An Old School Catholic Message Board

O.p. Vs. Cfrs

i<3franciscans

dominicansoul

it reminds me of me in the convent...i pretty much was always discombobulated :P

Mother would always come into a room where I was, shift things around (my cape, my sleeves, my veil)

and ask, "Don't you girls see this? why don't you help her?"

rotfl

dominicansoul

this should have been an O.P. vs. C.F.R. vs Carmelite thread, cos we can take all of you on!

when Vee starts telling me about carmelite saints, I usually fall asleep! :sleep2:

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1349755277' post='2491537']
this should have been an O.P. vs. C.F.R. vs Carmelite thread, cos we can take all of you on!

when Vee starts telling me about carmelite saints, I usually fall asleep! :sleep2:
[/quote]

big shock there :|

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5rsC2IPDMXg/SG-0ZSW30qI/AAAAAAAAAVs/amEZ_UVNRv8/s320/Venia2.jpg[/img]

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1349754770' post='2491530']

O.o

they put his mantle under his cape! he's all discombobulated.....
[/quote]

I noticed that... :huh:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1349754880' post='2491532']

what can you expect from anyone wearing an OP habit?!?!?! sheesh
[/quote]

:getaclue: :getaclue: :getaclue: :getaclue:

Vee is gonna have some serious mental damage by the time I'm done with him.

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1349755031' post='2491536']
it reminds me of me in the convent...i pretty much was always discombobulated :P

Mother would always come into a room where I was, shift things around (my cape, my sleeves, my veil)

and ask, "Don't you girls see this? why don't you help her?"

rotfl
[/quote]

Honestly, I'm rather afraid that that will be me... I can't even get my chapel veil to stay on during Mass or Adoration. Tie it behind my head ("nun style" as some of my friends call it) and it gets untied and falls off the back. Don't tie it and have it slide down the sides of my head. :blush: What is that stiff thing under their veils? I kept forgetting to ask and, let's face it, I would just look stupid. Does it help them stay on or something?

HOW CAN YOUR SLEEVES BE ON WRONG? Do you have to sew your habit together piece by pece every day after you get into it? :| Because if you do...I'm in trouble. (If you have to sew your own habit together ONCE, I'm still gonna be in trouble. #CantSew)

Edit to add: About the sleeves thing... now that I think back on it, they wear like, 3 tunics (and a cape...and a scapular...), don't they? Yeah, that's gonna be fun on home visits. :sweat:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

i<3franciscans

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1349796229' post='2491633']
Honestly, I'm rather afraid that that will be me... I can't even get my chapel veil to stay on during Mass or Adoration. Tie it behind my head ("nun style" as some of my friends call it) and it gets untied and falls off the back. Don't tie it and have it slide down the sides of my head. :blush: What is that stiff thing under their veils? I kept forgetting to ask and, let's face it, I would just look stupid. Does it help them stay on or something?

HOW CAN YOUR SLEEVES BE ON WRONG? Do you have to sew your habit together piece by pece every day after you get into it? :| Because if you do...I'm in trouble. (If you have to sew your own habit together ONCE, I'm still gonna be in trouble. #CantSew)

Edit to add: About the sleeves thing... now that I think back on it, they wear like, 3 tunics (and a cape...and a scapular...), don't they? Yeah, that's gonna be fun on home visits. :sweat:
[/quote]
I understand the sleeve thing. I had to wear a habit as part of a costume for a play thing last year and I could never get the sleeves right. :P

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1349816186' post='2491719']
I understand the sleeve thing. I had to wear a habit as part of a costume for a play thing last year and I could never get the sleeves right. :P
[/quote]

BUT HOW CAN YOU BE WEARING YOUR SLEEVES WRONG???!!! :huh:

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1349780797' post='2491589']
Vee is gonna have some serious mental damage by the time I'm done with [u][b]him[/b][/u].
[/quote]
I think you meant "her." Dominicans, yeesh :getaclue:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1349816879' post='2491724']
I think you meant "her." Dominicans, yeesh :getaclue:
[/quote]

Meh, I can't keep everyone's genders straight (especially if I don't know them in the first place). :bike:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1349816040' post='2491718']
What are carmelites doing on this thread?!?!
[/quote]

winning