An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rights Vs. Morals

Oremoose

KnightofChrist

I have no doubt most nations will become like Sodom in time. Allowing all sorts of similar immorality and perverse behavior. The new 'morality' of the world today is whatever two consenting adults want to do is razzle dazzle. That will change the more man slips into deeper wickedness.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1319119677' post='2324178']
I have no doubt most nations will become like Sodom in time. Allowing all sorts of similar immorality and perverse behavior. The new 'morality' of the world today is whatever two consenting adults want to do is razzle dazzle. That will change the more man slips into deeper wickedness.
[/quote]
Upside down world we live in. Our culture tells us that it is irresponsible, immoral, selfish, etc to have more that two children. It does not matter that me and my wife are consenting adults who want 5+ kids. So, them there "consenting adults" advocates cherry pick.

Yes, good point.. what is even more interesting is that they quote societal effects (overpopulation, etc) to bolster their claims. The devil is the ape of God.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1319126038' post='2324215']
Upside down world we live in. Our culture tells us that it is irresponsible, immoral, selfish, etc to have more that two children. It does not matter that me and my wife are consenting adults who want 5+ kids. So, them there "consenting adults" advocates cherry pick.
[/quote]
Have as many kids as you like, its your choice.

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1319133563' post='2324265']
Have as many kids as you like, its your choice.
[/quote]
lol.. i wish it was....

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1319086730' post='2324090']
Wow, you give way too much power to a government. I feel government should only get involved if absolutely necessary. Next we will have a moral or religious police branch like some Arab countries have. I could imagine your government deeming it immoral and hence illegal for people to pray to gods other then your god. People going to prison for adultery, for lying, for performing sexual positions that you don't think are moral.[/quote]

I agree I painted the goverment as too powerful and I would never support a goverment that was over controlling or imopose a religion on its citizens. But the point I was tring to put up was that things have gone out hand and we keep people from using AK-47s yet let people kill there unborn children.

[quote]
Government must restrict their scope to providing a functioning society, not a moral one. Churches can instill their form of moralities on their followers if they wish and if the followers desire to obey. Just don't force your religion on me, I disagree with your religion and your religious based moralities on many points. I would never vote for a religious based government.
[/quote]

As to this I say that the Goverment needs some sort of morallity that it builds its socity on. It does not need to be a stricked one but one that keeps it's citizens safe and healthy (both in mind and in body).

What an odd conservative mindset. Government should not be powerful enough to feed the starving, yet it should have the power to keep them from masturbating.

rizz_loves_jesus

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1319157560' post='2324441']
What an odd conservative mindset. Government should not be powerful enough to feed the starving, yet it should have the power to keep them from masturbating.
[/quote]

Yeah, really. :rolleyes:

"If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all." Jacob Hornberger

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1319157560' post='2324441']
[/quote]
No I think you still misunderstand me.

[quote name='Oremoose' timestamp='1319161274' post='2324466']
No I think you still misunderstand me.
[/quote]

i was actually responding to Knight, sort of.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Dominus pax bretheren and others...
chaos(anything goes) is destruction and denies the fundamental rite of dignity, eg. thou shalt not murder, without this law murder would be the easiest way to saught out a conflict with a neighbour or passer by or whatever, But in that zero tollerance also denies the fundamental rite of dignity threating death as a consequence for not obeying the set rules... I am neither both are wrong, i hate anal sex but am not going to assert violence upon a homo-sexual, this does not mean i can't have a conversation with a homosexual because i can,the act isn't nescisarily the person same as a murderer, seek the person and you may cure the disease.

God bless you all
JC "seek and ye shall find,knock and the door will be opened"

St francessca cabrini(the american saint) "one whom dares nothing recieves nothing,a missionary must be fearless."
St mary mackillop of the cross "Be eager in your desires but patient in there accomplishment."
Young men and women of god rise up!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1319161589' post='2324468']

i was actually responding to Knight, sort of.
[/quote]

Sort of is stretching it. The post was nothing but flamebait. Unworthy of any serious response.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1319165688' post='2324492']

Sort of is stretching it. The post was nothing but flamebait. Unworthy of any serious response.
[/quote]

just because you feel offended doesn't make my statement any less valid. Being a proponent of a small government while pushing for government involvement as morality police is simply hypocritical.

note, this does not apply to stuff like murder, abortion, etc as they are not simply immoral things, but actions that take the safety, life and rights away from another person. Government/police do have a duty to intervene in those cases.