An Old School Catholic Message Board

Futurepriest And Emily Sitting In A Tree Not Kissing

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352327988' post='2506093']
Meeting her a few more times would be great, but there are problems. We're three hours away, my family doesn't know her family (Heck, [i]I [/i]don't know her family. I just know her sister and her sister's fiance), and I couldn't convince my family to do something like that even if they did know each other. My mother doesn't like making new friends and she doesn't want to make anymore (Her own words), and she's really introverted so getting her out to do anything is hard enough.
[/quote]

I have to ask, is potentially getting into a relationship with those obstacles the wisest decision? Right now, you're dependent on your family. Long-distance relationships work best when both people commit to toughing it out [i]and they have the means to make it work. [/i]Right now, you'll only get to see this girl if you can persuade your parents to either take you to her, or let her visit. This is unfair to everyone involved, in my opinion.

Being apart is brutal, especially when love is involved. This is ultimately your decision, and I'm behind you no matter what you choose. But if I can give you any advice at all, it might be best to wait to get involved, at least until you have your license and your own vehicle. It would make a difficult situation at least a little easier on both of your hearts.

And don't worry about the friend zone. If her feelings are true, she won't be able to let you go, no matter how hard she tries.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352349515' post='2506400']
I have to ask, is potentially getting into a relationship with those obstacles the wisest decision? Right now, you're dependent on your family. Long-distance relationships work best when both people commit to toughing it out [i]and they have the means to make it work. [/i]Right now, you'll only get to see this girl if you can persuade your parents to either take you to her, or let her visit. This is unfair to everyone involved, in my opinion.

Being apart is brutal, especially when love is involved. This is ultimately your decision, and I'm behind you no matter what you choose. But if I can give you any advice at all, it might be best to wait to get involved, at least until you have your license and your own vehicle. It would make a difficult situation at least a little easier on both of your hearts.

And don't worry about the friend zone. If her feelings are true, she won't be able to let you go, no matter how hard she tries.
[/quote]

I've thought about that. But we can make it work, and it's only two years until we go to college (If I decide to go). Three hours isn't really that far away in Kansas terms. It is when neither of you has a car, but it can work. I'm willing to work with her if she thinks the distance is a problem, but I have to at least try. It's worth trying. If she wasn't worth the distance she simply wouldn't be worth it at all.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1352083672' post='2504240']
Because your name is FuturePriest387, not FutureHusband387.
[/quote]

his name is clearly referencing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hbw6RJyMoE

hence "priest" and "future". Im not sure where the 387 comes from, he would have been MUCH cooler if it was FuturePriest357

that would make him almost this cool
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ChqWU-FUvds/TETngjD0LbI/AAAAAAAAARQ/zbGvf8d4wjc/s1600/priest-gun.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1352352934' post='2506422']
his name is clearly referencing this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hbw6RJyMoE[/media]

hence "priest" and "future". Im not sure where the 387 comes from, he would have been MUCH cooler if it was FuturePriest357

that would make him almost this cool
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ChqWU-FUvds/TETngjD0LbI/AAAAAAAAARQ/zbGvf8d4wjc/s1600/priest-gun.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

The 387 is one of my favorite Bible verses, and it comes from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jdWH9N-JXI

PhuturePriest

[/quote]

Oh, and I forgot to mention. As for my mother, she would have no problem driving me to see her. She just doesn't really want to socialize with her parents or anybody else, for that matter. A quick hello and goodbye will be sufficient for her.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352356647' post='2506440']
You should get a job to pay for gas. :P
[/quote]

I do have a job. I've had it since I was really young. It doesn't pay much, but I could pay with gas. The thing is, though, my dad would never go for it. He would tell me to save it for dinner with Emily or something.

missionseeker

As long as you offer. :)

My mom does the same. I spend $45 on groceries, she "repays" me. $100.

It's hard in a way. But just you know. Always be grateful (and show them!) and you'll be fine. :)

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1352352934' post='2506422']

[/quote]

Reminds me of Fr. Gregori from Ravensholme in Half Life 2.

[img]http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/halflife2/ravenholm2/10.jpg[/img]

That is one of the best levels I have ever played, of any video game.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352093772' post='2504361']
People with bleak unhappy lives can never understand the joys and agonies of a young person in love. :proud:
[/quote]
[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1352095739' post='2504369']
I'm sorry, did you just suggest I have a bleak, unhappy life?
[/quote]

I was going to chime in, but perhaps I should think twice after this.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352096097' post='2504373']
Everyone has a bleak unhappy life until they meet Emily. :proud:
[/quote]
[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1352096259' post='2504375']
:x
[/quote]
Agree.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352097493' post='2504388']
Bahaha, I love being sappy. It's great fun.
[/quote]

Being sappy is only great fun when I'm the one being sappy.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1352224185' post='2505187']
Emily, I may or may not have thought this thread was about you before I read it. Forgive me. :hehe:
[/quote]
[quote name='Christina Thérèse' timestamp='1352230041' post='2505228']
:hehe2: Me too, Missy....
[/quote]

Yeah, me too...

Right now, you'll only get to see this girl if you can persuade your parents to either take you to her, or let her visit.
[/quote]

I think FP's parents would be enthusiast to do this and they would do even more miles if that means they won't have to take FP to the Seminary!!!!

brianthephysicist

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1352386146' post='2506524']
I think FP's parents would be enthusiast to do this and they would do even more miles if that means they won't have to take FP to the Seminary!!!!
[/quote]

I find it hard to believe that the parents of a 16 (is that right?) year old actively discerning the priesthood enough that they bought him a cassock and regardless of his discernment bring him along to all sorts of Catholic events would now be trying to sway him out of the seminary.