An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

My 1000th post!   :winner:  :woot:  :cloud9:  :dancer1:  :paco:     :proud:     :paco2:  :cool:  :yahoo:  :crusader:  :like3:  :saint:   :dance:  :joecool:     :muffin:    :scholar:  :spidey:

Stuck in a rather unfortunate routine at the moment. Wake up, work until I'm too exhausted to work anymore. Then come home, eat dinner, waste time, and repeat.

On the bright side it's a routine. I do like that, I hate not knowing what's going on.

I approve of routine as well.  I'm very reactionary and despise change with my entire soul.

Ack, sorry for not replying to the not really looking thing!  And I hear you about home (and will pray); I learned something at the start of my doc program.  My father and I get along MUCH better with 150 miles between us.  

Ack, sorry for not replying to the not really looking thing!  And I hear you about home (and will pray); I learned something at the start of my doc program.  My father and I get along MUCH better with 150 miles between us.  

Haha, I hear you.  Although it's not so much getting along with everyone, this is just a crazy summer; the majority of the time I'm not getting home and eating dinner until after 8; and I'm starting work at 8.  So, long days.  

Honestly though, it's not terrible most of the time, just draining.  

The option of being a hermit/monk keeps sounding more and more appealing. Alas, that's not how vocational discernment works.

A silent retreat would be nice though.

This thread needs a new title: Amppax's whine tasting. :|

In other news, I'm about to head to Washington DC for the 4th! I've never been in DC for it before, even though my Dad lives there. Should be fun.

Long days stink :(   Hope you enjoy DC!  If you get a chance to do something aside from fireworks, I'd recommend the Newseum.  They have an intact piece of the Berlin Wall, the pen that dissolved the Soviet Union, and an awesome 4D experience that takes you through major events in American journalistic history.

Long days stink :( Hope you enjoy DC! If you get a chance to do something aside from fireworks, I'd recommend the Newseum. They have an intact piece of the Berlin Wall, the pen that dissolved the Soviet Union, and an amesome 4D experience that takes you through major events in American journalistic history.

I've been. Along with the spy museum it's one of my favorites.

How's being Jr. Boss Man going?

Oh I need to go see the spy museum sometime!

And okay I suppose.  Nothing too major has popped up. :)  (Going to go knock on wood now...)

Oh I need to go see the spy museum sometime!

And okay I suppose. Nothing too major has popped up. :) (Going to go knock on wood now...)

Haha I'm sure you'll do great when something finally happens. It's been pretty quiet here besides llama drama for quite some time now.

Movies are so vulgar (to use my Dear Mother's favorite word). Especially those which my Father enjoys. I ought to take a solemn vow to only watch documentaries.

In other news, visiting the Pater Familias in DC. This will actually be the first time I'm here for the 4th of July. Should be fun.

My Dad, brother, and I went to a Nationals game with my uncle for the 4th.  Nat's won, 8-5, and it was an exciting game to watch.  We also watched the Lone Ranger, which was better than I expected.  After that we went back to my Dad's apartment, made picadillo (Cuban food FTW), and relaxed for the evening.  We thought we would be able to see the fireworks from the balcony of my Dad's apartment, unfortunately that didn't work out.  

I'm reading The Intellectual Life by A.G. Sertillanges.  It's very good, even if the translation is hard to read at parts.  I'm only about 1.25 chapters in.  hopefully I'll finish it in the next two weeks, that's my best chance to read it.  

Trying to read Lumen Fidei too.  We'll see if that gets finished anytime soon.  

Rough day at my Dad's office.  He slept about 2 hours last night, and it really negatively affected him today.  He was so stressed, more so than usual.  He was frustrated with his staff, although there was partial fault on both sides. It just wasn't good.  

Upside is I was able to read some of Lumen Fidei and more of The Intellectual Life.  

Also, I rocked dinner tonight.  Salmon (in the oven, not grilled) with homemade marinade, and rice and broccoli.  I'm really starting to enjoy cooking.