An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

I was trying to figure out if that was some weird archaeology term. Then I remembered that you aren't Archaeology Cat, and Archaeology Cat wouldn't have any reason to be doing physical therapy clinicals.

I have not been drinking today. Yet.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Some cuties with tattoos, and seasoning.

[img]http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/article-0-0D92A83C00000578-952_468x518.jpg[/img]

[img]http://alliandgenine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/old-lady-with-tats-kissing.jpg[/img]

Classy huh, just what you would want to call grandma.

ed

Edited by MissScripture
Mature content - inappropriate picture

missionseeker

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1345861665' post='2473864']

[img]http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/article-0-0D92A83C00000578-952_468x518.jpg[/img]

[img]http://alliandgenine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/old-lady-with-tats-kissing.jpg[/img]

Classy huh, just what you would want to call grandma.

ed
[/quote]

Can't be worse than a gramma who looks normal but tells you youre going to hell for not continuing a relationship with her criminal husband.

But hey. Let's judge by appearances. Not character or anything relevant like that.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345862392' post='2473872']
Can't be worse than a gramma who looks normal but tells you youre going to hell for not continuing a relationship with her criminal husband.

But hey. Let's judge by appearances. Not character or anything relevant like that.
[/quote]

I am sorry, were we talking about character or familial relationships? I thought the topic was whether one would marry another who was tattooed, implying if one was either attracted to or not attracted by the APPEARANCE of a tattooed person. Silly me.

ed

GeorgiiMichael

Just because I don't like those women's tattoos doesn't mean I should just write off all tattoos. Your logic is flawed.

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' timestamp='1345853503' post='2473767']
Winchester, too.
[/quote]

Hey, I said it first.

I think the best thing we can gleam from this thread is that there are actually people who think that if they loved someone enough to marry them, that finding out they had a tattoo would be enough to make them break up.

Especially what with those same people's take on modesty(at the beach, etc), I really hope that they marry some beautiful girl and then on the wedding night find out that under the wedding dress, their new bride has a expertly rendered tattoo of Gary Busey on their cleavage.

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1345868040' post='2473948']
Hey, I said it first.

I think the best thing we can gleam from this thread is that there are actually people who think that if they loved someone enough to marry them, that finding out they had a tattoo would be enough to make them break up.

Especially what with those same people's take on modesty(at the beach, etc), I really hope that they marry some beautiful girl and then on the wedding night find out that under the wedding dress, their new bride has a [b]expertly rendered tattoo of Gary Busey on their cleavage.[/b]
[/quote]

I would not wish this on my greatest enemy.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1345868040' post='2473948']
Hey, I said it first.

Especially what with those same people's take on modesty(at the beach, etc), I really hope that they marry some beautiful girl and then on the wedding night find out that under the wedding dress, their new bride has a expertly rendered tattoo of Gary Busey on their cleavage.
[/quote]

In my day if a man were to marry someone who had a tattoo they did not know about, meaning it was concealed as in your base analogy infers, that would be a cause for scandal. Think of it this way, a woman that you were to marry that had a tattoo on her cleavage was at least immodestly exposed at that time, something which you waited for you wedding night for. That would not say much for her honesty or morality. It would follow that the marriage was based upon a deceit, sounds like grounds for an annulment don't it ?

ed

franciscanheart

Ed: we get it. You hate tattoos. You think they are disgusting. You would not marry someone who had them.

FYI: your poll vote revealed that.

Thanks for your contributions; I'm glad to know I wasn't completely delusional in thinking that there are some who can't see past some ink.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1345868915' post='2473964']
In my day if a man were to marry someone who had a tattoo they did not know about, meaning it was concealed as in your base analogy infers, that would be a cause for scandal. Think of it this way, a woman that you were to marry that had a tattoo on her cleavage was at least immodestly exposed at that time, something which you waited for you wedding night for. That would not say much for her honesty or morality. It would follow that the marriage was based upon a deceit, sounds like grounds for an annulment don't it ?

ed
[/quote] Yes your attitude would probably be grounds for an annulment.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345752443' post='2472864']
While I'm not covered in them, I'm pretty familiar with tattoos. I'll tell ya: they do hurt. More often than not, it's not a "punch your mother" kind of pain, but it always hurts.
[/quote]
That doesn't sound that bad...it barely hurts at all when I punch my mother.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1345861665' post='2473864']

[/quote]
You're right, Ed, their tattoos are [i]definitely[/i] the thing that makes me not want to do them.

franciscanheart

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345871327' post='2473995']
That doesn't sound that bad...it barely hurts at all when I punch my mother.

You're right, Ed, their tattoos are [i]definitely[/i] the thing that makes me not want to do them.
[/quote]
:hehe:

missionseeker

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1345862610' post='2473873']

I am sorry, were we talking about character or familial relationships? I thought the topic was whether one would marry another who was tattooed, implying if one was either attracted to or not attracted by the APPEARANCE of a tattooed person. Silly me.

ed
[/quote]

So the first thing you think when you see a tattoo is " that person is inconceivably ugly because of his/her tattoo. They would make a terrible parent. And even worse grandparent. "
How lovely and charitable