An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I have tatts but i got them before i read the verse i mentioned in the old testament. I met a dude with a full body glove before i got the tatts i have and he said to me when we where having a chat to keep them in places that you can conceal easily, he said he can't and he regrets that. The only advice i can give if your dead set on getting one or some, except that which i already have said, is to keep them above your sleeve/elbow so you can where a shirt to cover it if need be same for the legs, above the knees so you can where short longs if need be. I had a priest say to me that some of the saints had jesus tatooed on there heart, i have been meaning to question him further just haven't had the chance yet, as to whether it was actual tatoo on the chest or spiritual tattoo on there heart. I will tell you what he says, he is a very good priest. But even if it turns out that some actual did have the name of jesus on there chest over where the heart is, again, concealable.

:edit: i'm having holy scripture flash backs and i remember reading a scripture in the holy bible where a certain figure is told by a prophet he needs to have the tatoo on his bicept upon his heart.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

anyone read Parker's Back by Flannery O'Connor? <3

(for those that haven't, it's on topic, he's a married man with tons of tats)

Edited by Slappo

How does this have only 10 pages, but the stupid sspx thread has 13?

[img]http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Danielle_Cushman.jpg[/img]

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1345844855' post='2473687']
am I the only one here one the phorum that really, really, really doesn't like tattoos? Hmm?
[/quote]

Yes. Yes, you are.

[size=1]Actually you aren't but I think this is one of those things that Catholics and Christians debate about but nothing much comes of it.[/size]

am I the only one here one the phorum that really, really, really doesn't like tattoos? Hmm?
[/quote]

If you look back several people expressed their dislike of tattoos.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345843884' post='2473682']
I would like you to prop me.
[/quote]
I got distracted. :|

[/quote]
Yes. Obviously the poll supports that claim, too.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345845393' post='2473692']
If you look back several people expressed their dislike of tattoos.
[/quote]
What she said.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345782596' post='2473338']
I highly recommend it, because then we can both be in the "Awe[color=#000000]s[/color]ome Bearded Phatmassers" club, and not only that, in the elite level of "Curled Moustache Awe[color=#000000]s[/color]ome Bearded Phatmassers" club.
[/quote]

Why not call it the " Snidely Whiplash Club " ya deranged canook !

ed

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345782596' post='2473338']
I highly recommend it, because then we can both be in the "Awe[color=#000000]s[/color]ome Bearded Phatmassers" club, and not only that, in the elite level of "Curled Moustache Awe[color=#000000]s[/color]ome Bearded Phatmassers" club.
[/quote]
I'm not really planning to let my moustache grow, but I'm in for the beards!

[/quote]
No, you aren't. I don't like tattoos, but what other people do with their body is not my decision. If I really loved a girl, tattoos probably wouldn't stop me from marrying her. Love isn't just all about physical appearance.