An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

We'll tomorrow morning I'll be heading up north to Bowling Green to be a counselor at Buckeye Boys State. Prayers appreciated all. I might be gone for the next 10 days.

Seeing another, and frankly unpleasant, side of the Boys State experience. I hope this gets better. Delegates get here tomorrow, prayers please pham.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to my Dad about srsly important things today! Like transubstantiation! And it went well, sorta! Yay!!!

• 1 month later...

While I should let this thread die the dignified death it deserves, I won't. Well, I go back to school in less than a week. It's really fun to read through this thread, its about the closest thing I have to a journal, and it's pretty interesting to read back through it, because I can actually remember what was going on when I posted different things on here. One thing does stick out, BOY am I whiny. Ah well, something to work on.

Actually I'm going to probably take this thread in a different direction with this reboot, I'm going to start posting stuff I want to do, we'll see how that works. STUFF #1: LEARN LANGUAGE:

Saw this really razzle dazzle article on Lifehacker (which was surprising, usually nothing there I'm too interested in) about learning languages. Pretty interesting, going to have to give it a try. [url="http://lifehacker.com/5903288/i-learned-to-speak-four-languages-in-a-few-years-heres-how"]http://lifehacker.co...years-heres-how[/url]

Just realized my Nook broke during my traveling this summer. B&N has pretty terrible customer service, spent about 3 hours on the phone to learn 1) my 2 year warranty apparently doesn't exist 2)my account was never linked to my address 3) and once they put an order in, they can't change the shipping address. One the bright side, I'm getting a new Nook for only $70 when I traded mine in, and there's a possibility that the new one will get here before I head to school.

Edited by Amppax

Please pray for my girlfriend, she's going through a rough spot with her mom. Not really my place to share much, but her Mom was now telling her she wouldn't be able to work next summer, which is something she really needs to do, as she pays her own school bills. She called me this evening, and I'd forgotten how heartbreaking it is to talk to someone you love while they are hurt and be able to do ABSOLUTELY nothing. She's 1000 miles away. 16 days until we're both back at school, can't come soon enough.

An update on the ongoing saga of my Nook. Oh Barnes & Nobles! Just got an email this morning saying they couldn't ship the new Nook until September 2nd. Which is bad, because I'm using it for school books this year to save some money (hopefully). Thankfully the email after that said they had already shipped it, so hopefully its the latter, not the former.

Well, back to cleaning out my room and packing for school! I'm praying for you all.

xTrishaxLynnx

I had no idea you had one of these threads!

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1344098504' post='2462665']
Please pray for my girlfriend, [/quote]

Done :)

[quote]
An update on the ongoing saga of my Nook. Oh Barnes & Nobles! Just got an email this morning saying they couldn't ship the new Nook until September 2nd. Which is bad, because I'm using it for school books this year to save some money (hopefully). Thankfully the email after that said they had already shipped it, so hopefully its the latter, not the former.

Well, back to cleaning out my room and packing for school! I'm praying for you all.
[/quote]

What classes do you have this semester?

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1344099821' post='2462674']
I had no idea you had one of these threads!
[/quote]

Haha, yep! I liked BG's so much I made my own. I'd let it go for a while, but I decided to bring it back.

[quote]
Done :)
[/quote]

Thank you very much. :)

[quote]
What classes do you have this semester?
[/quote]

I'm taking an Econ class (I believe Micro) History of the Renaissance and Reformation (with my favorite professor) an Honors Seminar (on early Christian writing, also with my favorite professor) Theology of Christ, Principles of Biblical Studies I (over the OT) and Spanish 201. 19 Credits total. I'm hoping to get my books for the honors seminar on the Nook, I have about 15 assigned texts, and all are things I should be able to find free online.

xTrishaxLynnx

It would bug me having to use a digital copy of a book for a college course, unless I didn't have to use it often. I was pretty mad when they said there were required books, and I never even had to unwrap them, but also couldn't return them because they'd changed the book for the following sememster. I got almost all of my books from sources other than the book store, mostly Amazon and the craigslist page for the area I went to school in. I don't know how much you are going to save by using Nook copies, but Amazon does free 2 day shipping for students and I'm pretty sure you can get a year of that service for free (I did last year) and buying my books there saved me a ton of money.