An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amppax's Musings And Ruminations

Amppax

• 2 weeks later...

Good.  Had a skype sorta date cancelled because she has too much homework, but rescheduled for Tuesday. :)

How'd it go? I have not been on here nearly enough recently, this is the first that I've seen this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry just saw the post from the 17th!  It went pretty well, have another this weekend.  I'm going down to visit her in April!!  How goes things in Steubie?

Good to hear!

Things in Steubenville are good, We're about to go on Spring Break, and so we have midterms all this week and next.  The RA job is busy, and I'm really busy with my household right now.  I've got a phone interview for a summer job (Teaching Totus Tuus in Lexington) on Friday at 1, prayers would be appreciated.  Other than that, things are good, they've been improving over the course of the semester, which is a nice reversal of the usual trend. 

You've got the prayers for the job (though don't try to say the name five times fast...I admit to trying).  And glad the semester trend is the reverse of normal, and that you're not being driven nuts by being an RA!  And midterms...yuck. x.x

Haha as far as Midterms go, this is a pretty tame go around.  I have no idea what to expect with this phone interview.  I have no idea how to prepare for it.   Pray I guess. 

My girlfriend got hired as an RA as well! Which is really good for her and her family, her sister is coming next year, and because of this job her parents are going to be able to send her sister here. 

Sweet!  Both on the exams and on the girlfriend getting an RA position (and therefore her parents being able to send her sister there as well).  It's always good when things are going alright :)

That it is.  Praise God is all I've got to say.  Although it's been really stressful on her, she had to choose it over something else really good, and the whole situation was very upsetting for her.  I'm just praying it works out well. 

Well, I'm up until 2 AM, so I might as well post a bit.  Totus Tuus interview went ok, but I'm afraid I won't get the job.  And it's getting late to apply for internships.  I probably didn't look at enough different things.  Well, learning experience is all I can say, I might be able to find something. 

It's sometimes almost depressing to think I'll be about to graduate at this time next year.  I don't feel like I've learned nearly enough, and I'm so afraid I'm not prepared for Grad school.  And quite honestly, I'm not sure of what I want to do or where I want to go.  The plan has changed twice since I've been here.  At least I haven't changed my major.  That would really make this a nightmare. 

May I offer some unsolicited advice?  I don't think anyone's actually "ready" for grad school.  It's just a gradation of how well one adjusts.

May I offer some unsolicited advice?  I don't think anyone's actually "ready" for grad school.  It's just a gradation of how well one adjusts.

That's actually really encouraging.  Hopefully if I'm accepted into the accelerated masters program, I'll be able to ease that adjustment somewhat.  We shall see.  I've got all kinds of crazy plans for next year.  probably not the most practical ones. 

Just met with an older friend tonight who is in the PhD program at Catholic U and we talked about this stuff over dinner.  At least I can converse intelligently about theology, even if I feel I know nothing.  I also might have found a summer job option: intern at St. Paul Center here in Steubenville.  That would be amazingly providential if that worked out. 

Wow, Amp. It's awesome to see how things are going. I am praying for you.

If you could through a few my way, that would be amesome too. I'm in the realatively "advanced" stages of the seminary application. So far, so good. 

"Oremus ad invincem" as they say.