An Old School Catholic Message Board

Forget The President, What About The Marijuana?

dUSt

lol sorry brother Dust....I get to worked up over this....I already got a warning from the beautiful Lil red.....Don't smoke weed kids...

Edited by Guest

Can someone provide me a list of the people who think we have the right to stop people from using intoxicants, so that I can know who is wrong, on here? I don't want to read all this stuff before launching into my attacks against the moral busybodies.

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1352480622' post='2507217']
i suppose on this issue there is a fine line between liberty and totalitarian control---if weed is not exactly the same as crack or herion. legalization of marijuana should be accompanied by serious education and health warnings.
[/quote]
Should I go to prison if I damage my health?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1352480792' post='2507218']
Delivery Boy, I have a bad memory because I use to smoke a lot of weed in high school, but if I remember correctly, Knight and Apo asked to have their tags removed for some disagreement over the pope's shoes or something. They just haven't asked for them back yet. Of course, I could have just totally fabricated that and confused them with something else.
[/quote]

I recall that wild and crazy time, pointless division about silly stuff like football, the Pope's shoe and a rule that never was. I cannot speak for Apo but I never asked for my tag to be removed. I stated that I would always defend the truths of Mother Church. Then my tag was removed... I make the same pledge now and forever. If would please you and you would so gracious I would humbly accept the CM tag again. But its up to you man. Either way the pass is pass and my prayers for all pm'ers will never cease.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352481948' post='2507229']

[/quote]

Should it not be illegal to harm one's self?

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352481948' post='2507229']
[/quote]
You should go to prison if you damage someone elses health. So it should be illegal to supply it. If you want to grow it in yer backyard and rot yer brain out further that's yer own business. But don't drive a car or litter the street with yer presence.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1352481826' post='2507228']
Can someone provide me a list of the people who think we have the right to stop people from using intoxicants, so that I can know who is wrong, on here? I don't want to read all this stuff before launching into my attacks against the moral busybodies.
[/quote]

Can a Catholic provide proof from the Magisterium that says making pot not illegal is ok?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1352490059' post='2507286']
Should it not be illegal to harm one's self?
[/quote]

should it be illegal to eat too many saturated fats? Should it be illegal to skydive? To walk around alone after 3am in a city?

Koc sometimes I think you speak with a little to much (what comes off) as self appointed and self righteous authority for "mother church" whenever debating with you about something I always feel as if I'm being talked down to. Anyways have a nice day.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1352490587' post='2507290']

should it be illegal to eat too many saturated fats? Should it be illegal to skydive? To walk around alone after 3am in a city?
[/quote]

Does the Church say those things should be illegal like it says pot should be illegal?

Should it be legal to kill one's self? How far should the rationalization go?

Should it be illegal to get drunk ? To hurt your liver ? You seem to know nothing about marijuana yet speak as if you are an expert and talk down to everybody who doesn't agree with you. You make it seem its a black and white issue and that it MAYYYYY not be a mortal sin to use for medical reasons. People give you good counter arguments (not talking about mine) that it may not be such a black and white issue that you make it to be yet you don't take their arguements into consideration. You just go on speaking for "mother church" and telling everybody how it is.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1352490732' post='2507293']
Does the Church say those things should be illegal like it says pot should be illegal?

Should it be legal to kill one's self? How far should the rationalization go?
[/quote]

That is the question I'm asking you. I will accept the Church's teaching, but at this point I am still trying to understand it. Where IS the line? And why is marijuana on one side an alcohol on the other side? I KNOW the Church's says so, but why? On most issues there are lots of apologetics to help people understand, but on this one I am still confused.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352490928' post='2507295']
Should it be illegal to get drunk ? To hurt your liver ? You seem to know nothing about marijuana yet speak as if you are an expert and talk down to everybody who doesn't agree with you. You make it seem its a black and white issue and that it MAYYYYY not be a mortal sin to use for medical reasons. People give you good counter arguments (not talking about mine) that it may not be such a black and white issue that you make it to be yet you don't take their arguements into consideration. You just go on speaking for "mother church" and telling everybody how it is.
[/quote]

Why should I answer you when you do little more than judge and insult me?

It so happens this teaching is not easy for me to ear. If it were up to me pot would be legal. But the Church says otherwise and in the end all that matters to me on this is what Holy Mother Church teaches. If you can provide Church documents that counter those provided by Apo I am open to changing my hard head. If not... I will not.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1352491116' post='2507298']

That is the question I'm asking you. I will accept the Church's teaching, but at this point I am still trying to understand it. Where IS the line? And why is marijuana on one side an alcohol on the other side? I KNOW the Church's says so, but why? On most issues there are lots of apologetics to help people understand, but on this one I am still confused.
[/quote]

Ask Apo. I do not fully understand it all. I only accept it and I suppose poorly defend it.

K.O.C. first off sorry for the insults....Its out of line on my part....You're one of the most knowledgable phatmassers I've ever met about the Church and if God measured your holiness up to mine it would be like Jordan playing one on one with a 5th grader...Lucky for me Gods grace covers me and its not totally all about how good I can be. So I appreciate all you know but sometimes it just comes off (to me at least) self righteous and as if I'm being talked down too. I think apothonoun (sp) has been contested with his arguement and I don't think he's a clear cut victor in this debate. At any rate appologies for my rude comments and Godbless brother and at the end of the day I appreciate catholics like you. Because you challenge me to live my faith out a lot better then I do and to be holier. Godbless.

Edited by Guest