An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

Catholictothecore

girls: why is it that you almost seem to fight it when a guy likes you? I mean...when a guy is obviously flustered, why do you just...kinda walk away a bit when it's obvious he's as scared as you are?

To me, Catholictothecore, its because we're scared it wont last. Girls tend to think of the future rather then just the present, and its really scary to think that the person who is claiming to like you (and you like them in return) will stop having feelings for you. And if we ignore it and say it isn't so, then the opposite will stop having the feelings sooner, and then it would save both of them a lot of pain.

I know, it sounds all messed up, but its how we think...or at least me...

Catholictothecore

Ok....is it true that girls are looking for stability and security, and basically are only attracted to guys that are built like tanks because of some physical attribute?

Yes, girls are looking for stability, but I dont think that they are only attracted to guys that have a strong build. At least I dont think that way. The guy needs to show her be the way he acts that he will be able to protect her even if he is stringy. ;)

Edited by goldbug16

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1186828' date='Feb 6 2007, 08:24 PM']
Yes, girls are looking for stability, but I dont think that they are only attracted to guys that have a strong build. At least I dont think that way. The guy needs to show her be the way he acts that he will be able to protect her even if he is stringy. ;)
[/quote]

"stringy" :lol: that word just made me laugh. i don't know why. :disguise:

I agree with you, though. I don't think you have to be 'built like a tank' or even anywhere near that.

Okay here is one for you guys: Why do you try to show off and act really loud and annoying in order to get the attention of a girl who you like? I have had a lot of boys do that to me, and it just turns me off.
I am not saying that all you guys are like that....

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1186807' date='Feb 6 2007, 08:12 PM']
To me, Catholictothecore, its because we're scared it wont last. Girls tend to think of the future rather then just the present, and its really scary to think that the person who is claiming to like you (and you like them in return) will stop having feelings for you. And if we ignore it and say it isn't so, then the opposite will stop having the feelings sooner, and then it would save both of them a lot of pain.

I know, it sounds all messed up, but its how we think...or at least me...
[/quote]

Basically yeah... I don't really know how else to explain it either. I think I'd rather like a guy, tell him so, and risk being rejected right off, than have a guy say he liked me and believe that, and start liking him, then find out he doesn't like me anymore.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1186838' date='Feb 6 2007, 08:32 PM']
Okay here is one for you guys: Why do you try to show off and act really loud and annoying in order to get the attention of a girl who you like? I have had a lot of boys do that to me, and it just turns me off.
[/quote]

I think that's all to do with the guy's level of maturity. You see that mostly in younger guys, though there are guys of all ages who are not past the maturity level of a 15 year old boy and you will see them try to attract girls this way. Many of the guys in their teens will outgrow it, it just takes some a lot longer than others, and like I said... some never do.

Catholictothecore

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1186839' date='Feb 6 2007, 08:32 PM']
Basically yeah... I don't really know how else to explain it either. I think I'd rather like a guy, tell him so, and risk being rejected right off, than have a guy say he liked me and believe that, and start liking him, then find out he doesn't like me anymore.
[/quote]

So, basically, what your saying is that if I like a girl, come out and tell her..don't beat around the bush, but if I have the oppurtunity, do it?

The last time I told a guy I was interested in him, I was really more afraid that he would say yes than that he would say no.

I think there's more that's scary about getting close to someone and developing intimacy than dealing with rejection. For me at least.

So thinking that a guy might be interested awakens lots of fears ... if you are vulnerable with someone and open up and trust someone, in addition to being open to the good things that can come of a relationship like that you are also being open to the very real possibility of being hurt badly.

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1186839' date='Feb 6 2007, 09:32 PM']
[/quote]
that just happened to me...its such a bad feeling :(

but i will just take it as a learning experience and try not to dwell. but sometimes we have to take risks in life and put ourselves out there even if it involves getting hurt (as much as it smells of elderberries). hopefully it will make us stronger in some way.

Edited by mariahLVzJP2

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1186838' date='Feb 6 2007, 08:32 PM']
[/quote]

:lol_roll: i kinda find that funny.....
i never do that if i like a girl i just talk to her....i don't really see people doing that^ a lot either....hmmm maybe it DOES happen? idk....i guess maybe a little?

but they are just trying to get your attention....i mean if they dont stand out how else are they going to? :idontknow: ......

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1187019' date='Feb 6 2007, 10:38 PM']
The last time I told a guy I was interested in him, I was really more afraid that he would say yes than that he would say no.

I think there's more that's scary about getting close to someone and developing intimacy than dealing with rejection. For me at least.

So thinking that a guy might be interested awakens lots of fears ... if you are vulnerable with someone and open up and trust someone, in addition to being open to the good things that can come of a relationship like that you are also being open to the very real possibility of being hurt badly.
[/quote]

hmm idk....for me i don't even think about risks like that....maybe its cause im a guy, but i'm pretty trusting...of course that means it's pretty easy to hurt me, but it's pretty easy to get me to open up. pretty much all you have to do is listen :). but i haven't been hurt very much....i think i choose the right people to open up to.