Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?


  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='LinaSt.Cecilia2772' timestamp='1345757768' post='2472989']


Yes I do know what I want, which is either a small cross with a cancer ribbon around it, or a small cross with a dove to represent the holy spirit, something very small and simple. I was thinking the inside of my wrist because I want to be able to see it, to motivate my every action, to remind me of what I'm working and living for, and to remember who is really guiding me in my life. So basically the tattoo will be a dedication to Christ/Holy Spirit and one of my very close family members who passed away from cancer.

I have seriously researched a few artists in my area. I went with one of my good buddies when he got his tat, and I liked where he got his. My cousin also recommended a parlor in my area where she got hers, and plenty of my friends have recommended me places where they got theirs. I have narrowed it down to two places where I have gone with friends to be of support when they had theirs done. I have a lot of friends who turned 18 before me, and I live in Austin where having a tattoo is completely normal for anyone, hahaha.

Thank you for the help!!! :)



Yeah I have carefully thought out what I want. I just don't want it to be too overbearing on my body to where that's all anyone looks at. I wanted something small, and meaningful to me.
[/quote]tat does sound like you have thoght it out and would be something you wouldnt regret in twenty yrears I wouldnt raise hell if you were my daughter. :)

Both my girls have tattoos on their inner wrist. They said it wasn't bad but they are pretty tough.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345761769' post='2473090']
tat does sound like you have thoght it out and would be something you wouldnt regret in twenty yrears I wouldnt raise hell if you were my daughter. :)

Both my girls have tattoos on their inner wrist. They said it wasn't bad but they are pretty tough.
[/quote]

The one time I try to like one of your posts and I'm out!

Posted

Question for anyone with wrist tattoos: how painful is it? That's where I want mine done but I'm worried it would be super painful.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345761962' post='2473093']
Question for anyone with wrist tattoos: how painful is it? That's where I want mine done but I'm worried it would be super painful.
[/quote]
Where on your wrist? Inside? It ain't bad at all. Like scratching a sunburn. ;)

Posted

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345762438' post='2473101']
Where on your wrist? Inside? It ain't bad at all. Like scratching a sunburn. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, the inside of my wrist. I want to be able to conceal it if I have to, I figure a wide bracelet would work. I don't think I've ever had sunburn, but that's good it's not too painful.

Posted

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345761308' post='2473083']
beaver dam, son. You nosey. :blink:
[/quote]

Can you please also provide your birthdate, social security number, last 3 years of tax return, eye color, weight, height, ethnicity, and bank account numbers?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and the pw to your phatmass account too :|

Posted

fun fact: admins can log into anyone's account w/o their password.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1345764146' post='2473116']
fun fact: admins can log into anyone's account w/o their password.
[/quote]
Thanks. Now I am paranoid.

Marie-Therese
Posted

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345755874' post='2472950']
I have no problem marrying someone with ink, but I'd have to ask my wife for permission to move to Utah with her.

I do think tats are a significant commitment. I understand prison ink, sleeves, actual body art. I don't understand getting craap like cartoon figures or butterflies. I hope the tattoo you'll get will still be wanted when you're 35 or 50. I think the short term physical pain would be the least of your worries and it was my understanding that is part of the idea as well.
[/quote]

Well, I have three different butterflies tattooed on me and am planning for probably at least one more. There is a reason for each and every one of them. The word "psyche" in Greek is a representation of the soul, and is represented by the form of a butterfly. Each of my butterflies represents a turning point in the development of my soul and marks a life event. From chrysalis to a beautiful creature on the wing, a butterfly portrays the soul's flight and upward development. Ugliness to beauty. They are deeply personal to me, and they were selected with much thought and planning. So, while a choice in ink might seem stupid or superficial or trendy, not all of them are. Don't paint all tats with broad strokes.

Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345759415' post='2473030']
Y'all are all unlucky. Houston.
[/quote]I laughed out loud.

Posted

I think caterpillars are cute.

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1345766427' post='2473132']
I laughed out loud.
[/quote]
You shut your dirty whore mouth.

Posted

I was about to comment on butterflies. It's not uncommon for people to use butterflies to represent loved ones that have passed away.

Posted

Which is fruity.


Velociraptors with wings would be razzle dazzle.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345758949' post='2473013']

That may be the only time ever that I prop a post of yours. :|



:lol:
[/quote]

I knew there was a reason for that cold shiver I got.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1345766153' post='2473129']
Well, I have three different butterflies tattooed on me and am planning for probably at least one more. There is a reason for each and every one of them. The word "psyche" in Greek is a representation of the soul, and is represented by the form of a butterfly. Each of my butterflies represents a turning point in the development of my soul and marks a life event. From chrysalis to a beautiful creature on the wing, a butterfly portrays the soul's flight and upward development. Ugliness to beauty. They are deeply personal to me, and they were selected with much thought and planning. So, while a choice in ink might seem stupid or superficial or trendy, not all of them are. Don't paint all tats with broad strokes.
[/quote]

They're also often used to represent/symbolize the Resurrection.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345766853' post='2473142']
Which is fruity.


Velociraptors with wings would be razzle dazzle.
[/quote]

Velociraptors with wings that are battling each other to the death would be preferable. This could symbolize marriage!

:lol:

Edited by FuturePriest387
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345771771' post='2473220']
Velociraptors with wings that are battling each other to the death would be preferable. This could symbolize marriage!

:lol:
[/quote]
Stop it with the smilies. You ruined the post.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345772764' post='2473231']
Stop it with the smilies. You ruined the post.
[/quote]

:)

Edited by FuturePriest387
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345774240' post='2473242']
:)
[/quote]
If you want to be seen as an effeminate manchild, ignore my advice.

GeorgiiMichael
Posted (edited)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345685897' post='2472294']
I like your dad. I personally hate tattoos and do not know why anyone would want to[b] ruin their body like that[/b], but I'm not paid to know why people do stuff. :hehe:
[/quote]
Well floopy you too, arse portal.

^That post is going to be fiddled to high heaven, but beaver dam, that pissed me off. Who are you to tell me that I ruined my body? It works just as well as it did before. I've not mutilated myself. I haven't led anyone to sin due to my ink. So tell me again how I ruined my body?

I absolutely would marry someone with tattoos.

I have 3 tattoos, and if I still like the idea this time next year, I'm planning on starting with my bicep tattoos as the starting blocks for full sleeves.

Catholic full sleeves.

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302035_1934343198131_1984643_n.jpg[/img]
^Right bicep (Sorry that it's so blurry, but you get the gist)

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/185134_3218684865870_1023281052_n.jpg[/img]
^Left bicep (The picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of Mary's face in this tattoo, the artist did a magnificent job)

Edited by GeorgiiMichael

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...