An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1345530847' post='2471145']
You're so lucky. I don't even know how long I'll have to wait. :/
[/quote]

I've also been in those shoes. They are beat up and smell bad. Try to remember you really, truly, honest-to-God do not need to be with her in order to [i]be with her. [/i]It really bites, but being "stuck" like that will strengthen you in a million healthy ways. Be encouraged that the day will come. All you have to do is ride it out one day at a time.

Amp, I love coffee. But unfortunately I don't drink it enough; when I do finally have some (like I did today), I get anxious and jittery and almost wish I hadn't got any in the first place. Haha.

I'll say a prayer for you and the lady. Adjustments are weird. Hang in there.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1345954683' post='2474361']
I've also been in those shoes. They are beat up and smell bad. Try to remember you really, truly, honest-to-God do not need to be with her in order to [i]be with her. [/i]It really bites, but being "stuck" like that will strengthen you in a million healthy ways. Be encouraged that the day will come. All you have to do is ride it out one day at a time.
[/quote]

It burns so bad, but I'll try to keep with it. Thanks for cheering me on. :)

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1345954683' post='2474361']

Amp, I love coffee. But unfortunately I don't drink it enough; when I do finally have some (like I did today), I get anxious and jittery and almost wish I hadn't got any in the first place. Haha.

I'll say a prayer for you and the lady. Adjustments are weird. Hang in there.
[/quote]

Haha, I'm at a point (which I suppose you call college, where it is indispensable. I literally am not awake until I've had my coffee, its bad.

Thanks for the prayers. We're trying right now how to balance both our schedules, and still make time for each other. It's a little rough, but we're in the same state, so that's a definite improvement. :)

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1345956818' post='2474371']
It burns so bad, but I'll try to keep with it. Thanks for cheering me on. :)
[/quote]

Hang in there bud. Try to think of it as looking forward to seeing her when you do, than thinking of it the other way. :idontknow: that's what got me through this summer.

Well, I'm gonna burn for her either way, you know. I can either let the fire burn me or I can let it fuel me. I think I'm gonna chose the second option, and I'll be alright. Thanks! :)

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1346003921' post='2474474']
Gotta get tough, Fink. You're only just getting started. Offer up the ache for her. It feels useful.
[/quote]

Pretty much this.

Feeling super productive today.

In other news, the freshman next door is blasting Sublime and System of a Down. Takes me back to 7th grade. I feel old.

Goodbye phatmass. Hello reading. This semester I'm reading: The OT in its entirety (and a textbook on the old testament that's 2 inches thick, not to mention 6 encyclicals on scriptural interpretation). And that's just one class. Christology had 3 books, with many other reading assignments in addition promised. Then there's Honors: Augustine, Boethius, and a whole bunch of Church Fathers.

Darn good thing I love reading. I'm so excited for this semester. 19 credits, RA job? Its going to be a great semester.

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1346265377' post='2475910']
You should be getting a package soon. Keep an eye on your mail bro. :)
[/quote]

I've been checking it everyday recently, beginning of a semester forces me into that habit. I'm really excited to get it :)

I love reading too, and it took me two years to get through Confessions by Augustine. :| (Though I only read it prior to Confession while in line.)

Sounds like a fun semester though!

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1346266196' post='2475915']
I love reading too, and it took me two years to get through Confessions by Augustine. :| (Though I only read it prior to Confession while in line.)

Sounds like a fun semester though!
[/quote]

Yeah, it really is. All of the Old Testament (and the professor is great) an amesome collection of the works of the Church Fathers, Theology of Christ, the Renaissance and Reformation (my favorite historical period, and the class is with my favorite professor), a class on the philosophical foundations of science (with my second favorite professor), and Macroeconomics, which seems like it won't be too bad. Lots of work, but it'll be good.

That all sounds like an amazingly large amount of work...but fun (other than macro economics, but to each his own!).

The worst part sounds like the OT, mainly because of things like "So and so begat so and so who had seven sons who were named...". :P