An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhuturePriest

The irony of course is that you are the one with the stereotype.

I know I may rock your world here, so hang on: despite your assumptions to the contrary .. not all tattoos haters base their hatred on aversion to their notions of what type of lifestyle a tattoo implies. SOME tattoo haters just find them unappealing on an aesthetic level.

Like my sister. She thinks tattoos are gross. Sorry. She never wanted to marry (and didn't marry) somebody with tattoos. Sorry. When you dudes out there decided to get a tattoo, you took yourself out of the running for her. That is one of her "turn-offs." She don't like how they look. Boo hoo for you.

Its just amusing to me that people here will say "well I'M NOT like that" despite the fact that everyone here OF COURSE chooses who they date and marry based in part on what they find aesthetically pleasing. I won't date bald I won't date short whatever. Maybe you won't admit it out loud but you know it perfectly well. So the holier-than-thou attitude is just really funny to me.

As for me, I have dated people with tattoos, but they are a serious negative to be overcome. It is a big turn off to me when people permanently alter their bodies just because they "like how it looks." That goes for nose jobs, face lifts, permanent makeup, tattoos etc. Vanity is not attractive to me. Sorry I'm not sorry.

:notworthy:

This post was refreshing. I know I certainly have things that take girls out of the running for me. I won't date a girl with short hair (Sorry, I just simply do not like short hair. If it doesn't go past the shoulders, you are out of luck). People will call me terribly vain for this, but I bet if you asked them they would have something similar to this.

KnightofChrist

The only limits I have had or would have if I dated again would be that she has a good soul, and doesn't smell. Everything else, that I can think of, is something I can ignore or get over. Tattooed chicks have culture and a sense of art. Fat girls typically know how to cook really good food. Skinny girls are good for your budget when you take'em out to eat, and easier to carry not being fat and all. Strong girls can carry you around if you get too lazy to walk, and beat up people you don't like. Tall chicks are good for piggy back rides and getting the stuff on the top shelf. Short chicks are good for making yourself seem big, and fighting away evil gnomes. Ugly chicks will love you like there's no tomorrow, and make sammiches for you without any back talk. Pretty girls can be really annoying and snobby but there still pretty so...

:|

Edited by KnightofChrist

There is always a lot of debate on this issue (as seen by the multitude of pages prior)...

Personally, if she gets a mustache tattooed on her finger because it is the "cool" thing to do, her personality would have to overcome a considerable disadvantage in order for me to offer to buy her a drink and continue the conversation.

Now, if I get to know someone well after a couple of months and she ends up sharing that she has an easily concealed image of the Sacred Heart or her favorite verse on her side (something that means the WORLD to her)... that might accelerate the thought of popping an important question. It all comes down to the intention/purpose the tattoo would serve. Myself? I have dreamed about getting a tattoo someday, but have yet to determine what religious symbol (or design a friend could make) that could possibly come close to showing on the outside who I am within.

To Jesus Through Mary

:notworthy:

This post was refreshing. I know I certainly have things that take girls out of the running for me. I won't date a girl with short hair (Sorry, I just simply do not like short hair. If it doesn't go past the shoulders, you are out of luck safe). People will call me terribly vain for this, but I bet if you asked them they would have something similar to this.

Fxd.

The only limits I have had or would have if I dated again would be that she has a good soul, and doesn't smell. Everything else, that I can think of, is something I can ignore or get over. Tattooed chicks have culture and a sense of art. Fat girls typically know how to cook really good food. Skinny girls are good for your budget when you take'em out to eat, and easier to carry not being fat and all. Strong girls can carry you around if you get too lazy to walk, and beat up people you don't like. Tall chicks are good for piggy back rides and getting the stuff on the top shelf. Short chicks are good for making yourself seem big, and fighting away evil gnomes. Ugly chicks will love you like there's no tomorrow, and make sammiches for you without any back talk. Pretty girls can be really annoying and snobby but there still pretty so...

:|

You need a Gibbs slap for that one.

theculturewarrior

I really like women with tattoos.  The more the better.  That said, marriage is a really serious committment.  Maybe just dinner and a movie and then see what happens.

Which reminds me, I'm already married, so a tattooed woman and I could only be very close friends.

GeorgiiMichael

Relevant to this thread:

Man Wants Romney Face Tattoo Removed

Line right up ladies I think he's single! Don't be superficial now. ;)

Not wanting to be with that guy because of his tattoo wouldn't be superficial. His choice in location and subject material, and the combination of both indicate signs of poor judgement and vainglorious tendencies. Not to mention his eagerness to remove the tattoo indicates an unwillingness to take responsibility for his actions.

Tattoos aren't for everyone. People with tattoos also aren't for everyone.

I would still marry the woman, but for me tattoos on women are gross. They are about as much of a turn-off for me as a woman smoking. I mean no offense, I just find these two things obscenely repulsive.

I both have a very large tattoo on my right forearm and I smoke a pack a day.

Good thing you're jailbait.

PhuturePriest

I both have a very large tattoo on my right forearm and I smoke a pack a day.

Good thing you're jailbait.

Jail bait? Hardly. All I will have to do is sing a Broadway tune and the prisoners will be very nice to me. They appreciate those types of things, right?

GeorgiiMichael

Jail bait? Hardly. All I will have to do is sing a Broadway tune and the prisoners will be very nice to me. They appreciate those types of things, right?

Jailbait means that you're a minor and an adult would go to jail for attempting a romantic relationship with you.

PhuturePriest

Jailbait means that you're a minor and an adult would go to jail for attempting a romantic relationship with you.

I would plead for them to be released. It would probably be my fault. One note of my singing and any girl would fall madly in love with me.

I don't know why this thread is on page 17, but I'll give my answer anyway...

I would prefer a woman who didn't have tattoos, but if it were really love then I suppose it wouldn't matter. I could see myself marrying the type of person who might get a concealable or less noticable one. However, again I do strongly prefer a woman with no tattoos.

For the life of me I honestly can't understand why people want them.. They do sound nice in theory, but every tattoo I've ever seen has always looked just a bit cheap to me. It's not because of the quality of the tattoo. It's just the way the ink sets on the skin.. I think it looks cheesy. Even with more significant images/messages of deeper meaning, it almost seems to cheapen the subject matter for the fact that it has been imprinted on someone's skin. It's kind of like putting a holy card on a piece of toast, or something like that.

I think when we attach art to ourselves, we take away from it because we're trying to make the work point back to us. I think real art draws our minds away from ourselves, rather than attempting to point others to us.