An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, hippies are allowed to live.

I will I say I would never marry a hippie.

Unless this is ANOTHER purity test, wherein those who dislike hippies and refuse to marry them will prove themselves superficial, while those who like hippies and agree to marry them are proven deep and authentic for some reason.

Edited by Lilllabettt

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1346118193' post='2475134']
[/quote]
I used to think you were razzle dazzle. Another shattered illusion :pinch:

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1346118193' post='2475134']

I will I say I would never marry a hippie.

Unless this is ANOTHER purity test, wherein those who dislike hippies and refuse to marry them will prove themselves superficial, while those who like hippies and agree to marry them are proven deep and authentic for some reason.
[/quote]I think the proof of superficiality is borne out by disliking an imagined sterotype without knowing who they really are as people. Things may be more difined when you color the world in black and white, but you also paint out depth and perspective.

The irony of course is that you are the one with the stereotype.

I know I may rock your world here, so hang on: despite your assumptions to the contrary .. not all tattoos haters base their hatred on aversion to their notions of what type of lifestyle a tattoo implies. SOME tattoo haters just find them unappealing on an aesthetic level.

Like my sister. She thinks tattoos are gross. Sorry. She never wanted to marry (and didn't marry) somebody with tattoos. Sorry. When you dudes out there decided to get a tattoo, you took yourself out of the running for her. That is one of her "turn-offs." She don't like how they look. Boo hoo for you.

Its just amusing to me that people here will say "well I'M NOT like that" despite the fact that everyone here OF COURSE chooses who they date and marry based in part on what they find aesthetically pleasing. I won't date bald I won't date short whatever. Maybe you won't admit it out loud but you know it perfectly well. So the holier-than-thou attitude is just really funny to me.

As for me, I have dated people with tattoos, but they are a serious negative to be overcome. It is a big turn off to me when people permanently alter their bodies just because they "like how it looks." That goes for nose jobs, face lifts, permanent makeup, tattoos etc. Vanity is not attractive to me. Sorry I'm not sorry.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345877996' post='2474012']
So the first thing you think when you see a tattoo is " that person is inconceivably ugly because of his/her tattoo. They would make a terrible parent. And even worse grandparent. "
How lovely and charitable
[/quote]

Actually I never said that at all.
God bless you.

ed

First off, I would like to ask the administrators to remove the two remaining pictures I posted here in this thread with the old women with tattoos. Upon reflection I posted them in an attempt to show tattoos are ugly on old people, which is my opinion as well as on young people. That said I look back at the post and see two women I do not know that I abused their image with my opinion, and coming to the conclusion that these women most likely have a more beautiful soul than I did at the time I posted their image. For this reason I would appreciate it if the ADMINS would remove these pictures, I should have thought of the possible insult if these women or their family might see this petty use of their image. I am sorry for belittling these women, if I were to see them on teh street I would not dare to call them ugly even if they asked me my opinion on their ink. Yet here in this board I was so uncompassionate as to use their image in a base and ugly way that is far below the purpose of this catholic forum, and for that I wish to sincerely apologize to all who have seen this.

Secondly, my view of tattoos and aging goes like this, God created us in His image, that is with a soul and our body being the tabernacle for His image, I guess its up to each person to treat this tabernacle as they see fit, personally I think old people are beautiful in many ways although man made images upon skin IMO does not hold up to the passage of time, where I can see the beauty of an old person weathered by age the old person with an image tattooed upon them draws my eye away from perceiving their beauty and towards the spoiled art as time changes things. I guess thats why even among the young there are those that resort to lasers to remove their tats.

Finally, my reference to a woman with a tattoo upon their cleavage and being immorally exposed, I do not understand the remarks made about going to a doctor or being in a changing room with another woman, how would this be the occasion of scandal? Women as well as men are supposed to be modest, that we know as catholic faithful, yet one is not immodest when undressed before a doctor or in a changing room, again IMO, a woman who partially undresses for a stranger to get a tattoo is engaging in a immodest act. I obviously come from a different generation with different values, chastity before marriage and modesty being the two that a cleavage tattoo would violate.

ed

i don't like tattoos - RAEG

how dare you not like tattoos - RAEG

or

i like tattoos - RAEG

how dare you like tattoos - RAEG

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1346206827' post='2475526']
i don't like tattoos - RAEG

how dare you not like tattoos - RAEG

or

i like tattoos - RAEG

how dare you like tattoos - RAEG
[/quote]

What does RAEG mean?

ed

My world's still spinning. It hasn't rocked at all. It's not a stereotype, you've repeatedly shown exactly who you are. There may be a few short bald men who may be disappointed they didn't get much interest from you, but it was probably for the best (for them). I am sad for you that you just don't have a clue about long term attraction and love. Sadly it seems you haven't and probably won't understand the outside is but a fleeting glimmer of the inside.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1346206997' post='2475529']
What does RAEG mean?

ed
[/quote]
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=raeg

Thanks Winchy, I do not see how the Acronym for Recent Advances in Exploration Geophysics really apllies here though ....

ed

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1346207023' post='2475530']
My world's still spinning. It hasn't rocked at all. It's not a stereotype, you've repeatedly shown exactly who you are. There may be a few short bald men who may be disappointed they didn't get much interest from you, but it was probably for the best (for them). I am sad for you that you just don't have a clue about long term attraction and love. Sadly it seems you haven't and probably won't understand the outside is but a fleeting glimmer of the inside.
[/quote]

Oh Rhett... if you go, where shall I go, what shall I do?
:Runsawaycrying:

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1346207346' post='2475533']
Thanks Winchy, I do not see how the Acronym for Recent Advances in Exploration Geophysics really apllies here though ....

ed
[/quote]
That's because you're very old.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1346207402' post='2475535']
Oh Rhett... if you go, where shall I go, what shall I do?
:Runsawaycrying:
[/quote]
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a floopy.