An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Apr 22 2004, 11:11 AM'] Why do so many women prefer money to children?

[/quote]
I'm not sure where you're gettin this from, but you are dead wrong. I just spent 1 1/2 debating on how abortion is wrong. I also disagree with birth control. If God wants me to have 15 children and just get by as far as finances, then so be it. I would much rather have children than all the material possessions money can buy, and I'm sure most of the ladies in here will agree with me.

CreepyCrawler

I would prefer to have a large family and not much money than the other way around. Actually, I don't care about money that much at all but having a big family would be such a blessing. But I don't think I'm called to be married with kids, so I can't answer from experience. Maybe you're confusing general American society with 'most women.' So I guess the answer is, most women don't prefer that. Just many women AND men.

theculturewarrior

[quote]'m not sure where you're gettin this from, but you are dead wrong. I just spent 1 1/2 debating on how abortion is wrong. I also disagree with birth control. If God wants me to have 15 children and just get by as far as finances, then so be it. I would much rather have children than all the material possessions money can buy, and I'm sure most of the ladies in here will agree with me. [/quote]

I wouldn't say I'm DEAD wrong, except for the fact that I'm a man and I'm always wrong. :D Phatmass is a contolled environment. This ain't the real world. Most women I have met (whether Catholic or not) erupt in laughter when I say that I would like a big family.

However, it warms my heart to hear that my generalization is not universally true. :) God bless you!

Edited by theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

[quote] would prefer to have a large family and not much money than the other way around. Actually, I don't care about money that much at all but having a big family would be such a blessing. But I don't think I'm called to be married with kids, so I can't answer from experience. Maybe you're confusing general American society with 'most women.' So I guess the answer is, most women don't prefer that. Just many women AND men. [/quote]

Conceded. However, I would say most women (at least in the States).

Edited by theculturewarrior

Yeah, well I was raised an only child, and it gets pretty darn boring quite often. So I've always wanted a big family. Life is more fun that way. :D

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Apr 22 2004, 11:11 AM'] I had to wake up early the next day. She said, "Justin, just be patient, we're doing something else." And I was like, "mom, I'm tired and I want to go to bed, and I just worked a fourteen hour day." She was like, "well I WORK 24 hours a day." This seems to be the standard response when a man complains. But when a WOMAN complains...WATCH OUT!

Why do women expect us to read their minds?

[/quote]
How old is your mom???? Could she be going through "The Change"???

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Apr 22 2004, 11:44 PM'] How old is your mom???? Could she be going through "The Change"??? [/quote]
ruh roh....

<thicke runs for cover from the onslaught>

NewReformation

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 21 2004, 10:58 AM'] Is it so hard to put the seat back down? [/quote]
As soon as y'all start putting the seat back up for us.

NewReformation

[quote name='thicke' date='Apr 21 2004, 11:23 AM'] Wouldn't it be better to just put the seat and the lid down? That way, no matter if you sit or stand, you have to do some work before doing your business. Plus, it just seems like it would be better to keep the toilet closed except when in use. [/quote]
Actually, I always put the seat and lid down when I'm ready to flush. Because when you flush, the toilet can expel tiny microscopic drops of water carrying germs and God-knows-what-else up to twenty feet from the toilet.

NewReformation

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Apr 21 2004, 11:35 AM'] Can we "flush" the toilet seat references from this thread? [/quote]
Okay, I'm gonna have to kick your tail for that one.

:getaclue:

NewReformation

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:15 PM'] And what about your underclothes?

Why do you insist on wearing your underwear/boxers two to four times in a row? You know...you do have other underwear/boxers! [/quote]
Excuse us for trying to cut down on your laundry load. :P

NewReformation

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:23 PM'] You know, I think we are all learning a little too much about Adam today...

Must say, my husband wouldn't wear underwear twice in a row... Adam's weird. [/quote]
:rolling: ROFLMHO! :rolling:

NewReformation

[quote name='prov31girl' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:38 PM'] So why is it that guys just can't take a hint? [/quote]
Give an example.

NewReformation

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Apr 21 2004, 01:49 PM'] Because our miraculous cloak of clairvoyance is at the cleaners....

Keep in mind too that Jesus Himself said "Let your 'no' mean 'no' and your 'yes' mean 'yes'". [/quote]
BAHAHAHAHAHA! ROFLMHO! :rolling:

NewReformation

[quote name='lankyswimmer' date='Apr 21 2004, 05:00 PM'] yea and then they get all mad for us peeing on the seat/floor.....well maybe if you would allow us the greater area to hit that wouldnt happen [/quote]
Also, they should keep in mind that in the middle of the night it is very unlikely that we will turn the light on. Therefore, leaving the seat up at that time is critical. Since we are half-asleep, it's highly unlikely that we will think to pull the seat up ourselves. And if the floor gets wet because of such an incident, it's your fault ladies.