An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1345686096' post='2472296']
Personally I would not, I have seen some beautiful women with tattoos but I always think about some of the women I seen years ago in Gibsonton Fl., its the winter home for the circus people. These women who were 50+ years old with tattoos on sagging, wrinkled flesh. Disgusting.

ed
[/quote]Shout out for Gib Town! I was banned for life from a dive bar on 301 in the 70's. It was an epic night!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345744264' post='2472751']
Shout out for Gib Town! I was banned for life from a dive bar on 301 in the 70's. It was an epic night!
[/quote]

Oh, Anomaly... We love you and your craziness.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1345729455' post='2472592']
Belgian girl, "fell asleep" while getting a tattoo (that's what she said afterwards), ended up with this. She said she wanted 3 stars, not a 3 in stars. I don't think I would marry her :P

[img]http://wardjeblogt.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/sterrenmeisje.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Yeah, but she later came out and said she'd lied about it because she didn't want her dad to be mad at her.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1345744978' post='2472761']
Yeah, but she later came out and said she'd lied about it because she didn't want her dad to be mad at her.
[/quote]

Looking at her face just makes me want to get a [b]c[/b]heese grater, especially since she lied. Can you get a tattoo like that removed surgically?

franciscanheart

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1345744978' post='2472761']
[/quote]
This IS the one time that I think, "She's such a pretty girl! Why did she do that?" I like Kat's stars, but not these so much.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345745091' post='2472763']
Looking at her face just makes me want to get a [b]c[/b]heese grater, especially since she lied. Can you get a tattoo like that removed surgically?
[/quote]

They can be removed with lasers, but it is expensive, lengthy, and not always reliable. Not to mention extremely painful.

franciscanheart

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345745091' post='2472763']
[/quote]
It's a laser that they use, and yes. There's a guy here where I am that is really amazing at it, no signs of discoloration in the skin. Pretty rad.

missionseeker

It looks a little better now with her having had them lasered (but not completely removed) and her hair grown out.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345745759' post='2472771']
It's a laser that they use, and yes. There's a guy here where I am that is really amazing at it, no signs of discoloration in the skin. Pretty rad.
[/quote]

If I were the father I would tell her it was the grater or the laser, her choice. :hehe: I probably wouldn't mind a daughter or son of mine getting a tattoo, but I couldn't help but intervene if my daughter did... [i]this. [/i]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345745497' post='2472767']
They can be removed with lasers, but it is expensive, lengthy, and not always reliable. Not to mention extremely painful.
[/quote]

If you can go through the pain of getting the tattoo, you can go through the pain of removing the tattoo. If all else fails nothing beats Vicadin.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345744126' post='2472746']
Does part of your dissertation deal with the yakuza-tattoo connection in Japan? I'm kind of interested in that side of things.
[/quote]

That's one of the things I'm looking at to do with the associations with tattoos. It's quite fascinating actually - the Japanese almost forced the criminal subculture that was the precursor to the yakuza to exist.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345746297' post='2472782']
If I were the father I would tell her it was the grater or the laser, her choice. :hehe: I probably wouldn't mind a daughter or son of mine getting a tattoo, but I couldn't help but intervene if my daughter did... [i]this. [/i]

If you can go through the pain of getting the tattoo, you can go through the pain of removing the tattoo. If all else fails nothing beats Vicadin.
[/quote]

Eh. I am not about to judge someone for getting a tattoo. Although I think getting tattoos on one's face is rather short sighted.
From what I hear, the laser is much more painful. I watched my brother get a tattoo; did not seem very painful at all.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345746322' post='2472785']
That's one of the things I'm looking at to do with the associations with tattoos. It's quite fascinating actually - the Japanese almost forced the criminal subculture that was the precursor to the yakuza to exist.
[/quote]

Coo[color=#000000]l[/color]! That sounds like a fascinating read. Let us know when you are finished. :)

Edited by Nihil Obstat

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345746297' post='2472782']

[/quote]

I don't think they dish out Vicodin for that sort of thing... and lasering takes multiple sessions. My brother had a couple to remove a tattoo on his arm (he loved it, but was removing it for his job... which wound up not being necessary so he still has the tat, it's faded but not fully removed). He said the laser was far more painful than getting the ink.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345743564' post='2472743']
No, but can't say the same for people that are petty.
[/quote][img]http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/LA-Ink/kat-von-d.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1345748299' post='2472804']
I don't think they dish out Vicodin for that sort of thing... and lasering takes multiple sessions. My brother had a couple to remove a tattoo on his arm (he loved it, but was removing it for his job... which wound up not being necessary so he still has the tat, it's faded but not fully removed). He said the laser was far more painful than getting the ink.
[/quote]

Well, there's always the [i]c[/i]heese grater, then. :P

These are some of the coolest tattoos i have ever seen, beautiful designs, way ahead of their time
[url="http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/"]http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/[/url]

I kinda want one :)

I like peyton's tattoo's personally. Face tattoos not so much.