An Old School Catholic Message Board

Futurepriest And Emily Sitting In A Tree Not Kissing

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352161965' post='2504863']
Courtship is better than asking her out.

Get to know her. Be her friend. Play the long game. It's more fulfilling and it breeds healthier relationships.
[/quote]

One thing I'm afraid of is scaring her off by going too fast, but everyone says I shouldn't wait for long because then she thinks I don't like her in that way and she will mark me off her dating list.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352162179' post='2504864']

One thing I'm afraid of is scaring her off by going too fast, but everyone says I shouldn't wait for long because then she thinks I don't like her in that way and she will mark me off her dating list.
[/quote]

That's retarded. Besides, you can let her know your feelings without coming right out with it. If you are paying attention to her, she'll know you're interested. And she should be doing the same for you--if she's interested, she'll let it be known. Enjoy the in between time bro.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352162431' post='2504869']
That's retarded. Besides, you can let her know your feelings without coming right out with it. If you are paying attention to her, she'll know you're interested. And she should be doing the same for you--if she's interested, she'll let it be known. Enjoy the in between time bro.
[/quote]

See, things were easier when everybody that gave advice agreed with each other.

Well at the end of the day, you gotta do something authentic. If you are a very proactive person, go for it. If you are more of a slowburn type (like me), build it to a crescendo.

Well at the end of the day, you gotta do something authentic. If you are a very proactive person, go for it. If you are more of a slowburn type (like me), build it to a crescendo.

Spem in alium

Best of luck, mate! Trust in God and know that His Will is the best will :) She sounds like a great girl. I hope everything works out splendidly.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352164865' post='2504896']
Listen to kooj. He's right on this stuff.
[/quote]

I don't know much, but as a similarly loathsome individual, I know the ordeal FP faces when trying to woo a beautiful woman. He's an immature jackass; I'm an ornery jackass. People don't fall in love with schmucks like us overnight. Gotta lay the groundwork for the "ah ha" moment in the future.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352165927' post='2504911']
I don't know much, but as a similarly loathsome individual, I know the ordeal FP faces when trying to woo a beautiful woman. He's an immature jackass; I'm an ornery jackass. People don't fall in love with schmucks like us overnight. Gotta lay the groundwork for the "ah ha" moment in the future.
[/quote]

Hey hey hey. I was given these compliments at the wedding (Either to me or to others about me): Sweet, (Got called that like, four times) handsome, and a good dancer. She seemed receptive to me at the wedding, so hopefully I'm not as much of an immature jerk as I used to be.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352166212' post='2504916']

Hey hey hey. I was given these compliments at the wedding (Either to me or to others about me): Sweet, (Got called that like, four times) handsome, and a good dancer. She seemed receptive to me at the wedding, so hopefully I'm not as much of an immature jerk as I used to be.
[/quote]

Yeah and the sweet handsome special needs boy who helps my fiancée at the grocery store is a good dancer too.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352166529' post='2504920']
Yeah and the sweet handsome special needs boy who helps my fiancée at the grocery store is a good dancer too.
[/quote]

I know you like the offensive jokes, but don't you think that [i]may [/i]have went slightly over the line?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352177428' post='2505005']

I know you like the offensive jokes, but don't you think that [i]may [/i]have went slightly over the line?
[/quote]

I wasn't joking. I was simply pointing out that sweet, handsome and good-dancing are subjective compliments.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352179808' post='2505021']
I wasn't joking. I was simply pointing out that sweet, handsome and good-dancing are subjective compliments.
[/quote]
If it were subjective you would be saying that for some people, sweet handsome and good at dancing would be bad. All you have said is that all those qualities, while good, can be outweighed by other factors. :|

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352180479' post='2505030']
If it were subjective you would be saying that for some people, sweet handsome and good at dancing would be bad. All you have said is that all those qualities, while good, can be outweighed by other factors. :|
[/quote]

If you want to get technical, in his context he was saying those qualities [b]are [/b]outweighed by other negative factors which do not bode well for me. Just thought I would be technical for a moment. :saint:

Edited by FuturePriest387