Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?


  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Whats with the drama, llamas.

Yes the outside is a mere fleeting glimmer, true beauty is on the inside, etc, etc, it's nice to share, genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration, all good lessons. The fact remains that as an adult with a fully integrated sexuality, if I am not physically attracted to someone I am not going to sign up to have sex with them until death do us part. I hate to be blunt, but yah, no sex with someone who doesn't do it for me. That's my little rule. And any priest or marriage therapist would agree that is a veeeeery good rule to have.

This is all academic because in fact I am married to someone who, to me, is quite good looking, and who is rather nice as well. Let the record show he has no tats. However he is only 5'9" on a good day so I guess that qualifies as short. However LET THE RECORD ALSO SHOW he is not bald he has a thick luscious mane like Mr. Ed. When he comes home from work I don't say "Eh... welcome home, sir" I say "good evening HOT DADDY take off your tie and tell mama how your day went."

Sorry TMI.

Edit: I misspelled llamas. SHAME

Edited by Maggie
Posted

yeah, slight overshare

Posted

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1346208673' post='2475557']
Whats with the drama, llamas.

Yes the outside is a mere fleeting glimmer, true beauty is on the inside, etc, etc, it's nice to share, genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration, all good lessons. The fact remains that as an adult with a fully integrated sexuality, if I am not physically attracted to someone I am not going to sign up to have sex with them until death do us part. I hate to be blunt, but yah, no sex with someone who doesn't do it for me. That's my little rule. And any priest or marriage therapist would agree that is a veeeeery good rule to have.

This is all academic because in fact I am married to someone who, to me, is quite good looking, and who is rather nice as well. Let the record show he has no tats. However he is only 5'9" on a good day so I guess that qualifies as short. However LET THE RECORD ALSO SHOW he is not bald he has a thick luscious mane like Mr. Ed. When he comes home from work I don't say "Eh... welcome home, sir" I say "good evening HOT DADDY take off your tie and tell mama how your day went."

Sorry TMI.

Edit: I misspelled llamas. SHAME
[/quote]

God bless your marriage, and I hope you can replace llamas with lamaze.

ed

Posted

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1346205540' post='2475517']God created us in His image, that is with a soul and our body being the tabernacle for His image
ed
[/quote]

[img]http://www.generatememes.com/media/created/ld1dkp.jpg[/img]

Posted

My 80 something great grandma has a tattoo. She's pretty amesome.

Posted

I might be getting a tattoo soon. We'll see.

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1346216540' post='2475629']
[img]http://www.generatememes.com/media/created/ld1dkp.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

He does have the Jesus hair and beard ! Its been common since the renaissance to see Jesus depicted as having long hair, although St. Paul said, [i]Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him? [/i](1 Cor 11:14).

[b]Isaiah 53:2[/b] He grew up like a sapling before him, like a shoot from parched earth; There was in him no stately bearing to make us look at him, nor appearance that would attract us to him. [b]3[/b]. He was spurned and avoided by men, a man of suffering accustomed to infirmity, One of those from whom men hide their faces, spurned and we held him in no esteem [b]4.[/b] Yet it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings he endured, While we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted.

ed

Posted (edited)

I haven't been following the convirsation, but yesterday I went shopping and every guy I saw who was working in the stores I went to had full out tatoos! Some of them were kinda emo but otherwise it just looked like art to me. but yeah...just a thought. Now if the tatoos don't match the person, they're kinda tacky but otherwise, I think they're kinda razzle dazzle. (But, I personally, would never in a million years get one.)

Edited by Annie12
  • 3 months later...
GeorgiiMichael
Posted

I was just thinking about how cool an IHS cuff tattoo would be around one of my wrists today so I decided to dig up this thread and post my idea.

 

How are y'all doing?

Posted

My fiancé has a gigantic outline of Optimus Prime on his calf. Personally, tats don't but me, but I am glad he doesn't have anything that's visible with business casual attire.

I have an ankle tattoo and a lower back tattoo. I have nothing against really visible tattoos, but for my own personal preferences with my spouse, I'm glad we both have easily concealable tats. :)

i<3franciscans
Posted

I voted yes, whether concealed or not.

I've always wanted a tattoo. I've had what I want planned for ages. I might still get it - be tattooed nun. :hehe2:

 

DO it! :)

Posted

I generally find tattoos attractive, like the ones on Colin Kaepernick. Ironically, my significant other has no tattoos and is unlikely to ever get any. He is also overweight. I'm a little bit of a health guru; his being overweight puts him at a higher risk for diabetes, hypertension, cancer, and dozens of other health problems; but I'm attracted to him anyway. Much like tattoos, BMI is superficial. I'm glad that I can look past a person's physical appearance. Also ironically, my significant other said that he would have never asked me out or given me a chance if I was overweight. I do give him a hard time for his ridiculous double standard.

Posted

BMI is superficial an inaccurate number that favors low muscle mass.

 

fxd

Posted

If you ever meet or plan on marrying a Coptic Christian, chances are you will see the Coptic Cross tattooed on their wrist. Still done in Egypt to this day.

 

coptic-cross-tattoo-designs-tattoos--i-e

theculturewarrior
Posted

I really like women with tattoos.  The more the better.  That said, marriage is a really serious committment.  Maybe just dinner and a movie and then see what happens.

PhuturePriest
Posted

The irony of course is that you are the one with the stereotype.

I know I may rock your world here, so hang on: despite your assumptions to the contrary .. not all tattoos haters base their hatred on aversion to their notions of what type of lifestyle a tattoo implies. SOME tattoo haters just find them unappealing on an aesthetic level.

Like my sister. She thinks tattoos are gross. Sorry. She never wanted to marry (and didn't marry) somebody with tattoos. Sorry. When you dudes out there decided to get a tattoo, you took yourself out of the running for her. That is one of her "turn-offs." She don't like how they look. Boo hoo for you.

Its just amusing to me that people here will say "well I'M NOT like that" despite the fact that everyone here OF COURSE chooses who they date and marry based in part on what they find aesthetically pleasing. I won't date bald I won't date short whatever. Maybe you won't admit it out loud but you know it perfectly well. So the holier-than-thou attitude is just really funny to me.

As for me, I have dated people with tattoos, but they are a serious negative to be overcome. It is a big turn off to me when people permanently alter their bodies just because they "like how it looks." That goes for nose jobs, face lifts, permanent makeup, tattoos etc. Vanity is not attractive to me. Sorry I'm not sorry.

 

:notworthy:

 

This post was refreshing. I know I certainly have things that take girls out of the running for me. I won't date a girl with short hair (Sorry, I just simply do not like short hair. If it doesn't go past the shoulders, you are out of luck). People will call me terribly vain for this, but I bet if you asked them they would have something similar to this.

KnightofChrist
Posted (edited)

The only limits I have had or would have if I dated again would be that she has a good soul, and doesn't smell. Everything else, that I can think of, is something I can ignore or get over. Tattooed chicks have culture and a sense of art. Fat girls typically know how to cook really good food. Skinny girls are good for your budget when you take'em out to eat, and easier to carry not being fat and all. Strong girls can carry you around if you get too lazy to walk, and beat up people you don't like. Tall chicks are good for piggy back rides and getting the stuff on the top shelf. Short chicks are good for making yourself seem big, and fighting away evil gnomes. Ugly chicks will love you like there's no tomorrow, and make sammiches for you without any back talk. Pretty girls can be really annoying and snobby but there still pretty so...

 

:|

Edited by KnightofChrist
Posted

There is always a lot of debate on this issue (as seen by the multitude of pages prior)...

 

Personally, if she gets a mustache tattooed on her finger because it is the "cool" thing to do, her personality would have to overcome a considerable disadvantage in order for me to offer to buy her a drink and continue the conversation.

 

Now, if I get to know someone well after a couple of months and she ends up sharing that she has an easily concealed image of the Sacred Heart or her favorite verse on her side (something that means the WORLD to her)... that might accelerate the thought of popping an important question. It all comes down to the intention/purpose the tattoo would serve. Myself? I have dreamed about getting a tattoo someday, but have yet to determine what religious symbol (or design a friend could make) that could possibly come close to showing on the outside who I am within.

To Jesus Through Mary
Posted

:notworthy:

 

This post was refreshing. I know I certainly have things that take girls out of the running for me. I won't date a girl with short hair (Sorry, I just simply do not like short hair. If it doesn't go past the shoulders, you are out of luck safe). People will call me terribly vain for this, but I bet if you asked them they would have something similar to this.

 

Fxd.

 

The only limits I have had or would have if I dated again would be that she has a good soul, and doesn't smell. Everything else, that I can think of, is something I can ignore or get over. Tattooed chicks have culture and a sense of art. Fat girls typically know how to cook really good food. Skinny girls are good for your budget when you take'em out to eat, and easier to carry not being fat and all. Strong girls can carry you around if you get too lazy to walk, and beat up people you don't like. Tall chicks are good for piggy back rides and getting the stuff on the top shelf. Short chicks are good for making yourself seem big, and fighting away evil gnomes. Ugly chicks will love you like there's no tomorrow, and make sammiches for you without any back talk. Pretty girls can be really annoying and snobby but there still pretty so...

 

:|

 

You need a Gibbs slap for that one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...