An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whats with the drama, llamas.

Yes the outside is a mere fleeting glimmer, true beauty is on the inside, etc, etc, it's nice to share, genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration, all good lessons. The fact remains that as an adult with a fully integrated sexuality, if I am not physically attracted to someone I am not going to sign up to have sex with them until death do us part. I hate to be blunt, but yah, no sex with someone who doesn't do it for me. That's my little rule. And any priest or marriage therapist would agree that is a veeeeery good rule to have.

This is all academic because in fact I am married to someone who, to me, is quite good looking, and who is rather nice as well. Let the record show he has no tats. However he is only 5'9" on a good day so I guess that qualifies as short. However LET THE RECORD ALSO SHOW he is not bald he has a thick luscious mane like Mr. Ed. When he comes home from work I don't say "Eh... welcome home, sir" I say "good evening HOT DADDY take off your tie and tell mama how your day went."

Sorry TMI.

Edit: I misspelled llamas. SHAME

Edited by Maggie

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1346208673' post='2475557']
Whats with the drama, llamas.

Yes the outside is a mere fleeting glimmer, true beauty is on the inside, etc, etc, it's nice to share, genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration, all good lessons. The fact remains that as an adult with a fully integrated sexuality, if I am not physically attracted to someone I am not going to sign up to have sex with them until death do us part. I hate to be blunt, but yah, no sex with someone who doesn't do it for me. That's my little rule. And any priest or marriage therapist would agree that is a veeeeery good rule to have.

This is all academic because in fact I am married to someone who, to me, is quite good looking, and who is rather nice as well. Let the record show he has no tats. However he is only 5'9" on a good day so I guess that qualifies as short. However LET THE RECORD ALSO SHOW he is not bald he has a thick luscious mane like Mr. Ed. When he comes home from work I don't say "Eh... welcome home, sir" I say "good evening HOT DADDY take off your tie and tell mama how your day went."

Sorry TMI.

Edit: I misspelled llamas. SHAME
[/quote]

God bless your marriage, and I hope you can replace llamas with lamaze.

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1346205540' post='2475517']God created us in His image, that is with a soul and our body being the tabernacle for His image
ed
[/quote]

[img]http://www.generatememes.com/media/created/ld1dkp.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1346216540' post='2475629']
[img]http://www.generatememes.com/media/created/ld1dkp.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

He does have the Jesus hair and beard ! Its been common since the renaissance to see Jesus depicted as having long hair, although St. Paul said, [i]Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him? [/i](1 Cor 11:14).

[b]Isaiah 53:2[/b] He grew up like a sapling before him, like a shoot from parched earth; There was in him no stately bearing to make us look at him, nor appearance that would attract us to him. [b]3[/b]. He was spurned and avoided by men, a man of suffering accustomed to infirmity, One of those from whom men hide their faces, spurned and we held him in no esteem [b]4.[/b] Yet it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings he endured, While we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted.

ed

I haven't been following the convirsation, but yesterday I went shopping and every guy I saw who was working in the stores I went to had full out tatoos! Some of them were kinda emo but otherwise it just looked like art to me. but yeah...just a thought. Now if the tatoos don't match the person, they're kinda tacky but otherwise, I think they're kinda razzle dazzle. (But, I personally, would never in a million years get one.)

Edited by Annie12

• 3 months later...
GeorgiiMichael

I was just thinking about how cool an IHS cuff tattoo would be around one of my wrists today so I decided to dig up this thread and post my idea.

How are y'all doing?

My fiancé has a gigantic outline of Optimus Prime on his calf. Personally, tats don't but me, but I am glad he doesn't have anything that's visible with business casual attire.

I have an ankle tattoo and a lower back tattoo. I have nothing against really visible tattoos, but for my own personal preferences with my spouse, I'm glad we both have easily concealable tats. :)

i<3franciscans

I voted yes, whether concealed or not.

I've always wanted a tattoo. I've had what I want planned for ages. I might still get it - be tattooed nun. :hehe2:

DO it! :)

I generally find tattoos attractive, like the ones on Colin Kaepernick. Ironically, my significant other has no tattoos and is unlikely to ever get any. He is also overweight. I'm a little bit of a health guru; his being overweight puts him at a higher risk for diabetes, hypertension, cancer, and dozens of other health problems; but I'm attracted to him anyway. Much like tattoos, BMI is superficial. I'm glad that I can look past a person's physical appearance. Also ironically, my significant other said that he would have never asked me out or given me a chance if I was overweight. I do give him a hard time for his ridiculous double standard.

If you ever meet or plan on marrying a Coptic Christian, chances are you will see the Coptic Cross tattooed on their wrist. Still done in Egypt to this day.

coptic-cross-tattoo-designs-tattoos--i-e

theculturewarrior

I really like women with tattoos.  The more the better.  That said, marriage is a really serious committment.  Maybe just dinner and a movie and then see what happens.