An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trisha's Multifarious Musings

xTrishaxLynnx

xTrishaxLynnx

Wow! Just got ANOTHER call about a job... AND the people I just interviewed with already got back to me... they want me to come in today for a 2nd interview! :smile4:

xTrishaxLynnx

Got the job!  :winner:

Only surprise was that they didn't hire me for the work at home position; they asked me to work from the office which is about 20-25 minutes from my house and I agreed to. They're starting me at $0.50 more an hour just for that, plus once I start training on different accounts I earn points for each training class I complete and there are points thresholds we can reach to earn even more pay raises. :)

:idea2:  

:nerd: LEARN ALL THE THINGS!!! :nerd:

:greedy:   :greedy:   :greedy:

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

xTrishaxLynnx

Thanks!

Speaking of dinner... my friend, who works for the company I just got rehired with, made me dinner tonight and we chatted about work like we used to and had a little mini celebration and just hung out. It was fun. :)

While I feel horrible about leaving the other company for some reason, a huge weight has lifted off my shoulders and I am sure that all along my getting sick was a blessing in disguise. And maybe the strange feelings are just from the craziness of the last few days and the changes brought on... and it all happening so quickly... I just feel dizzy from all of it. :stars:

Anyway...

Thanks for the prayers, support, words of encouragement, and celebrating with me!

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

• 1 month later...
xTrishaxLynnx

So many changes since last I posted...

• New job is going well; got a small raise already.
  • Realized that I'd lost over 30 pounds since August. (as of last month; it's probably more now, but I don't keep a scale in the house.)
  • Transitioned to a vegetarian (and mostly vegan) diet a couple of weeks ago, which is going great. I no longer feel any sort of guilt for eating, and I haven't felt sick since I started (which was normally an every meal occurrence) except the once when I ate something with several different possible culprits in it without even thinking.

Hmm... well, that last one seems a lot bigger than it looks "on paper."

• Been working on de-cluttering, cleaning, and rearranging pretty much the entire house for several weeks now. It's coming along okay, though we're at the "make a huge mess before you actually get to the cleaning" part, which is a bit overwhelming. Some of the stuff in our storage room hasn't been touched since we moved in... in 1994. Trying to convince my dad to help me get it out for good... to make room for more stuff that will probably sit there for years. :P

[AnneLine, I'm more or less using the 15 minutes at a time FlyLady thing.. though sometimes if I'm on a roll it goes a bit longer. It's cool because after every short burst of cleaning I take a look at how much I actually got done and it surprises me every time. Little wins along the way make the end seem a bit less distant.]

Wow, that is remarkable, Tricia!  Glad you are finding FlyLady so helpful.   She can seem a bit overwealming at first, but WHEN I do her stuff, it works.  

It's when I sit and whine that I don't have time, then I get nothing done.  

So, I'm thinking about giving up whine.... maybe for Lent this year....

OR... maybe challenging myself (and anyone else who's interested) to doing the FlyLady's 30 day challenge.... worked so well for Lent the year I did it... just amazing.....

xTrishaxLynnx

That's something I will have to look into, because I have to do something other than the usual abstaining from meat and sweets or whatever, since I no longer eat them anyway...

OK... I'm thinking about starting a random thread anyway... maybe this could be part of it.  If there is interest.   Hmmm...