An Old School Catholic Message Board

Forget The President, What About The Marijuana?

dUSt

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1352342226' post='2506316']
Are you of eastern European ancestry?
[/quote]
Western actually. My family has a lot of Scottish in us...

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1352342147' post='2506311']

I've been following this debate, but I see it fit to get involved here.

I drink hard alcohol. I drink it a few times per week. I have never gotten drunk or lost any state of my mind (beyond perhaps exhaustion). Drinking hard alcohol is not the same as getting drunk. Hard alcohol in moderation does not have to be a problem.

And I'm not talking about the simple stuff either. One hundred proof vodka a common thing for me, but I like even stronger stuff. Hard alcohol is not inherently bad and does not have the same deleterious attributed to drugs.
[/quote] just as smoking marijuana in moderation doesn't have to be a problem...

Marijuana gets thrown into these hard drug categories and its a joke...marijuana is 100 times safer then alcohol...I have no problem with alcohol...not even hard over 100 proof liquor...but I do have a problem when people want to treat smoking a bowl like doing an 8ball or putting a needle in my arm....give me a break...if anything that's more like alcohol...for every guy like you who can drink hard liquor in moderation and not get drunk there's 10,000 who can't and it destroys their life and people in their lives...never mind all the innocent peole killed by these drunks...

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352342286' post='2506318']
alright I respect your opinion....but alcohol does a lot of harm too...I grew up with a parent who had a problem...along with uncles and my grandpa...my bestfriends brother died in a drunkdriving accident...alcohol does A LOT of bad things...A LOT...not saying to go smoke weed is the answer...but to say its worse then alcohol or even as bad is a joke to me...i too know what I'm talking about through life experiences..but regardless I respect your opinion and thanks for that...Godbless brother...
[/quote]I hear you, brother. I quit dealing and drugging when I fell in love with someone who didn't handle the alcohol so well. I'm lucky I don't have an addictive personality. I started drinking and smoking when I was 11. I was in bars at the age of 15, drinking. I've seen what drugs and alcohol can do in family and friends. Family that's disappeared. Jail, murder, ruined lives and families. Most I didn't see until later. You'd think that since I've been able to quit anything I decided to. Drugs, pot, alcohol, cigarettes, I would think anyone could if they wanted too. I don't.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352342598' post='2506321']
just as smoking marijuana in moderation doesn't have to be a problem...
[/quote]Not everybody can moderate. Why load an additional round in the chamber?

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352342598' post='2506321']
just as smoking marijuana in moderation doesn't have to be a problem...
[/quote]
[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352342749' post='2506323']
Marijuana gets thrown into these hard drug categories and its a joke...marijuana is 100 times safer then alcohol...I have no problem with alcohol...not even hard over 100 proof liquor...but I do have a problem when people want to treat smoking a bowl like doing an 8ball or putting a needle in my arm....give me a break...if anything that's more like alcohol...for every guy like you who can drink hard liquor in moderation and not get drunk there's 10,000 who can't and it destroys their life and people in their lives...never mind all the innocent peole killed by these drunks...
[/quote]My point was to say that what people do with the drug/alcohol is not necessarily indicative of the nature of the drug/alcohol.

Marijuana has been shown to be a drug. Even if it can be used in moderation, it is still considered a drug. There are reasons why doctors hesitate to give it to patients, even medicinally.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352344174' post='2506351']
But alcohol is not a drug ???
[/quote]
It's not a drug in the same sense that marijuana is a drug.

On my phone so I can't copy the link...but through an article on cnn a study done in london showed alcohol to be the most harmful drug out of 20 studied...placing ahead of crack and heroin...alcohol has caused so many deaths and problems...and again I'm not anti alcohol...but don't give me this alcohol is not a drug stuff...lol come on brother...

You say alcohol is not a drug like marijuana is...I agree...marijuana is by FAR safer and less harmful to the people who use it and the people around the user...Hands down not even close...

Anyhow I've prayed to the MOST HIGH about it so I'm good...Gonna get my medical card soon...And consume for theraputic medical reasons...shamone....

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352345003' post='2506362']
Anyhow I've prayed to the MOST HIGH about it so I'm good...Gonna get my medical card soon...And consume for theraputic medical reasons...shamone....
[/quote]

"Shamone"? Did you mean "shalom"? Maybe therapeutic medicine is not a good idea for you...

Edited by Norseman82

HisChildForever

I don't understand the fuss over marijuana. You can relax your mind and body without it. Meditation, massage, relaxation techniques. Hell, you can have a good time and enjoy a social gathering without it.

missionseeker

I'm not advocating that it should be used. Though I'm on the fence as to it sinfulness, I'm merely saying that I don't think the federal government has the right to tell states they can't make it legal. Just as I don't think the federal government has a right to tell a state it cannot opt out the HHS mandate or that it cannot make abortion illegal.

missionseeker

I'm not advocating that it should be used. Though I'm on the fence as to it sinfulness, I'm merely saying that I don't think the federal government has the right to tell states they can't make it legal. Just as I don't think the federal government has a right to tell a state it cannot opt out the HHS mandate or that it cannot make abortion illegal.