An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:01 PM'] question for da ladies---back to the sports.. why are the girls starting to heavily take interest in GUY sports? i.e. football, basketball is now becoming even more popular among women. what's up with that? [/quote]
umm, because it's cool? It's fun to watch and to play. Football I like to watch best of all, but I love going to see baseball games (mostly just for the atmosphere).

LOL reminds me of a funny story. Once when I was in highschool our girls' gym class was playing football. Or, maybe a more accurate way of putting it is: we were playing a wimpy version of football.

Anyway, I was so excited because I intercepted the ball and ran for a touchdown! But then these ... rather ignorant girls ... on the other team started screaming and whining. Evidently they didn't know what an interception was. :huh: And they complained to the gym teacher. And she took my 6 points away because of their ignorance! :irate: It wasn't fair. :(

I love sports, though I've never been that great at anything. But they're fun to play and watch.

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:21 PM'] why do girls have to shave their legs and men don't have to? [/quote]
In case anyone actually cares, women started shaving their legs in the US during one of the World Wars (I think it was WWI, but I could be wrong). Before that, women wore stockings. Rich women wore silk stockings and the rest of the women wore cotton stockings. During the war, we needed to conserve silk because it was used in parachutes. Rather than wear cotton stockings like the "common folk," women who normally wore silk stockings would shave their legs and draw a line up the back of their legs so it looked like they were wearing silk stockings. Eventually this caught on.

I'm full of useless information.... :nerd:

OK, I'll go with that then..with all this useless information in my head, sometimes there's not enough room for the useful stuff :wacko:

~runnergurl~

[quote name='p0lar_bear' date='Apr 21 2004, 05:29 PM'] In case anyone actually cares, women started shaving their legs in the US during one of the World Wars (I think it was WWI, but I could be wrong). Before that, women wore stockings. Rich women wore silk stockings and the rest of the women wore cotton stockings. During the war, we needed to conserve silk because it was used in parachutes. Rather than wear cotton stockings like the "common folk," women who normally wore silk stockings would shave their legs and draw a line up the back of their legs so it looked like they were wearing silk stockings. Eventually this caught on.

I'm full of useless information.... :nerd: [/quote]
Nice.

:lol:

hey i have a question for the girls...

if i'm with a group of friends, comprised mostly of girls, and they start talking about girly (hair clothes guys whatever) stuff... what should i do then?

IcePrincessKRS

Change the subject. Or start talking like you know what they are talking about, exaggeratedly so, which SHOULD clue them in that its rather rude to do that to you and then, hopefully, they will start talking about things which are appropriate and enjoyable for mixed company.

[quote name='tobk2000' date='Apr 21 2004, 09:44 PM'] hey i have a question for the girls...

if i'm with a group of friends, comprised mostly of girls, and they start talking about girly (hair clothes guys whatever) stuff... what should i do then? [/quote]
just smile and nod ;)

CreepyCrawler

guys -- do you wash your hands if you just stand up and do a number one in the bathroom? i hope that's not too gross, but i have seen a few guy friends who'll go out in the woods and do it and then not worry about washing their hands...

Okay Ladies, next questioN-
if you have this guy friend who you think is GREAT-but u only see him asa real good friend, even tho you care for him alot, is it impossible for you to ever see him as more than a friend after he's entered that "like a brother" zone?

CreepyCrawler

it's possible. sometimes the 'brothers' will grow on you and boom! you're in love. but it depends on how long you want to wait.

ive waited on this girl for over a year, im in love with her. We were together the last few months but it was too hard for her to see me in any other way becuz i became so close to her like a brother. what smells of elderberries is, is she is talking to this other guy now, and i work with her at night, so im reminded of what i cant have every day. Pray for me chicas!

CreepyCrawler

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Apr 21 2004, 08:48 PM'] ive waited on this girl for over a year, im in love with her. We were together the last few months but it was too hard for her to see me in any other way becuz i became so close to her like a brother. what smells of elderberries is, is she is talking to this other guy now, and i work with her at night, so im reminded of what i cant have every day. Pray for me chicas! [/quote]
you can still be friend with her, even if you can't 'have' her. don't mean to be insensitive or anything, but if you really love her, you will want her to be happy even if it's with someone else. it's hard, but maybe if you try and think of that way, it'll make it a bit easier. be glad you at least get to see this girl, she sounds special!

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 21 2004, 09:40 PM'] guys -- do you wash your hands if you just stand up and do a number one in the bathroom? i hope that's not too gross, but i have seen a few guy friends who'll go out in the woods and do it and then not worry about washing their hands... [/quote]
I wash always. Cept in the woods. No water and I pack light so hand stuff? LOL Dream on!