An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

Hurray for the end of exams and becoming a senior! :)

And the grad courses, maybe?  I think I said it once in your thread before, but the first semester of grad school, I think people usually take to adapt to the load and it seems worse than it does later.  You can do it!

Yeah, I'll be taking one grad course next semester, I'm hoping I can ease into the whole grad school thing by taking a few classes next year to test the water.  I'll probably go somewhere besides Franciscan for my masters. 

LittleWaySoul

RANDOM INTERJECTION.

I THINK I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHO YOU ARE. Were you an RA for Trinity this past year?

RANDOM INTERJECTION.

I THINK I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHO YOU ARE. Were you an RA for Trinity this past year?

I possibly was.  

LittleWaySoul

I possibly was.  

This is hilarious. If you *were* an RA in Trinity, then we saw each other a lot more than I thought we did. I was in Trinity ALL THE TIME this past semester.

This is hilarious. If you *were* an RA in Trinity, then we saw each other a lot more than I thought we did. I was in Trinity ALL THE TIME this past semester.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I know who you are too.  

LittleWaySoul

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I know who you are too.  

Have you known for a while, or did "I was in Trinity ALL THE TIME" tip you off? :hehe:

Edited by LittleWaySoul

Have you known for a while, or did "I was in Trinity ALL THE TIME" tip you off? :hehe:

fairly certain, but that just about sealed the deal.  

Yeah, I'll be taking one grad course next semester, I'm hoping I can ease into the whole grad school thing by taking a few classes next year to test the water.  I'll probably go somewhere besides Franciscan for my masters. 

Glad to see things are looking up! 

Where do you think you'll go for your masters? 

LittleWaySoul

fairly certain, but that just about sealed the deal.  

Well I'm glad we're aware of each other's existence in real life now. You were a pretty cool RA, btw.

Any plans on where?

And that's awesome that the two of you figured out you knew one another LOL.

Glad to see things are looking up! 

Where do you think you'll go for your masters? 

Any plans on where?

And that's amesome that the two of you figured out you knew one another LOL.

Not sure yet.  I've started exploring option, but haven't been able to do any serious searching.  I've looked at Catholic U, Notre Dame, Fordham, Providence... and some others.  But I haven't really put a ton of serious effort into it.  

August 7th can't come soon enough. It took going away to college to figure out how dysfunctional my family is, and it's only gotten worse since I left. Prayers appreciated Pham.

• 2 weeks later...

Stuck in a rather unfortunate routine at the moment. Wake up, work until I'm too exhausted to work anymore. Then come home, eat dinner, waste time, and repeat.

On the bright side it's a routine. I do like that, I hate not knowing what's going on.

What's with all the drama on phatmass the last few days? We need a good troll to liven things up again and help us all bond. Where's IGN when you need him?

In an attempt to lessen the whining in this thread, allow me to introduce my next project (hopefully): the panjolele! http://blog.makezine.com/projects/make-33/panjolele/

It's a banjo ukulele style homemade instrument made from aluminum cake pans, and it looks really easy to make. I've been interested in making my own instruments ever since I first saw a video of Dennis Havlena's (look him up on YouTube) homemade instrument collection and since I learned what a cigar box guitar was (again, YouTube). However I've never gotten around to making any of it. I really think it will happen this summer though. At least I hope it will.

In other news, I play ukulele, but not well. Hopefully, I'll someday feel like I'm good enough to post a video for y'all.