An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

JMJ
4/30 - St. Pius V

I think Jerry Seinfeld clinched it best when he said...

"Ladies, you want to know what guys are thinking? You REALLY want to know what we're thinking all the time? I'll tell you.

Nothin', really.

That's right, absolutely nothing. When you ask us what we're thinking and we respond, 'Nothing,' we're telling the truth!"

For what it's worth. ;)

[quote name='traichuoi' date='Apr 30 2004, 01:10 AM'] what kinda hints do guys usually give? [/quote]
yea guys, do tell :huh:

theculturewarrior

I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Can you give an example?

Sometimes my coworker asks me about stuff I don't understand, like what color goes best with what. I usually just pick one at random, not because I don't take my coworker seriously, but because it seems too important to her for me to tell her that such things are not in my field of expertise (or sphere of interest).

CreepyCrawler

but if she didn't want a real answer, she wouldn't have asked you, now would she? even if you aren't an expert, at least TRY. come on now!

[quote name='RoseRed' date='Apr 30 2004, 05:49 PM'] Why can guyz be so nochalant about things that girls take seriously? [/quote]
Easy, because we're not girls....

JMJ
5/1 - St. Joseph the Worker

Hey, you have your priorities, we have ours. :P It's a natural part of being a dude versus not being a dude.

[quote name='RoseRed' date='May 1 2004, 09:38 AM'] So, Thicke, I can see why guys can't even take a question seriously? What an Excuse!!! <_< ^_^ [/quote]
I wasn't trying to be funny, I was making an honest observation.

We don't know what makes ya'll tick anymore than you know what makes us tick.

Paladin D

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='May 1 2004, 04:35 PM'] why do guys have this weird obsession with cracking their knuckles :rolleyes:  :P [/quote]
I crack my knuckles. I don't know exactly how it started, just was curious how others did it, so I practiced... it hurt at first, but now it doesn't. I do it when I'm bored, or my fingers need to be more loose. But I don't do it that much as I used to these days.

[i]Cracking your knuckles will cause arthritis in later life.

[b]ANSWER:[/b] False. Depending on your point of view, knuckle-popping sounds disgusting or cool. There is no evidence that cracking your knuckles inflames the joints and leads to arthritis. The cracking causes the bones to pull apart, forming a gas bubble and breaking the adhesive seal in the joint. Crack! About a quarter of the people in the U.S. crack their knuckles and might begin to lose their grip a little. Constant cracking can weaken the fingers.[/i]

[quote name='Paladin D' date='May 1 2004, 05:29 PM'] I crack my knuckles. I don't know exactly how it started, just was curious how others did it, so I practiced... it hurt at first, but now it doesn't. I do it when I'm bored, or my fingers need to be more loose. But I don't do it that much as I used to these days.

[i]Cracking your knuckles will cause arthritis in later life.

[b]ANSWER:[/b] False. Depending on your point of view, knuckle-popping sounds disgusting or cool. There is no evidence that cracking your knuckles inflames the joints and leads to arthritis. The cracking causes the bones to pull apart, forming a gas bubble and breaking the adhesive seal in the joint. Crack! About a quarter of the people in the U.S. crack their knuckles and might begin to lose their grip a little. Constant cracking can weaken the fingers.[/i] [/quote]
i'm a girl and i do it too. it's more out of habit for me. if i don't do it, my hands feel weird. ;)

theculturewarrior

[quote] but if she didn't want a real answer, she wouldn't have asked you, now would she? even if you aren't an expert, at least TRY. come on now! [/quote]

I answer just to be polite, but when she asks me what color goes best with what, I have to look around to see if there are any guys around, because if there were...I WOULD NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!

Which brings up another question...why do women act as if they want their guy friends to be girls? Why DOES my coworker ask me about colors?

Edited by theculturewarrior