An Old School Catholic Message Board

Futurepriest And Emily Sitting In A Tree Not Kissing

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1352386398' post='2506526']
I find it hard to believe that the parents of a 16 (is that right?) year old actively discerning the priesthood enough that they bought him a cassock and regardless of his discernment bring him along to all sorts of Catholic events would now be trying to sway him out of the seminary.
[/quote]

Two quick problems in this post: We didn't buy the cassock, my spiritual director lent that to me. We don't go to Catholic events a lot, we just go to the conference once a year.

brianthephysicist

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352388348' post='2506544']
Two quick problems in this post: We didn't buy the cassock, my spiritual director lent that to me. We don't go to Catholic events a lot, we just go to the conference once a year.
[/quote]

My bad on the cassock. I made a wrong assumption on that one.

I thought you went to more stuff than just that and you were friends with some fancy pantaloons Catholic author or something. But anyways, that's way more than I did when I was younger.

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1352393854' post='2506578']
Yo MAPS, nice text above your avatar :hehe:
[/quote]

...O.o

PhuturePriest

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1352393134' post='2506572']
My bad on the cassock. I made a wrong assumption on that one.

I thought you went to more stuff than just that and you were friends with some fancy pantaloons Catholic author or something. But anyways, that's way more than I did when I was younger.
[/quote]

I'm kind of acquaintances with Tim Staples, but it's not like we're best buddies that go out and golf every Sunday or something.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1352393854' post='2506578']
Yo MAPS, nice text above your avatar :hehe:
[/quote]

That's an inside joke. Me and EmilyAnn message each other privately a lot, but we also go on chat almost every day and we take up a lot of chat by going "Replied EmilyAnn" and "Replied FP".

LittleWaySoul

(1) I thought this was referring to EmilyAnn too :blush:

(2) Byzantine told me about this thread in person because he thought it was funny. I agree.

(3) This thread is legit.

(4) What college are you thinking of, FP? Is it Franciscan? ;)

(5) It SHOULD be Franciscan.

(6) Have you ever been in a relationship before, FP? Just wondering.

(7) Why are all the guys that I know who are discerning the priesthood so romantically inclined? No, but seriously.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1352426767' post='2506865']
(1) I thought this was referring to EmilyAnn too :blush:

(2) Byzantine told me about this thread in person because he thought it was funny. I agree.

(3) This thread is legit.

(4) What college are you thinking of, FP? Is it Franciscan? ;)

(5) It SHOULD be Franciscan.

(6) Have you ever been in a relationship before, FP? Just wondering.

(7) Why are all the guys that I know who are discerning the priesthood so romantically inclined? No, but seriously.
[/quote]

Benedictine College. Franciscan is cool, but Benedictine is much closer, it's totally amesome, and I like it a lot. Total bonus: Emily is going to go there.

I've always been weak for romance. Don't ask me why, I've just always been very romantically inclined. When I first started writing all of my stories were romantic. I learned to man it out later with bar fights and things like that.

Fun fact: Emily is eight days older than me.

[quote]

[/quote]
Whoa, hold the floop on now. This changes everything. She's practically robbing the cradle. Is this even legal? :|

LittleWaySoul

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352428309' post='2506876']

Benedictine College. Franciscan is cool, but Benedictine is much closer, it's totally amesome, and I like it a lot. Total bonus: Emily is going to go there.

I've always been weak for romance. Don't ask me why, I've just always been very romantically inclined. When I first started writing all of my stories were romantic. I learned to man it out later with bar fights and things like that.

[/quote]
You didn't answer question number 6.