An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Teen

PennyLane

Vincent Vega

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1307677427' post='2251885']
I'm going to call this out as extremely uncharitable and absolutely uncalled for. You're better than this, Cam.
[/quote]
Hush, you. Jesus said we only have to be nice to those who are nice to us. It's right there in the Bible! Read it for once!

Plus, as long as you're speaking the truth, you don't have to worry about being charitable. Or something.

Vincent Vega

[color="#006400"]Edited for immaturity[/color]

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

Vincent Vega

[color="#006400"]Edited for immaturity[/color]

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

Vincent Vega

Just me letting my emotions get the better of me. I've edited out the dumb things I said (or as many as it would let me). Sorry for being an arse to you, Cam.

[quote name='HisChildForever' timestamp='1307678309' post='2251893']
what is going on in here. :blink:
[/quote]

I'm getting trolled by an airline company with a Polish mustache...

Ohai...I'll be right over...apparently, we can't say the name of the other site, becaue of the inherent charity and maturity here, which is always going on smh ...see ya in a minute...

Edited by Cam42

faithcecelia

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1307677017' post='2251882']
Essentially the heresy emphasizes the disunion between the human and divine natures of Jesus. This is exactly what you said when you said:

Christ had perfect knowledge of all things. He didn't have to learn obedience from his parents, because he was already perfectly obedient. While Christ did take on a fully human nature, it was ALWAYS illumined by his divine nature. At no time would the two natures come into conflict with one another. To say that would be to emphasize the disunion between the divine and human nature of Christ. Your statement is a perfect example of a heresy which was condemned in 451 AD.

A good start in learning about this particular heresy is [url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10755a.htm"]HERE[/url]. Your last statement is one of the many good explanations as to why Protestantism is a heresy as well. They hold heretical views and teach them in a manifest way. I would strongly suggest that you take the time to start with volume 1 of the Baltimore Catechism and work your way through. There are three volumes. They are not hard and they WILL give you a good base from which to expand and grow your Catholic knowledge base. Also, I would STRONGLY suggest you find your nearest Traditional Latin Mass center and start assisting at Mass there. The less Modernism you can encounter, the more easily you'll understand your Catholic faith.
[/quote]

There are a number of references to Jesus learning obedience in the Scriptures (off the top of my head there is Luke and Hebrews) I cannot see how Scripture would contain heresy! Nor can I see how this is seperating his divinity from his humanity, its the perfect combination of God who can do no wrong totally united in man who has to learn. Whilst always and completely being God, he was also a human child choosing to take on our weaknesses. Telling me I am saying his humanity and divinity are seperate does not change the fact that I am actually saying they are completely and absolutely united.

I am not going to get into circular discussion with you as I see you don't try to appreciate another's comments. I will continue to keep the scriptures as my predominant textbook and getting to English Mass as often as I can (sadly not easy here) as I believe Mass in the vernacular to be most appropriate for me. Thank you for your answer.

Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1307676140' post='2251879']
You came back to the Catholic Church because of the Catholic Church.
You gave up your life of sin and gave your life to God, because of the Truth of the Catholic Church.
Your Faith is not dependent on any one devotion, including Adoration. Your faith is dependent upon the Catholic Church.

You answered a call to whatever your vocation is, because of the Catholic Church.

I'm very well versed in what Life Teen is. It is a sham. My generalizations are not sweeping, they are founded in truth.

Every movement in the Church is founded upon two things: Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.
Every movement in the Church is supported by 4 pillars based upon these two foundations: One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic
Every movement in the Church is dependent upon 7 Sacraments.
No movement in the Church claims to bring people back to the Church....it is the Truth the Church provides which brings people back.

Your assessment sir, is wrong...Life Teen had nothing to do with it. The Church did.
[/quote]

Well God worked right a sham and here I am, deal with it.

I am in religious life, despite what you can say of it. life teen did some good in my life.
I trust my experience, over you assessment of reality based on hearsay, gossip, and rumors.

Edited by Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307679619' post='2251899']
There are a number of references to Jesus learning obedience in the Scriptures (off the top of my head there is Luke and Hebrews) I cannot see how Scripture would contain heresy! Nor can I see how this is seperating his divinity from his humanity, its the perfect combination of God who can do no wrong totally united in man who has to learn. Whilst always and completely being God, he was also a human child choosing to take on our weaknesses. Telling me I am saying his humanity and divinity are seperate does not change the fact that I am actually saying they are completely and absolutely united.

I am not going to get into circular discussion with you as I see you don't try to appreciate another's comments. I will continue to keep the scriptures as my predominant textbook and getting to English Mass as often as I can (sadly not easy here) as I believe Mass in the vernacular to be most appropriate for me. Thank you for your answer.
[/quote]

No, at no point is Christ "learning" anything...Scripture has no heresy.

To assert that Christ had to learn something says that his human nature was not illuminated in some way by his divine nature. It is the divine nature which was always superior to the human.

Yes, he was fully human, but he didn't have human weaknesses...he took on human form, but that form was always illuminated by the divine. Sure, he felt pain, he had emotions, but those human things were always illuminated by the divine, even in the most dire of circumstances.

I am not saying that his divinity and humanity are separate. You are. I am saying that the two natures co-exist, with the divine illuminating the human.

Thre is no circular discussion. You have to assent your will to the truth of the Matter. Show me which Scriptures your speaking of and I will try to explain it to you. As it stands, I am perfectly reasonable when people are reasonable with me. You have no idea about the dynamic of the situation with me and this site, so please refrain from judgment. As for sticking with your Scriptures, make sure that you look at and learn from them in light of Catholic teaching and not your own. Your view is flawed, the Church's is not. That is a basic principle.

As for assisting at an English Mass v. a Traditional Latin Mass, that is your choice, but the Church is clear that the Traditional Latin Mass is a valid and laudable expression of our Catholic Faith. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it as being less appropriate. It simply is not.

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' timestamp='1307680384' post='2251902']
Well God worked right a sham and here I am, deal with it.

I am in religious life, despite what you can say of it. life teen did some good in my life.
I trust my experience, over you assessment of reality based on hearsay, gossip, and rumors.
[/quote]

Thank goodness I don't have to "deal with it."

I am happy that you have found your vocation. I will pray for it and for you daily.

My assessment of reality is not based upon hearsay, gossip, and rumors...there is plenty of support for my position, including my own eyes....

Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1307680931' post='2251904']
Thank goodness I don't have to "deal with it."

I am happy that you have found your vocation. I will pray for it and for you daily.

My assessment of reality is not based upon hearsay, gossip, and rumors...there is plenty of support for my position, including my own eyes....
[/quote]

This is fun
how quick is my reply going to provoke you to reply to me with a thorough refutation[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/concede.gif[/img]

because lord knows we are all going to burn in hell for associated with life teen.

To me Life Teen sounds like a Pro Life organization for teens. Too bad it isnt at least not as a main focus.

I think it would be nice if religious Orders had junior branches for young people. Not necessarily to make them into future consecrated religious but just as a wider part of the Community.

[quote name='Ephrem Augustine' timestamp='1307681554' post='2251906']
This is fun
how quick is my reply going to provoke you to reply to me with a thorough refutation[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/concede.gif[/img]

because lord knows we are all going to burn in hell for associated with life teen.
[/quote]

Way to use that Augustinian charity brother...you're proving a great example of religious life.

I am done with you...you're not worth my time to talk to...I'll keep you in my rosary intentions for religious life though.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1307678636' post='2251896']
Ohai...I'll be right over...apparently, we can't say the name of the other site, becaue of the inherent charity and maturity here, which is always going on smh ...see ya in a minute...
[/quote]

You were there but then you left..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7lQ71l9_Y[/media]
So, a couple of things jump out at me...

1. This is not really a video about Adoration, this is a promo for the singer....
2. The kid in the white hat in the second row, NEVER takes his hat off...even when the Blessed Sacrament is present.
3. The minister is not a priest or a deacon. There is no stole. He should not be exposing the Blessed Sacrament when a priest is present. The wedding band is a dead give away, BTW.
4. The Blessed Sacrament exposed is not on an altar, it is on a table. Not acceptable.
5. And all of this is not taking place in a sacred space, but rather a garage, complete with brooms and mops...and a band...
6. Bands are forbidden in liturgical worship.
7. While the O Salutaris is sung in both Latin and English, it is perfectly clear that they don't know what they're doing, because he says they will sing one verse in Latin and one verse in English...actually he sings two verses in Latin and two verses in Englsh...sheesh...
8. Then there is the gentleman chewing gum.
9. Where is the proper adoration given by the ministers...there should be incensing and meditation

If this is the brand of Eucharistic Adoration...I'll take a church...and proper reverence... not an commercial for the music of Jon Paul Hebert...

Not impressed.

Edited by Cam42