Freedom Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1352841292' post='2509359'] Well put! Agreed, but what you described as socialism seems a little more like communism in its actual form. The capitalism that you describe is a mix of socialism and capitalism (voluntary socialism in a capitalist society) which is a good balance, as neither alone is good. Many in the capitalist world do not give or only give enough to appease their conscience. I'm not wealthy, but I have more than my needs so even though I give generously I have still failed the lesson of the poor woman in the temple who gave up her daily meal for God. How hard it is for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven! But I'm sure that the rich that you quote will. [/quote] There is a huge difference between giving freely as the poor woman did in the bible and being extorted from, by the government. The socialist as you want to call them, force you to give or go to jail in the name of fairness and equality. Socialism is the vaseline that helps things slide through while being ripped off, if you know what I mean. We are giving our freedom up in order to embrace socialism. When you give freely it's called charity, when you are forced to give, it's called tax. Which one of the two do you like best? Also God gave us the freedom not to warship Him too, same way as not to give to charity if one is not willing. That is the ultimate freedom and God created us this way. The reason why America was the greatest country in the history of mankind, is because it has embraced capitalism, why change that? We have seen all the socialistic European countries do terrible and we all learn how bad socialism is thanks to them. Why follow the same failing path, you tell me. I rest my case.
Basilisa Marie Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 Things I did not say: [list] [*]Rich people are evil. [*]The Church loves socialism. [*]The Church things capitalism is evil. [/list] Things I did say:[list] [*]The most distinctive component of capitalism is that it's about making a profit. [*]The most distinctive component of socialism is that it's about redistribution of resources. [*]This is a huge over-simplification of both systems. [/list] Lots of people throw around "zomg we're becoming a socialist country!!!" without really knowing what that means. By casting socialism in a favorable light, and capitalism in a negative light, I tried to show that capitalism isn't just some objectively moral system. Either system only works when there are limits on them, and when people act altruistically.
GeorgiiMichael Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1352866754' post='2509668'] Things I did not say:[list] [*]Rich people are evil. [*]The Church loves socialism. [*]The Church things capitalism is evil. [/list] Things I did say:[list] [*]The most distinctive component of capitalism is that it's about making a profit. [*]The most distinctive component of socialism is that it's about redistribution of resources. [*]This is a huge over-simplification of both systems. [/list] Lots of people throw around "zomg we're becoming a socialist country!!!" without really knowing what that means. By casting socialism in a favorable light, and capitalism in a negative light, I tried to show that capitalism isn't just some objectively moral system. Either system only works when there are limits on them, and when people act altruistically. [/quote] Pure capitalism exploits the worker, pure socialism kills ingenuity. A healthy mix of both is generally accepted as the best solution. Also, what's wrong with heavy metal music?
PhuturePriest Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1352778376' post='2508946'] the antiChrist is in hardcore metal music.....and my nephew listens to it....... [img]http://prostheticrecords.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/skeletonwitch-breathing.jpg[/img] [/quote] I probably wouldn't like the music, but that is an amesome album cover.
Mark of the Cross Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352852335' post='2509517'] There is a huge difference between giving freely as the poor woman did in the bible and being extorted from, by the government. The socialist as you want to call them, force you to give or go to jail in the name of fairness and equality. Socialism is the vaseline that helps things slide through while being ripped off, if you know what I mean. We are giving our freedom up in order to embrace socialism. When you give freely it's called charity, when you are forced to give, it's called tax. Which one of the two do you like best? Also God gave us the freedom not to warship Him too, same way as not to give to charity if one is not willing. That is the ultimate freedom and God created us this way. The reason why America was the greatest country in the history of mankind, is because it has embraced capitalism, why change that? We have seen all the socialistic European countries do terrible and we all learn how bad socialism is thanks to them. Why follow the same failing path, you tell me. I rest my case. [/quote] Actually I don't mind paying tax as long as it's spent wisely. If it were voluntary then many people wouldn't pay and then that would mean they were budging on those who did. Society can't be completely free. I can't play loud music at 3am and have a barking dog. We all must conform to social discipline. What you are describing sounds more like fascism! If a group of people form a club and agree to share all expenses either by equal shares or by means, this is a socialist system and does not prevent a rich person from volunteering to pay a greater share. So really as others have said it is only the extremes that are bad. A mix of both is best.
Freedom Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1352866754' post='2509668'] Things I did not say:[list] [*]Rich people are evil. [*]The Church loves socialism. [*]The Church things capitalism is evil. [/list] Things I did say:[list] [*]The most distinctive component of capitalism is that it's about making a profit. [*]The most distinctive component of socialism is that it's about redistribution of resources. [*]This is a huge over-simplification of both systems. [/list] Lots of people throw around "zomg we're becoming a socialist country!!!" without really knowing what that means. By casting socialism in a favorable light, and capitalism in a negative light, I tried to show that capitalism isn't just some objectively moral system. Either system only works when there are limits on them, and when people act altruistically. [/quote] Just compare the two: America who has been the best, the most coveted, the richest, the most generous, helpful, strongest and most powerful country in the world, all that thanks to her capitalistic ideologies, to Europe who is soaking into it's miseries thanks to it's socialistic lifestyle. I have nothing more to add.
Freedom Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 Dealing with you guys makes me either want to shaddup or tell you the truth in your face and I opted for the second. You are nothing but leaches who are hiding behind big pompous lies. You just want to reach other peoples money, without any effort on your part, that's what you want and you also want to make it sound good because of your big ego. You take away my peace, you want to put all your burden on the achievers because you are nothing but losers and mooches. So instead of contributing to society, you want to sit on it's back and go for a ride. You should immigrate to Utopia or lala land in which you believe. Leave America alone, it's the land of the free, not the freebees... darn it.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352929947' post='2510031'] Never lend to PIIGS... [/quote] [quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352930880' post='2510040'] Dealing with you guys makes me either want to shaddup or tell you the truth in your face and I opted for the second. You are nothing but leaches who are hiding behind big pompous lies. You just want to reach other peoples money, without any effort on your part, that's what you want and you also want to make it sound good because of your big ego. You take away my peace, you want to put all your burden on the achievers because you are nothing but losers and mooches. So instead of contributing to society, you want to sit on it's back and go for a ride. You should immigrate to Utopia or lala land in which you believe. Leave America alone, it's the land of the free, not the freebees... darn it. [/quote] So are you saying that lending to PIIGS is a good idea?
Freedom Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1352930935' post='2510041'] So are you saying that lending to PIIGS is a good idea? [/quote] No, it's not a good idea. Why are you asking me that?
Nihil Obstat Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 Because after I said it you had a small conniption with no solid reference to anything in particular.
Freedom Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 I said everything I wanted to say and that feels good.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 (edited) Welp, as long as you do not lend to PIIGS anymore. Not even PIIGS are too big to fail. Edited November 14, 2012 by Nihil Obstat
Mark of the Cross Posted November 14, 2012 Posted November 14, 2012 [img]http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/mho_owen/SC20121115-084538.jpg[/img]
Basilisa Marie Posted November 15, 2012 Posted November 15, 2012 [quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352929747' post='2510030'] Just compare the two: America who has been the best, the most coveted, the richest, the most generous, helpful, strongest and most powerful country in the world, all that thanks to her capitalistic ideologies, to Europe who is soaking into it's miseries thanks to it's socialistic lifestyle. I have nothing more to add. [/quote] Please explain to me how capitalism demands charitable giving. Go on. I'll be waiting.
missionseeker Posted November 15, 2012 Posted November 15, 2012 [quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352929747' post='2510030'] Just compare the two: America who has been the best, the most coveted, the richest, the most generous, helpful, strongest and most powerful country in the world, all that thanks to her capitalistic ideologies, to Europe who is soaking into it's miseries thanks to it's socialistic lifestyle. I have nothing more to add. [/quote] Which I'm sure justifies the US to go into another country and start bombing it in order to promote said "values" and democracy? We blew your citizens to smithereens, but that's ok! We're the most generous and helpful country out there. Don't ya just love us?
Freedom Posted November 15, 2012 Posted November 15, 2012 [quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1352939837' post='2510115'] Please explain to me how capitalism demands charitable giving. Go on. I'll be waiting. [/quote] For Heavens sake, think for yourself, no wonder you need other peoples money. You don't bother to think. Just watch TV and you will see the difference between us and them, the Europeans. You don't need to go any further than that, watch stinkin' TV, hear the news, make some research, find out for yourself, like I did. Why do I have to teach you anything? In a capitalistic country, people thrive and get rich, in a socialistic country there is only poor and poorer. Only the corrupt upper class which is the governing class and their cronies, have all the money, the rest of the country are burning tires right now, they fight everybody and blame everybody except themselves. It's not a tragedy to be poor, it's a tragedy not to have a way out of it and that's what happened in Europe. Socialism has made it that there is no way out of being poor because the nanny government ran out of the achievers money. There is so much they redistribute from the working class. Please wake up and smell the roses. The best welfare anyone can give us, is to teach us to be self depending which socialism does not.
Basilisa Marie Posted November 15, 2012 Posted November 15, 2012 This is what you said: [quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352941367' post='2510124'] For Heavens sake, think for yourself, no wonder you need other peoples money. You don't bother to think. Just watch TV and you will see the difference between us and them, the Europeans. You don't need to go any further than that, watch stinkin' TV, hear the news, make some research, find out for yourself, like I did. Why do I have to teach you anything? In a capitalistic country, people thrive and get rich, in a socialistic country there is only poor and poorer. Only the corrupt upper class which is the governing class and their cronies, have all the money, the rest of the country are burning tires right now, they fight everybody and blame everybody except themselves. It's not a tragedy to be poor, it's a tragedy not to have a way out of it and that's what happened in Europe. Socialism has made it that there is no way out of being poor because the nanny government ran out of the achievers money. There is so much they redistribute from the working class. Please wake up and smell the roses. The best welfare anyone can give us, is to teach us to be self depending which socialism does not. [/quote] This is what I'm reading: "I spew raw vitriol at everyone who doesn't agree with everything I say because I have a dark hole in my psyche that can only be filled through trolling." I'm still waiting.
Marie-Therese Posted November 15, 2012 Posted November 15, 2012 [quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1352930880' post='2510040'] Dealing with[b] you[/b] guys makes me either want to shaddup or tell [b]you[/b] the truth in your face and I opted for the second. [b]You[/b] are nothing but leaches who are hiding behind big pompous lies. [b]You[/b] just want to reach other peoples money, without any effort on [b]your [/b]part, that's what [b]you[/b] want and[b] you[/b] also want to make it sound good because of[b] your[/b] big ego. [b] You [/b]take away my peace,[b] you [/b]want to put all [b]your[/b] burden on the achievers because[b] you[/b] are nothing but losers and mooches. So instead of contributing to society, you want to sit on it's back and go for a ride.[b] You [/b]should immigrate to Utopia or lala land in which [b]you [/b]believe. Leave America alone, it's the land of the free, not the freebees... darn it. [/quote] I'd be fascinated to know who exactly the "you" is that you were addressing in your diatribe. Also, one serious question...I'd like to know what job you are employed in, and how many years you've spent at said job, and the number of people you support with your paycheck, and what tax bracket you currently pay. Just a straightforward, easy to answer question.
Freedom Posted November 15, 2012 Posted November 15, 2012 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1352941322' post='2510123'] Which I'm sure justifies the US to go into another country and start bombing it in order to promote said "values" and democracy? We blew your citizens to smithereens, but that's ok! We're the most generous and helpful country out there. Don't ya just love us? [/quote] Listen, if you don't love America then get out of here. Stop villainizing us, you are vomiting hate all over our Country and I won't tolerate it. America has enough enemies as is without it's own citizen crucifying her. Countless women and men have died fighting for this wonderful Country and the least I can do is fight you. Don't ever address me again, if you have more croutons to say about our homeland go spit out this venom on somebody else.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now