An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Teen

PennyLane

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1307564140' post='2251392']
I find this off topic. It does address the discussion of dancing in the mass. If you are refuse or are unable to understand that, then don't worry about it.
[/quote]
Chill, dude.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307567009' post='2251401']
Chill, dude.
[/quote]lol, u mad?

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307483976' post='2250984']
And it makes me dance with joy even more to know that the Church is big enough that we all fit! There are enough masses that we can all worship in the way God inspires us to, its just so sad that people spend so much time worrying about the bits they don't like.
[/quote]

Agreed ... +1

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1307553838' post='2251308']
Your statement about old ladies with rosaries was also rude.
[/quote]

Hmmm ... possibly not as rude as actually seeing people praying the rosary during Mass. That sort of takes the focus off of what is being done ... and I was just at a Mass where a priest spoke against this practice.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1307567440' post='2251409']
lol, u mad?
[/quote]
No, I simply find the fact that you feel the need to reduce yourself to attacks on my comprehensive ability unnecessary.

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1307569396' post='2251417']
Hmmm ... possibly not as rude as actually seeing people praying the rosary during Mass. That sort of takes the focus off of what is being done ... and I was just at a Mass where a priest spoke against this practice.
[/quote]

+1. I had a priest talk about this once too, saying how much debate still raged about Vatican II in the Church today, but that he had way less people praying the Rosary now in the Mass than he did before the Council. He always felt that it was rude not just to Him, but to the holy sacrifice itself as attention wasn't being given.

Vincent Vega

See, I'm not sure that I agree with that. I think it would be possible to both fully participate in the Mass and pray the rosary at the same time, particularly if one is meditating on the sorrowful mysteries.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307571558' post='2251430']
No, I simply find the fact that you feel the need to reduce yourself to attacks on my comprehensive ability unnecessary.
[/quote]Whatever.

Question 269 of the Baltimore Catechism asks, "How should we assist at Mass?" Answer[b]: [/b]We should assist at Mass with great interior recollection and piety and with every outward mark of respect and devotion.

Question 270 of the Baltimore Catechism asks, "Which is the best manner of hearing Mass?" Answer:[b] [/b]The best manner of hearing Mass is to offer it to God with the priest for the same purpose for which it is said, to meditate on Christ's sufferings and death, and to go to Holy Communion.

dominicansoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1307572938' post='2251441']
Question 269 of the Baltimore Catechism asks, "How should we assist at Mass?" Answer[b]: [/b]We should assist at Mass with great interior recollection and piety and with every outward mark of respect and devotion.

Question 270 of the Baltimore Catechism asks, "Which is the best manner of hearing Mass?" Answer:[b] [/b]The best manner of hearing Mass is to offer it to God with the priest for the same purpose for which it is said, to meditate on Christ's sufferings and death, and to go to Holy Communion.
[/quote]

:like:

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1307572913' post='2251440']
Whatever.
[/quote]
Apology accepted. :like:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307578443' post='2251466']
Apology accepted. :like:
[/quote] :clapping: You are welcome.

Ash Wednesday

LifeTeen when it was introduced to my parish was really not my thing. Back then it was in its earlier form and they did have things like people gathering around the altar. If they've improved on it then that's good. Personally, I don't like contemporary worship style and agree with Cardinal Arinze's assessment of banalized music. But it's the lesser of my concerns when so many Catholics are basically dumber than a box of rocks about doctrine and don't think the pope has to "tell them what to do."

As a program, I don't think I have a problem with it in itself so long as there is orthodoxy and is instrumental in people's conversions and learning about the faith. But as a Mass, I do share the same concerns as Roamin Catholic and others as far as tailoring a regular mass for one particular group, though. Maybe if they just had the program, and the life night gatherings, but didn't attach the name to the mass as well it probably wouldn't bother me.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

tinytherese

What concerns me about people feeling called by God to dance (but not liturgical dance) is that it would distract other people during Mass. They would get made fun of and get whispered about. Some people might join in thinking that it looks like fun but not for their own spiritual benefit. Small children would especially be prone to to thinking this and the dancing would be more likely than not, not appropriate. I wouldn't want my impressionable little brother to start doing the macarena during Mass.