An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

props were slowing everthing down. So... turned off until he can afford a better server. Sigh.

Same reason that a lot of the longer, older threads have been moved to the 'graveyard' - suposedly they may 'rise again' if we can afford them... but they were lagging everything. So... now if it hits 2000 posts... we start 'book 2' so to speak and keep on going.

Dang shame, but such is life on a fallen planet sometimes. There were ALL the props and long threads we could eat when we were in the Garden of Eden... but we just had to look for something else to chow on..... sigh....

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1350857312' post='2495743']
I'm not sure, but it is faster? And St. Gregory of Nyssa is amazing, though I guarantee you've read more of him than I!
[/quote]

Well it is faster. And I've only read parts of [i]Life of Moses, [/i]although I'm now writing a paper on it. I really, really like it. It's making me want to read more Eastern mysticism.

Edited by Amppax

Next weekend I get to go to DC, meet archbishop's and all kinds of cool people, and all of its paid for by the University!

You should totally read more eastern mysticism then! (When somehow you find the time...given your schedule between RAing, classes, and girlfriend.) And I'm jealous on the D.C. trip hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1351282755' post='2498089']
You should totally read more eastern mysticism then! (When somehow you find the time...given your schedule between RAing, classes, and girlfriend.) And I'm jealous on the D.C. trip hehe.
[/quote]

DC Trip was amazing. I've never had the time to explore the Basilica like that, it was so beautiful. I was privileged to meet Cardinal Wuerl, Archbiship Broglio (Diocese of Military Services), and George Weigel. Overall that was the best possible way I could have spent the weekend.

Cardinal Wuerl radiates holiness. He gave us a talk on the New Evangelization in light of the Synod last week, and it was so good.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1352686161' post='2508370']
Wait...what? Like seriously?

Glad the DC trip was great. Still jealous, especially after reading it.
[/quote]

Haha not really. One of the RA's decided to hold a fundraiser where the final result would be an RA from each dorm being "arrested" by campus security during Midnight Madness. So I was handcuffed by campus security and put in a make shift "jail" made out of a dog kennel.

Oh okay! That's much better! We had similar in my alma mater, but it backfired because they "arrested" you and then "bail" had to be paid. Sorta the reverse of what you all did, and then some of the people were ones nobody wanted to bail out. :P

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1352693676' post='2508454']
Oh okay! That's much better! We had similar in my alma mater, but it backfired because they "arrested" you and then "bail" had to be paid. Sorta the reverse of what you all did, and then some of the people were ones nobody wanted to bail out. :P
[/quote]

Not a fan of that. Our thing worked out pretty well, I only had to spend an hour in there, and all that really meant was that I had a better view of the Midnight Madness festivities.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352747683' post='2508659']
Hey dude, how are you?
[/quote]

I'm doing ok, how are you? Been really busy with this job and all my classes, but things have been pretty good this semester. Going through a bit of a rough patch spiritually, but things are pretty good overall.

Hey phatmass, I'm going to be taking a break for a while. If you see me post on here before the Sunday after Thanksgiving, feel free to ridicule me.

I'm pretty good, too. Starting to sniff around for some new job opportunities ... but a new job will almost certainly require me to move out and either get a car or become a public transportation genius.

So I'm trying to motivate myself in spite of fear. God has always provided. :)

Going home for Thanksgiving?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352852566' post='2509519']
I'm pretty good, too. Starting to sniff around for some new job opportunities ... but a new job will almost certainly require me to move out and either get a car or become a public transportation genius.

So I'm trying to motivate myself in spite of fear. God has always provided. :)

Going home for Thanksgiving?
[/quote]

I did go home for Thanksgiving. As of tomorrow morning I will have a car in my name (my car will be MY car), and my girlfriend will be in town!

A new job sounds exciting, will it be the same sort of work, or something new? And as for the car thing I remember vaguely that you'd mentioned thinking about getting into youth ministry. Is that still on the table?

Sorry for the long response time, I've been unsuccessfully attempting to finish some papers. Although I did finish Fr. Michael Scanlan's "Let The Fire Fall", so I guess I accomplished something.