An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nihil's Stream Of Insanity

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

I really wanna try that Dorito and Mountain Dew thing...

I want video of the whole event.

Nihil Obstat

Interesting continuation of the F1 season in Malaysia. Winners were Vettel, Weber, and Hamilton. Alonso crashed on his second lap because of a gamble with a damaged front wing that didn't pay off, and spectacularly so.

Exciting in the last 15 laps too. Weber was leading Vettel, who was told by the team to back off a bit and maintain positions. Vettel ignored the team orders and passed Weber. Weber is pretty mad. Similar situation for Hamilton and his teammate Rosberg in third and fourth, but Rosberg mostly listened to his team and didn't try for a pass.

Nihil Obstat

Calgary Flames finally pulled the trigger on a trade deal for Iginla- he's off to the Penguins.

8161964.jpg

Sad time for Flames fans, because Iginla epitomized the career player. But it just didn't make sense for him to stay. He's not going to win the Cup here, even though he deserves one perhaps more than anybody in the league. And the Flames organization needs to look at reality. Right now the team is just not a realistic playoff contender, and it never will be until they completely rebuild. They've been trying to make little tweaks and adjustments since 2004, and it's obvious that there just is no magic formula that's finally going to click. It'll be a long time (probably) before the Flames are a serious team again, but Flames fans are nothing if not patient.

Remains to be seen if Kiprusoff will stay, but at this point it hardly matters. The Flames will probably not rebuild before he retires, and in any case it sounds like he is refusing to waive his no-trade clause. On the other hand, hockey rumours are frequently seasoned with outright lies, so it will not surprise me at all if he packs up by the April 3rd trade deadline.

In any case, it looks like I will cheer for the Penguins in the post-season.