An Old School Catholic Message Board

Occupy Wall Street Baloney

Lil Red

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1318433961' post='2320153']
No one has really touched on the whole "NYC Police targeting and beating the protesters" thing
[/quote]

I think the protesters knew that if they did just the right things that this would happen. Its like they want police brutality so the public will take notice.

dominicansoul

i'm still confused at what they are protesting against...wealthy corporations or wealthy people in general? are they against conservatism or do they criticize the present administration for all the bail outs? and when does all this end?

Edited by dominicansoul

I saw on TV someone being interviewed there, and he was going off saying he is sick of Wall Street's greediness and corruption and it's time he got his fair share.

dominicansoul

my thoughts on the whole debacle? the politicians who created the regulations that wall street follows should be forced to occupy wallstreet and sit in their own filth for days and days and days...

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1318434767' post='2320160']

I think the protesters knew that if they did just the right things that this would happen. Its like they want police brutality so the public will take notice.
[/quote]

how screwed up is this thought process?

There are two videos going around online, one shows the cops beating protesters, the other is the unedited version showing the protesters counting down and then assaulting the cops in mass, so the idea is not far fetched and inciting police violence is a known tactic by agitators.

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1318439998' post='2320205']
There are two videos going around online, one shows the cops beating protesters, the other is the unedited version showing the protesters counting down and then assaulting the cops in mass, so the idea is not far fetched and inciting police violence is a known tactic by agitators.
[/quote]

Exactly my point. They want to get seen, and they're doing a great job of it. I'm not saying I agree with them.

Sure, I'd love to see some fat cats toppled as much as anyone else. Good times. But is it just to demand it? I don't know for sure. I'm just not involved enough to be able to say one way or another.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1318426010' post='2320095']
Before Occupy Wall Street the Media and Liberals thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of old white right extremist bigots. Now the Tea Party is now being seen in a good light as it is compared to the Occupy crowd. And the President, Democrat Party and the Media have all endorsed the Occupy Crowd which is far more extreme than most imagined about the Tea Party. That's funny. When did the Tea Party take a dump on a Cop Car? Or on a burning American Flag?
[/quote]

fixed...

Clare~Therese

It's so complicated!

:paperbag:

Edited to add:
It's by where I live now kind of.
They were talking about it on the local news, and the news reporters said that the protesters said they were prepared to keep protesting for a week at least.

Edited by Clare~Therese

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1318455426' post='2320301']
[url="http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Bankster-Flyer.pdf"]http://www.lewrockwe...kster-Flyer.pdf[/url]
[/quote]
interesting.

So how do we stop the government from counterfeiting moneys?