An Old School Catholic Message Board

Top Ten Reasons Not To Be Catholic

dUSt

PhuturePriest

Wait, so Fp is a criminal fetus now? I am so confused...

Imagine how confused I am...

Wait a minute... I am... I unintentionally quoted God! :winner:

Groo the Wanderer

xlarge.jpg

oic  i post something like that and you move it to the derailing dump.

know what you should work on for lent...

1. Catholic claims about early Christian history are largely untrue.

2. The Bible is the only thing on this earth I recognize as infallible.

3. Peter is not shown in the Bible to act like a pope.

4. Some of the Church's practices are expressly forbidden in scripture.

5. (This is more culture than cultis--I'm not speaking of theologians, popes, etc.) When a Catholic goes to defend his doctrine he rarely takes up the Book and attempts to show from scripture the origins of his belief.

6. I do not think the Catholic Church is non-Christian, but I do think it is about as far from scripture as an institution can be and remain Christian (this will win me no friends, but I speak of here of the denomination not the lives of individual Catholics). Any further away from Revelation and Catholicism would be Mormonism.

I do not have ten reasons, obviously. Anything else would go back to one of the six I offered.

My brother finds me boring? Where shall I go? Mayhap to my lord he has promised to receive me even if my father and mother forsake me [Ps 27:10] (surely this includes even if my brother in Christ finds me boring and dismissively responds to my true opinions with odd emoticons).

Edited by Evangetholic

My brother finds me boring? Where shall I go? Mayhap to my lord he has promised to receive me even if my father and mother forsake me [Ps 27:10] (surely this includes even if my brother in Christ finds me boring and dismissively responds to my true opinions with odd emoticons).

Oh no, goodness. Perish the though. I am sure you are fascinating. I find your post painfully boring. But, of course, you are not your post.

HaruhiThumbs.jpg

FutureSister2009

all he good girls end up being nuns :P

And all the good guys become Priests. But I am one to talk since I am going to be a nun

missionseeker

And all the good guys become Priests. But I am one to talk since I am going to be a nun

That's not true. There a good, single men. There evil priests. To say "all the good guys become priests" or "all the virgins/nice girls" become nuns" is insulting to those who try to live good lives and are single. 

PhuturePriest

That's not true. There a good, single men. There evil priests. To say "all the good guys become priests" or "all the virgins/nice girls" become nuns" is insulting to those who try to live good lives and are single. 

People equate being nice with being a Priest, and being a scumbag with being single. That's not fair. I know plenty of Priests that would make excellent husbands and I know plenty of husbands that would make excellent Priests. Being good at one means you'll generally be good at the other, because they are both very similar to each other. They are both leadership and self-sacrificing roles, just in different ways. They are both fathering and spousal roles, just acted out differently. To say men that don't become Priests are automatically jerks is unbelievable.

They are all going to hell
They keep Jesus on the cross
They worship Mary
They worship saints
They think they can sin as much as they want and a few Hail Marys will fix it
They are all alcoholics
They don't believe in or reAd the bible
They are brainwashed from birth
They are only going through the motions, they don't know Jesus
They aren't Christian

...what I was taught as a child.

DiscerningCatholic

6. I do not think the Catholic Church is non-Christian, but I do think it is about as far from scripture as an institution can be and remain Christian (this will win me no friends, but I speak of here of the denomination not the lives of individual Catholics). Any further away from Revelation and Catholicism would be Mormonism.

Here's to hoping you're being sarcastic! :cheers: I haven't gone through all 14 pages of this thread and it's nearly impossible to tell who's being sarcastic on PM. :|

Edited by DiscerningCatholic