An Old School Catholic Message Board

O.p. Vs. Cfrs

i<3franciscans

St Dominic founded the nuns ten years before the friars because you cant have preaching without prayer and the prayers and sacrifices of the cloistered OPs were the foundation and backbone. Prayer always comes first. If the preaching is failing its because prayer is failing.

dominicansoul

Just ask Sr. Mary Catharine, O.P., how important it was for St. Dominic to have founded the nuns first! They were in existence 10 whole years before Dominic received his first friars.....

[img]http://lufkinnuns.org.temp.realssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/nun-1.jpg[/img]

...[color=#800080][size=4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]its all about prayer![/font][/size][/color]

Edited by dominicansoul

Catholicterp7

[color=#ee82ee]I still think that my post about the Dominican Missionaries for the Deaf Apostolate makes all of your arguments invalid. The Dominicans are the first in America to have a community founded for and by the Deaf. WIN! [/color]
[color=#ee82ee]JMJ+ :heart: [/color]

i<3franciscans

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1350041332' post='2492712']
:| They're still holy peoplez....
[/quote]
Plus friars have beards. :)

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1350313772' post='2493633']
Plus friars have beards. :)
[/quote]

I think Lil'Monster should convert to the Franciscan side, in that case, because she lurves beards

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MeteorShower' timestamp='1350332849' post='2493730']
I think Lil'Monster should convert to the Franciscan side, in that case, because she lurves beards
[/quote]
She already is franciscan she just doesn't want to admit it. :P

DiscerningCatholic

Ha, you wish. She said she'll probably go to the May discernment retreat with the DSMME. And then we'll meet. And be a.wesome. Because that's what Dominicans are made of, ya know.

i<3franciscans

Its ok. Mon is spending a week with me and oremoose and mysisterisalittlesister and i<3LSOP AND THE CFRS at Camp Veritas 2013... we will fix her. :P

DiscerningCatholic

Uh...I think it'll take a while for us to get there, girlfriend. :buddies: I'll probably have entered by the time we get to 1000.

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1350654222' post='2494800']
Its ok. Mon is spending a week with me and oremoose and mysisterisalittlesister and i<3LSOP AND THE CFRS at Camp Veritas 2013... we will fix her. :P
[/quote]

:hehe:

Yes we will

i<3franciscans

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1350671161' post='2494909']
Uh...I think it'll take a while for us to get there, girlfriend. :buddies: I'll probably have entered by the time we get to 1000.
[/quote]
lol. The both of us. :P

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1350673617' post='2494943']
lol. The both of us. :P
[/quote]

'Tis true!