An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

NewReformation

Okay, here's one for the ladies.

Why is it that girls always say that they want to be friends with a guy before they date him, but once any guy comes into their circle of friends they become undatable because 'they are such good friends."

Furthermore, why is it that girls always pass over the nice guys and go out with the jerks?

theculturewarrior

[quote]You know, I think we are all learning a little too much about Adam today...

Must say, my husband wouldn't wear underwear twice in a row... Adam's weird. 

ROFLMHO!  [/quote]

In all honesty, I am wearing the same underwear right now. Adam's not alone.

[quote name='NewReformation' date='Apr 23 2004, 06:47 AM'] Okay, here's one for the ladies.

Why is it that girls always say that they want to be friends with a guy before they date him, but once any guy comes into their circle of friends they become undatable because 'they are such good friends."

Furthermore, why is it that girls always pass over the nice guys and go out with the jerks? [/quote]
Well, it's hard for me to answer that because I don't do that, but then again I'm not the average American girl either. I must say though, that it certainly does seem like most girls do it. My best guess as to why would be that they aren't looking for anything serious and they're shallow. A lot of good-looking guys are conceited because of it. So a girl might be with him for his looks, and she just happens to put up with his jerkness because of it. Like I said, I've never really done that, I'm all about nice guys finishing first.

As for your first question, once again, something I don't really do. I have to be friends with someone before I would consider dating them. I'd say that the reason why most girls do it is a lot of times is for the same basic reason as the other question. They don't want anything serious. If you would start dating someone that you already know well, then you know it's not going to be just a typical casual dating relationship, and if that typical casual dating relationship is what a girl is looking for at the time, they don't want to date a good friend because it would most likely ruin the friendship. Ok, I've said my two cents now. Movin on. ^_^

Yea, I think alot of it has to do with maturity level. Most [u]older[/u] girls I talk to prefer a guy to be a friend first, while chikaz i've met that are younger, usually under 20 seem to have this thing where once a guy is a friend thats all he may ever be.

[quote name='NewReformation' date='Apr 23 2004, 08:47 AM'] Okay, here's one for the ladies.

Furthermore, why is it that girls always pass over the nice guys and go out with the jerks? [/quote]
Hmm, I don't know because I don’t do this. My boyfriend and I were friends for more than a year before we even entertained the idea of dating. And of all the guys I have known, he is by far the nicest and most respectful. I’m not into the “jerky” kind of guy.

I do have a friend though who loved guys that are jerks. She’s not interested in a commitment, so maybe it stems from that. She also prides herself on being adventurous, so maybe she sees bad guys as a challenge. I don’t know for certain but that’s my guess.

Ok, my question. Why is it that guys hate to hold hands in public? Unless they think another guy is looking at you, and then they want to hold your hand. What's the deal with that?

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Apr 23 2004, 09:05 AM']
In all honesty, I am wearing the same underwear right now. Adam's not alone. [/quote]
recycle! the word of the day is recycle.

[quote name='foundsheep' date='Apr 23 2004, 02:28 PM'] recycle! the word of the day is recycle. [/quote]
eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww :blink:

Just turn those suckers inside out, as long as there's no skids.

Also, how does one purge ones soul or heart from past dating experiences. I dated a lot in high school, I've dated a lot in college, and I've been frustrated and hurt a lot, and I just feel really irritated by women once I get into a relationship. Of course I've never made a mistake, it's always their fault. (j/k) So how does one purge ones self of relationship demons? Seems like I'm always have such low expectations going into a relationship because so many others have gone wrong.

I need some real advice on that, not just "raise your expectations" or something else ambiguous like that.

[quote name='Matty_boy' date='Apr 26 2004, 07:30 PM'] I need some real advice on that, not just "raise your expectations" or something else ambiguous like that. [/quote]
My best advice is to not get into a relationship for a while. Sometimes the only thing that helps is time. Over time you'll learn the mistakes you made and you'll better be able to identify the mistakes the other person made and how you can avoid those in another relationship. Be independent for a while. Be your own person. As time passes, you'll mature and learn A LOT. Besides, good things are worth waiting for as hard is it may be sometimes.

IcePrincessKRS

Ok, the "recycle the underroos" conversation has GOT to END! That las comment about skid marks was almost enough to make me vomit, no joke. (Although since you brought it up, why do guys get skid marks but not girls? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...............)

I don't know of anybody that has skid marks. Of course I don't go sniffing around other peoples skivvies either. It's just something at least my guy friends and I make jokes about. One of those lockerroom joke subjects.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Apr 26 2004, 10:51 PM'] Ok, the "recycle the underroos" conversation has GOT to END! That las comment about skid marks was almost enough to make me vomit, no joke. (Although since you brought it up, why do guys get skid marks but not girls? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...............) [/quote]
Not sure about the other guys, but I don't get them.

Mainly because I wipe my @$$ first.

Question for the ladies...

Do women like the physical appearance of guys with muscle? Not too much like an Arnold Schwarzenegger, but not too little like a child. Sort of like a Sylvester Stallone or Bruce Willis.