An Old School Catholic Message Board

Futurepriest And Emily Sitting In A Tree Not Kissing

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352180611' post='2505031']
If you want to get technical, in his context he was saying those qualities [b]are [/b]outweighed by other negative factors which do not bode well for me. Just thought I would be technical for a moment. :saint:
[/quote]
Indeed. But the implication remains that being sweet, handsome, and good at dancing, are objectively positive factors which, in Kujo's scenario, are outweighed by being special needs. :| Which doesn't really speak well for Kujo. If he runs for president in 20 years I will make sure to run attack ads proving that Kujo hates special needs people and supports forced sterilization. Also that he hates minorities and poor people.
Then, when his campaign fails and he is abandoned by everyone he loves, the only people he has left to turn to will be us Phatmassers. He will crawl to us in his hour of need, begging simply for a shred of empathy. And we shall say unto him: your humility suits you well- forget not your moment of shame, for in your shame you are justified. In your weakness you are made strong. In your failure you will succeed. And Kujo, weeping, will renounce his past life and, throwing upon himself sackcloth and ashes, and taking up the burden of the Holy Cross, he will from that moment on work tirelessly in doing the Lord's work. And yea: from his failure he will reap success, not for himself but for his Master. Thus will the words of the Holy Gospel be vindicated in the end of days, and thus will begin the social reign of Christ the King. Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352181464' post='2505040']
Indeed. But the implication remains that being sweet, handsome, and good at dancing, are objectively positive factors which, in Kujo's scenario, are outweighed by being special needs. :| Which doesn't really speak well for Kujo. If he runs for president in 20 years I will make sure to run attack ads proving that Kujo hates special needs people and supports forced sterilization. Also that he hates minorities and poor people.
Then, when his campaign fails and he is abandoned by everyone he loves, the only people he has left to turn to will be us Phatmassers. He will crawl to us in his hour of need, begging simply for a shred of empathy. And we shall say unto him: your humility suits you well- forget not your moment of shame, for in your shame you are justified. In your weakness you are made strong. In your failure you will succeed. And Kujo, weeping, will renounce his past life and, throwing upon himself sackcloth and ashes, and taking up the burden of the Holy Cross, he will from that moment on work tirelessly in doing the Lord's work. And yea: from his failure he will reap success, not for himself but for his Master. Thus will the words of the Holy Gospel be vindicated in the end of days, and thus will begin the social reign of Christ the King. Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat.
[/quote]

Then, when he trusts us, we will rule him with an iron fist.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1352181187' post='2505037']
I'm saying FP is a loser.
[/quote]

And I'm saying I'm not. Your opinion has always meant too much to me, and it won't anymore. I'm not a loser. I'm a good person with good intentions. I fail, but I always try. I'm making progress and I'm not going to be derailed simply because you like debating with me (In response to that post you made a while ago about wanting me to not be "clean-cut", simply because it would invite you to be on here more).

Edited by FuturePriest387

[img]http://kelevra23.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/success-kid-meme-generator-boom-goes-the-dynamite-87d58f.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352224185' post='2505187']
Emily, I may or may not have thought this thread was about you before I read it. Forgive me. :hehe:
[/quote]

EmilyAnn is nice and she's one of my best friends on here, but Emily stole my heart before she got the chance. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wow, this thread is interesting! And pretty funny. I will say I cannot really relate at all. I have never been on a date and never even had a crush on anybody. I'm not worried though, if I'm meant to meet someone, it will happen eventually. Anyway, good luck FP!

ChristinaTherese

Emily, I may or may not have thought this thread was about you before I read it. Forgive me. :hehe:
[/quote]
:hehe2: Me too, Missy....

[/quote]

[quote name='Christina Thérèse' timestamp='1352230041' post='2505228']
:hehe2: Me too, Missy....
[/quote]

:crazy:

I think we haven't figured out whether this young lady is an appropriately indoctrinated...I mean catechised...American Catholic Republican.

brianthephysicist

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352181984' post='2505043']
And I'm saying I'm not. Your opinion has always meant too much to me, and it won't anymore. I'm not a loser. I'm a good person with good intentions. I fail, but I always try. I'm making progress and I'm not going to be derailed simply because you like debating with me (In response to that post you made a while ago about wanting me to not be "clean-cut", simply because it would invite you to be on here more).
[/quote]
Woah, maybe I read that wrong but I had assumed Kujo was just ribbing you.

Kujo's had some good advice that I've been unable to prop. He's so right about there being a way to interact with her that lets her know you're interested in something more while working on a friendship. (I especially lol'ed when you called it that "ah ha" moment :hehe: )

When I was younger, my grandpop would sometimes tell my brother and I that we shouldn't just look for some pretty girl to marry because that's easy. Instead we should first look to build up strong friendships with girls. Because wouldn't it be wonderful to spend the rest of your life with your best friend? They were married for 60 something years before she passed away and I always look to the way they lived that out. Every day.

Don't worry about where other people think you are or aren't or whether you've asked her out yet or not. Look to cultivate the friendship and lay the foundations for a possible future together. You'll know when to ask her out. It'll be the day when you yearn for her so much that the fear the thought of not knowing [i]her[/i] better than your current relationship allows more than you fear rejection and possibly losing that friendship. It's the strangest paradox but you'll know it when you get there.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1352322995' post='2505979']
Woah, maybe I read that wrong but I had assumed Kujo was just ribbing you.

Kujo's had some good advice that I've been unable to prop. He's so right about there being a way to interact with her that lets her know you're interested in something more while working on a friendship. (I especially lol'ed when you called it that "ah ha" moment :hehe: )

When I was younger, my grandpop would sometimes tell my brother and I that we shouldn't just look for some pretty girl to marry because that's easy. Instead we should first look to build up strong friendships with girls. Because wouldn't it be wonderful to spend the rest of your life with your best friend? They were married for 60 something years before she passed away and I always look to the way they lived that out. Every day.

Don't worry about where other people think you are or aren't or whether you've asked her out yet or not. Look to cultivate the friendship and lay the foundations for a possible future together. You'll know when to ask her out. It'll be the day when you yearn for her so much that the fear the thought of not knowing [i]her[/i] better than your current relationship allows more than you fear rejection and possibly losing that friendship. It's the strangest paradox but you'll know it when you get there.
[/quote]

There is a fine line between joking and personal insults. He has portrayed that he thinks I'm nothing but a loathesome jackass (His words not mine) and he believes it. You can give me all the advice you want, but what Kujo said is something I will not back down on.

As for me and Emily, I have been talking to her and I think this two week plan is right for us. I wasn't certain at first, but there is a method to everyone's madness and I realized it makes sense. Playing it slow and waiting a year or so is too risky as I can easily fall into the "just friends" manhole, which is the opposite of what I am going for.

brianthephysicist

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352324366' post='2506005']
There is a fine line between joking and personal insults. He has portrayed that he thinks I'm nothing but a loathesome jackass (His words not mine) and he believes it. You can give me all the advice you want, but what Kujo said is something I will not back down on.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, I didn't read it that way. I don't believe that it was a personal attack, but I also can't read Kujo's mind. That's something for the two of you to address.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352324366' post='2506005']
As for me and Emily, I have been talking to her and I think this two week plan is right for us. I wasn't certain at first, but there is a method to everyone's madness and I realized it makes sense. Playing it slow and waiting a year or so is too risky as I can easily fall into the "just friends" manhole, which is the opposite of what I am going for.
[/quote]

I'm not suggesting to wait for a year. I'm saying to "speak softly and carry a big stick" if you will. Walk slowly and purposefully. You can make purposeful decisions to show her you care to lay the groundwork for you two to move from walking near each other to begin walking together.

I don't know how long it will take. It may take two weeks, it may take two months, it may take two years. I don't know. But I do know setting an arbitrary date or deadline and hoping that your friendship or even trying to force your friendship to the point that it is ready for a certain step is a bad idea.

I don't know if I'm getting the nuance right here or not.

I'm not trying to convince you that two weeks is not enough time and that it's wrong if you ask her out within two weeks. What I am trying to convince you is that to have set a date or deadline (I will wait ... days/weeks/months/years/etc. for us to do ... because we'll be ready by then) is not a good idea for the relationship. Sometimes you have to wait longer than you would like to. Sometimes you need to listen to your heart and make that crazy stupid decision that your heart yearns for. And during those in between times, you have the ability to move forward and still get to know her more.

I realize that distance is a bit of an issue, but ask your parents if you guys can figure out some way of hanging out once or twice. Not dates per se, but like meeting halfway and go bowling with your families or something silly like that. Your relationship can grow a lot while chatting over the internet, but it can't make up for genuine face time. Get some more time in person with her and especially with her family before you ask her out.

God-speed man, I really am rooting for you here.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1352327527' post='2506081']
I'm sorry, I didn't read it that way. I don't believe that it was a personal attack, but I also can't read Kujo's mind. That's something for the two of you to address.

I'm not suggesting to wait for a year. I'm saying to "speak softly and carry a big stick" if you will. Walk slowly and purposefully. You can make purposeful decisions to show her you care to lay the groundwork for you two to move from walking near each other to begin walking together.

I don't know how long it will take. It may take two weeks, it may take two months, it may take two years. I don't know. But I do know setting an arbitrary date or deadline and hoping that your friendship or even trying to force your friendship to the point that it is ready for a certain step is a bad idea.

I don't know if I'm getting the nuance right here or not.

I'm not trying to convince you that two weeks is not enough time and that it's wrong if you ask her out within two weeks. What I am trying to convince you is that to have set a date or deadline (I will wait ... days/weeks/months/years/etc. for us to do ... because we'll be ready by then) is not a good idea for the relationship. Sometimes you have to wait longer than you would like to. Sometimes you need to listen to your heart and make that crazy stupid decision that your heart yearns for. And during those in between times, you have the ability to move forward and still get to know her more.

I realize that distance is a bit of an issue, but ask your parents if you guys can figure out some way of hanging out once or twice. Not dates per se, but like meeting halfway and go bowling with your families or something silly like that. Your relationship can grow a lot while chatting over the internet, but it can't make up for genuine face time. Get some more time in person with her and especially with her family before you ask her out.

God-speed man, I really am rooting for you here.
[/quote]

He's been saying what he has been saying enough to convince me that he means what he says and he wouldn't say it if he didn't. As many praise him for, he has too much integrity for that.

Meeting her a few more times would be great, but there are problems. We're three hours away, my family doesn't know her family (Heck, [i]I [/i]don't know her family. I just know her sister and her sister's fiance), and I couldn't convince my family to do something like that even if they did know each other. My mother doesn't like making new friends and she doesn't want to make anymore (Her own words), and she's really introverted so getting her out to do anything is hard enough.

And I agree a set date is not the most important thing. Two weeks is if I feel I know her and she knows me well enough to do it. I just don't want to wait too long because the friendship manhole is a lurking danger. The good news is I'm looking into college and we both coincidentally want to go to the same college (I assure you it really is a coincidence), so if we did have a relationship prior to doing so and we were not able to have a lot of personal communication we could make up for all of it there.