An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Does Not Equal Gop

TheUbiquitous

missionseeker

it's up to the individual person to make moral choices. Not companies, not governments, not corpoations, not political parties. PERSONS.

The health care insurance system is flawed. But mandating morality won't fix it.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1351837428' post='2502804']
it's up to the individual person to make moral choices. Not companies, not governments, not corpoations, not political parties. PERSONS.

The health care insurance system is flawed. But mandating morality won't fix it.
[/quote]

Companies, governments, corporations and political parties are human constructs.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1351837428' post='2502804']

[/quote]

so its ok when the government is immoral? like with abortion and allowing gay marriage and giving free contracetptives? so we shouldn't mandate abortion as illegal? gay marriage as illegal? your arguement seems really weak. morality should be attached to everything and everyone. every person, government, company has an obligation to adhere to the morals God put in place. NO one should have cart blanche for not having to follow the moral choice.

havok's argument tactic is to just bombard everyone with crazy strawman and reductive reasoning from every single angle, like an octopus beating you with a pool stick in each arm. It's hilarious to watch.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351837937' post='2502811']
havok's argument tactic is to just bombard everyone with crazy strawman and reductive reasoning from every single angle, like an octopus beating you with a pool stick in each arm. It's hilarious to watch.
[/quote]

so you disagree with my point on denying healthcare coverage?

that companies or governments do not get a pass on morality?

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1351838111' post='2502814']

so you disagree with my point on denying healthcare coverage?

that companies or governments do not get a pass on morality?
[/quote]

Not at all. I was making a general observation.

I could be like "People shouldn't eat fast food" and your response would be like "so we should tell people what they should eat? does the church say that's okay? does the government get to tell us what to think and feel too? should we just trust the new world order to control our every choice? abortiongaymarriageblaghhhh>'

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351838236' post='2502816']

Not at all. I was making a general observation.

I could be like "People shouldn't eat fast food" and your response would be like "so we should tell people what they should eat? does the church say that's okay? does the government get to tell us what to think and feel too? should we just trust the new world order to control our every choice? abortiongaymarriageblaghhhh>'
[/quote]

well that would not be my response so fail on your part. good times though.

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1351838365' post='2502818']

well that would not be my response so fail on your part. good times though.
[/quote]

Perhaps I got the verbiage wrong, but the spirit is still the same.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351838538' post='2502822']

Perhaps I got the verbiage wrong, but the spirit is still the same.
[/quote]

nope, your wrong. nice try though.

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1351838954' post='2502826']
nope, your wrong. nice try though.
[/quote]

Havok, sometimes I feel like I could say "water is wet" and you'd just disagree with me on principle.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351839066' post='2502830']

Havok, sometimes I feel like I could say "water is wet" and you'd just disagree with me on principle.
[/quote]

water would actually be classified better as a liquid.

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1351839274' post='2502836']
[/quote]

You never disappoint.

(EDIT: That might not be true. I don't know you. It could be that you're a tremendous, [b]stupid[/b] failure. How would I know?)

Edited by kujo

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351839066' post='2502830']

[/quote]
[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1351839274' post='2502836']
[/quote]kujo, I just want you to know that havok's props are meant for you too here. You gave me a chuckle. :)

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1351839369' post='2502839']
kujo, I just want you to know that havok's props are meant for you too here. You gave me a chuckle. :)
[/quote]

Havok is good people. Although, not gonna lie, I have a sneaking suspicion that his face looks like this when he posts on here:

[img]http://mimg.ugo.com/201102/7/9/7/175797/cuts/duhh_528x297.jpg[/img]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351839560' post='2502842']

Havok is good people. Although, not gonna lie, I have a sneaking suspicion that his face looks like this when he posts on here:

[img]http://mimg.ugo.com/201102/7/9/7/175797/cuts/duhh_528x297.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

absolutely. that is exactly what i look like whil i am reading your posts and trying to decifer any logic from it.