An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

franciscanheart

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345746297' post='2472782']
If you can go through the pain of getting the tattoo, you can go through the pain of removing the tattoo. If all else fails nothing beats Vicadin.
[/quote]
Unfortunately that stuff causes me more problems than it helps. Also: I've heard from some tough people with ink that the laser is definitely more painful than the tattoo, no matter where you have it done.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345746607' post='2472790']
I watched my brother get a tattoo; did not seem very painful at all.
[/quote]
:rolleyes:

But in all seriousness: where on his body did he get it?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1345750700' post='2472833']

I like peyton's tattoo's personally.
[/quote]
Not sure you could do that impersonally.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345750930' post='2472834']

[/quote]
Better not be above the tuchus. Those are only for chicks.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345750930' post='2472834']
Unfortunately that stuff causes me more problems than it helps. Also: I've heard from some tough people with ink that the laser is definitely more painful than the tattoo, no matter where you have it done.

:rolleyes:

[/quote]

Bicep. Easily covered, so there is that at least. I think it would have been smarter to wait a few years, because after all he is only 16, but he's happy with it, and it is not my arm.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

franciscanheart

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345751322' post='2472838']
Bicep. Easily covered, so there is that at least. I think it would have been smarter to wait a few years, because after all he is only 16, but he's happy with it, and it is not my arm.
[/quote]
While I'm not covered in them, I'm pretty familiar with tattoos. I'll tell ya: they do hurt. More often than not, it's not a "punch your mother" kind of pain, but it always hurts. Some places are worse than others, and biceps are definitely not awful. Also, I say this as a woman; we tend to struggle a little less with pain than men. (Science. Ask any tattoo artist.) ;)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345751322' post='2472838']
[/quote]

Is that even legal? In the UK you have to be 18, though of course not everywhere checks ID even though they can be closed down if they don't.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345752443' post='2472864']
While I'm not covered in them, I'm pretty familiar with tattoos. I'll tell ya: they do hurt. More often than not, it's not a "punch your mother" kind of pain, but it always hurts. Some places are worse than others, and biceps are definitely not awful. Also, I say this as a woman; we tend to struggle a little less with pain than men. (Science. Ask any tattoo artist.) ;)
[/quote]

I was told, actually by the tattoo artist, that a tattoo will hurt more in places that are typically more ticklish, or with less fat content, therefore the bicep would be the least painful place, more or less, to have a tattoo.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345752654' post='2472868']
Is that even legal? In the UK you have to be 18, though of course not everywhere checks ID even though they can be closed down if they don't.
[/quote]

Where I live at least, it is 18 without parental consent, 16 with, although most parlours will refuse minors regardless.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345752761' post='2472871']
Where I live at least, it is 18 without parental consent, 16 with, although most parlours will refuse minors regardless.
[/quote]

Eeek. 16 is far too young to be getting a tattoo. Too many people get tattoos without thinking about them properly - if you want something for a long time (like a year) then fine, but not just on a whim.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345753083' post='2472879']
Eeek. 16 is far too young to be getting a tattoo. Too many people get tattoos without thinking about them properly - if you want something for a long time (like a year) then fine, but not just on a whim.
[/quote]

That is what I thought as well. Although he had been talking about it for some time, so it was not necessarily on a whim.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345753153' post='2472883']
That is what I thought as well. Although he had been talking about it for some time, so it was not necessarily on a whim.
[/quote]

What's it of? Because I don't know about you but anything I would have got as a tattoo when I was 16 would make me cringe now.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345752761' post='2472871']
I was told, actually by the tattoo artist, that a tattoo will hurt more in places that are typically more ticklish, or with less fat content, therefore the bicep would be the least painful place, more or less, to have a tattoo.
[/quote]
The inside of my wrist was the least painful of all, but it may also be because it was so simple and done so fast. (Who knows? It's been a few years.)

I have tattoos covering most of my feet, on my back (shoulder to mid-back, spine to rib cage), forearm, bicep and inside wrist. The most painful? My feet. I don't care how fat you are, the top of the feet still don't get much cushion. Ha!

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345753210' post='2472885']
What's it of? Because I don't know about you but anything I would have got as a tattoo when I was 16 would make me cringe now.
[/quote]
Hello Kitty.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345753210' post='2472885']
[/quote]
[img]http://dailycupofyoga.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tumblr_luo25sxgzi1qdyb9oo1_400.png[/img]

No offense intended, but starting off your criticism of something by indicating that you don't mean offense is still offensive. So... no offense intended, but tatoo's are of the devil and all y'all will be condemned. Better ask FP to remove them with a coagulated milk grater, but don't worry, he doesn't mean any offense when doing it :|.

/end sarcasm

Seriously... how appropriate is it to jump into a thread where half a dozen people say they have tatoos to then say "No offense, but tatoo's are the ugliest thing I've ever seen in the entire world." Regardless of if you intend to be offensive or not, it's pretty darn rude.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345753342' post='2472891']
[img]http://dailycupofyoga.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tumblr_luo25sxgzi1qdyb9oo1_400.png[/img]
[/quote]

That's not too bad I suppose. I know of people who get tattoos that they are so clearly going to regret - references that will die out in a few years.