An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Marry Someone With Tattoos?

franciscanheart

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345761308' post='2473083']
beaver dam, son. You nosey. :blink:
[/quote]

Can you please also provide your birthdate, social security number, last 3 years of tax return, eye color, weight, height, ethnicity, and bank account numbers?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and the pw to your phatmass account too :|

MissScripture

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1345764146' post='2473116']
fun fact: admins can log into anyone's account w/o their password.
[/quote]
Thanks. Now I am paranoid.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345755874' post='2472950']
I have no problem marrying someone with ink, but I'd have to ask my wife for permission to move to Utah with her.

I do think tats are a significant commitment. I understand prison ink, sleeves, actual body art. I don't understand getting craap like cartoon figures or butterflies. I hope the tattoo you'll get will still be wanted when you're 35 or 50. I think the short term physical pain would be the least of your worries and it was my understanding that is part of the idea as well.
[/quote]

Well, I have three different butterflies tattooed on me and am planning for probably at least one more. There is a reason for each and every one of them. The word "psyche" in Greek is a representation of the soul, and is represented by the form of a butterfly. Each of my butterflies represents a turning point in the development of my soul and marks a life event. From chrysalis to a beautiful creature on the wing, a butterfly portrays the soul's flight and upward development. Ugliness to beauty. They are deeply personal to me, and they were selected with much thought and planning. So, while a choice in ink might seem stupid or superficial or trendy, not all of them are. Don't paint all tats with broad strokes.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345759415' post='2473030']
Y'all are all unlucky. Houston.
[/quote]I laughed out loud.

I think caterpillars are cute.

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1345766427' post='2473132']
I laughed out loud.
[/quote]
You shut your dirty whore mouth.

I was about to comment on butterflies. It's not uncommon for people to use butterflies to represent loved ones that have passed away.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345758949' post='2473013']

That may be the only time ever that I prop a post of yours. :|

:lol:
[/quote]

I knew there was a reason for that cold shiver I got.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1345766153' post='2473129']
Well, I have three different butterflies tattooed on me and am planning for probably at least one more. There is a reason for each and every one of them. The word "psyche" in Greek is a representation of the soul, and is represented by the form of a butterfly. Each of my butterflies represents a turning point in the development of my soul and marks a life event. From chrysalis to a beautiful creature on the wing, a butterfly portrays the soul's flight and upward development. Ugliness to beauty. They are deeply personal to me, and they were selected with much thought and planning. So, while a choice in ink might seem stupid or superficial or trendy, not all of them are. Don't paint all tats with broad strokes.
[/quote]

They're also often used to represent/symbolize the Resurrection.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345766853' post='2473142']
Which is fruity.

Velociraptors with wings would be razzle dazzle.
[/quote]

Velociraptors with wings that are battling each other to the death would be preferable. This could symbolize marriage!

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345771771' post='2473220']
Velociraptors with wings that are battling each other to the death would be preferable. This could symbolize marriage!

[/quote]
Stop it with the smilies. You ruined the post.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345772764' post='2473231']
Stop it with the smilies. You ruined the post.
[/quote]

:)

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345774240' post='2473242']
:)
[/quote]
If you want to be seen as an effeminate manchild, ignore my advice.

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345685897' post='2472294']
I like your dad. I personally hate tattoos and do not know why anyone would want to[b] ruin their body like that[/b], but I'm not paid to know why people do stuff. :hehe:
[/quote]
Well floopy you too, arse portal.

^That post is going to be fiddled to high heaven, but beaver dam, that pissed me off. Who are you to tell me that I ruined my body? It works just as well as it did before. I've not mutilated myself. I haven't led anyone to sin due to my ink. So tell me again how I ruined my body?

I absolutely would marry someone with tattoos.

I have 3 tattoos, and if I still like the idea this time next year, I'm planning on starting with my bicep tattoos as the starting blocks for full sleeves.

Catholic full sleeves.

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302035_1934343198131_1984643_n.jpg[/img]
^Right bicep (Sorry that it's so blurry, but you get the gist)

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/185134_3218684865870_1023281052_n.jpg[/img]
^Left bicep (The picture doesn't do justice to the beauty of Mary's face in this tattoo, the artist did a magnificent job)

Edited by GeorgiiMichael