An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

Woot for babies!  (Also I learned I want to eat your cooking...I had leftovers.)

Definite woot.  It was supposed to be a girl, but the sonogram tech had it wrong, it was a boy.  So they came up with the name the next day.  Aidan David. :)

The salmon's actually one of the easiest things I've learned how to make.  get 6 oz. salmon fillet's, and marinate.  The marinade: equal parts brown sugar, soy sauce, and honey, 2 parts olive oil (I did a tablespoon), and garlic (1 clove= about 1/2 tablespoon minced) mixed thoroughly. put salmon and marinade (about 1 tablespoon per 6 oz's) in ziplock, and put in fridge 30min-1hr. Put in dish lined with aluminum foil, and broil 6-10 minute (I'd go towards 10, I don't think I did a great job with the fish).  

Rice:  I used brown rice, cook according to instructions.  cut up broccoli (I eyeballed this, just as much as you'll want), and put in the rice for the last 3 minutes it's on the stove.  

Voila! Really simple, super tasty.  And you can fool people into thinking its a fancy meal!  :like3:  

Ampax, you are evil.  :evil:   Now I am hungry.  :(   But I am going to remember that recipe!  :)

Edited by AnneLine

Ampax, you are evil. :evil: Now I am hungry. :( But I am going to remember that recipe! :)

Well pretend you're on the East Coast, it's almost 7 here :P

Yeah... except I am the salmon-lover in the AnneLine house, and my husband has just stocked our house with every possible flavor and type of meat... so will be a while before I can go snare some salmon.   

Sigh.  

But now I got the recipe.....  :eat:

Ah understood.  I would guess you know how to cook salmon? I'm not sure if the actual method (broiling for 6-10 minutes) was actually the best way to cook it.  the fish turned out ok (tasted great because of the marinade) but I think it could've/should've been better. 

Oh, forgot to mention, reserve whatever marinade isn't put in when the fish is marinated.  Spoon it over the fish right before serving.  and use it as a sauce.  It's seriously so good.  

A few thoughts on that (if I can keep from electrocuting myself by drooling into the keyboard....) 

I generally panfry (which means surface grilling it in next to no oil, by the way... just enough to keep from sticking.....  Sometimes that is less dry than the grilling method by itself. 

And if you take fish off the heat just BEFORE it is cooked all the way through, it will finish cooking without drying out.

Not sure about reserving the marinade for using that way UNLESS you heat it up to the boiling point (and you certainly could do that).  If there happened to be any bacteria on the fish, could transfer to the marinade.  You don't want to feel... fishy afterwards.  Same comment ALWAYS with poultry, and also with beef.  Just not a good idea to re-use a marinade...

Now I gonna go cook a chicken!  With lots of Rosemary!

A few thoughts on that (if I can keep from electrocuting myself by drooling into the keyboard....) 

I generally panfry (which means surface grilling it in next to no oil, by the way... just enough to keep from sticking.....  Sometimes that is less dry than the grilling method by itself. 

And if you take fish off the heat just BEFORE it is cooked all the way through, it will finish cooking without drying out.

Not sure about reserving the marinade for using that way UNLESS you heat it up to the boiling point (and you certainly could do that).  If there happened to be any bacteria on the fish, could transfer to the marinade.  You don't want to feel... fishy afterwards.  Same comment ALWAYS with poultry, and also with beef.  Just not a good idea to re-use a marinade...

Now I gonna go cook a chicken!  With lots of Rosemary!

Sorry wasn't clear.  Discard the marinade that was in with the fish.  if you make it using 1 tablespoon as the proportion, you'll have a lot more than you'll use to marinate.  Keep that extra for after it's cooked.  :like:

THAT will work,... and sounds DELICIOUS. 

Fortunately I have eaten, so you do not need to worry about me breaking into your home hunting for fish.  ;)

THAT will work,... and sounds DELICIOUS.

Fortunately I have eaten, so you do not need to worry about me breaking into your home hunting for fish. ;)

Haha good thing you didn't, all the salmon is gone.

So hungry now haha.

Sorry! Haha, I'm trying not to read my posts, I'll remember how good it was and get hungry.  

I get to see my girlfriend finally! She'll be here visiting for the weekend. Haven't seen her since the beginning of May, so needless to say I'm a little bit (read @#%*!) excited. So stinking excited. Picking her up Friday night, then she'll be here through Sunday.

Hurray for Aidan David then lol.  I hope my friends T. and K.'s sonograms are right, otherwise it could be a true problem replacing all the boy stuff with girl stuff....

Hope you and your girlfriend have a great time meeting up!! :)

Glad you had a good time!

And... I thought of you as I walked by the salmon when I was shopping.   And drooling....