An Old School Catholic Message Board

The St. Monica Club

MissyP89

I've been looking on amazon and one book's title stood out to me. The St. Monica Ministry: Spiritual Excercises with a Loved One's Faith Crisis by Jack Buchner. There are no reviews on it though so I don't know if it is good. It's from Cathedral Foundation Press, 76 pages, and printed in 1998. Maybe if I look up the author...The idea of the book sounds fascinating.

Please pray for me, today I'm going to ask my parents for permission to go on a come and see (half way across the country). I have no idea how they will take it. Though another envelope arrived yesterday from a different order and they didn't freak out about it so I'm hopeful!

• 1 month later...
FutureCarmeliteClaire

Okay, my entire family except my immediate family (parents and siblings) and a few distant relatives are either non-practicing Catholics or atheists or agnostics or nothing. That is really, really hard on me because I don't have extended family who can talk to me about anything spiritual, and the majority of them, I think, just think I'm crazy. Luckily, I have adopted Church family that really takes the place of my real relatives, but it is hard still, because I know, no matter how much I want them to be, they will never actually be related to me.
Praying very, very hard that at least some of my extended family will revert/convert.

• 3 months later...
TheresaThoma

Amen!
Some good news though. I'm a sponsor in RCIA and one of our candidates shared today that their parents, who used to be very much opposed to the Catholic Church, have agreed to come to Mass. For those of us who struggle with our parents stories like these show that things can change!