An Old School Catholic Message Board

Forget The President, What About The Marijuana?

dUSt

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352332226' post='2506192']
And there are many ways to ingest marijuana other then smoking it...
[/quote]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Nha0anmP3rI/UE5Ucbb5DTI/AAAAAAAAa90/kp6jyX8c_g4/s1600/cookie+monster.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352324535' post='2506009']
Why is alcohol different?
[/quote]
[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1352324646' post='2506012']
because Jesus drank wine with his apostles and didn't smoke weed with his disciples.. that's the difference...
[/quote]

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352326509' post='2506059']
hi apotheoun...show me where it specifically applies to marijauna...also what if I live somme where its been legal...does this still apply ?
[/quote]

As dominicansoul has pointed out, the Bible specifically allows the use of alcohol, even recreationally, as long as it is not abused. The same cannot be said about marijuana or any other drug.

Additionally, CCC 2291 specifically calls drug use grave matter when not used for therapeutic purposes.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1352332226' post='2506192']
And there are other ways to ingest marijuana other then smoking it...And God calls every seed bearing plant good and that it can be used for food...and its not posionous like some plants would be before you go there...
[/quote]

For FOOD, not smoking!!!!!

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1352336050' post='2506216']

Additionally, CCC 2291 specifically calls drug use grave matter when not used for therapeutic purposes.
[/quote]
[b]2291 [/b]The [i]use of drugs[/i] [u]inflicts very grave damage on human health and life.[/u] Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense.

Has this been demonstrated in the case of Marijuana?

Judging by the pro-stoner crowd here, youse all could make a hit movie: "Dude, where's my catechism?". At least with the money earned dUSt won't have to keep hitting us up for donations for a better server.

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1352336572' post='2506222']
[b]2291 [/b]The [i]use of drugs[/i] [u]inflicts very grave damage on human health and life.[/u] Their use, except on strictly therapeutic grounds, is a grave offense.

[/quote]

I'm sure someone can supply studies somewhere. I'll just supply the catechism and Bible quotes.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1352336572' post='2506222']

[/quote]

Plenty of people use marijuana to deal with chronic pain.

And honestly, guys, if you're going to pull out a commission's teaching on drugs for marijuana, reason demands that you apply the same standard to tobacco.

Tobacco has been routinely demonstrated to cause significantly more damage over the long term than pot, and has much fewer therapeutic benefits. Yet, I don't hear anyone complaining about pipes and cigarettes. Unless you're willing to get rid of those too, and acknowledge their use as sinful, you can't say the same thing about pot.

I'm familiar with that part of the catcechism norseman but heck caffine is a drug....so what about places where pot is legal...and alcohol is for sure a drug...and to your earlier post marijuana can be eaten...it can be added to foods...my only point is consuming it in and of itself is not sinfull...Don't have my Bible but Paul says to let no one judge you on food and drink...He says he is convinced that in Christ Jesus nothing is unclean in and of itself....but to the person who thinks its unclean it is ...anyhow I'm not for drug use...coke, meth, all that stuff is wrong and bad...but you're not gonna tell me sitting and drinking whiskey and other hard stuff is ok but smoking a bowl is not...

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352325094' post='2506022']
Studies seem to reject the idea that it is conceptually impossible to take marijuana in moderation.
[/quote]

anyone with even the slightest experience with the drug knows that it is not impossible to take in moderation. Everyone else, is frankly misinformed.

And let us be perfectly honest. Most of the people arguing against marijuana here have very little idea of what the drug actually does, and are conflating it with every other bad drug they can think of, like Acid, heroin, cocaine(but for some reason are not consistent enough to consider tobacco and alcohol in the same way). Most people here arguing against the legalization of pot are not doing so because of any legitimate concern of the law or public safety, but because they [i]dont like stoners.[/i]

And that just is not good enough.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1352337090' post='2506230']

Plenty of people use marijuana to deal with chronic pain.

And honestly, guys, if you're going to pull out a commission's teaching on drugs for marijuana, reason demands that you apply the same standard to tobacco.

Tobacco has been routinely demonstrated to cause significantly more damage over the long term than pot, and has much fewer therapeutic benefits. Yet, I don't hear anyone complaining about pipes and cigarettes. Unless you're willing to get rid of those too, and acknowledge their use as sinful, you can't say the same thing about pot.
[/quote]

Actually, the catechism does in fact state that abuse of tobacco is a sin.

Also, when was the last time you heard of someone getting the munchies after smoking a cigarette or pipe or cigar?

Jesus lol solid stuff...Really sorry about being a jerk in the past...You're a good dude...Peace brother...

Edited by Guest

Norseman what's wrong with the munchies ?? Lmbo really ?? And I don't get those when I smoke...But when I drink man can I eat a croutons load...no lie...