An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Line's Kitchen Table - Serving Up Randomness

AnneLine

I like that.  BLURT the little BUGGERS!!!!   :bash:

THEY SAY: 

Nobody is reading any of the stuff you put on that FLYLady Lenten Thread....

why bother to do it?  Just stop already....

I SAY:

Not true.  At least one person is reading it... and maybe MANY people. 

And I promised.  I try to keep my promises.  GO TO HELL.

THEY SAY:

Nobody will notice if you don't go to Mass... it's not like it's Sunday or anything....

I SAY:

If nobody will notice, why are YOU all over this.   I'm putting on my coat. GO TO HELL.

Posting in FLYLady thread also serves as a good archive and record of YOUR progress, Annie ... you don't always need an audience! :) Advice from a writer.

I invited a bunch of orphans over for dinner, and we had a great meal!!!!

Made some KILLER beef stroganoff with the tale end of stuff in my fridge.  (yup, I ATE the orphans....)

Had a bunch of bits and pieces of stuff that would have been trash tonight if it hadn't been a great dinner last night.

Here's what I did....

Assembled the orphans at attention:

1/4 lb hamburger (very lean) (would have preferred just some sliced beef, but hey, it's left overs...!)

6 mushrooms (tired but still serviceable)

1/2 c. sour cream (tale end of some we used for a different dish...)

1/4 c or so of frozen spinach (tale end of the bag - why don't we just cook the last serving....)

1 TBSP butter (OK, yeah, it really could have been on the supporting cast list (below) but; it was the last of its kind and left over in the butter dish... hated to keep it or toss it because I wanted to wash the dish!)

(you could also use a bit of olive oil instead....)

Then found some friends in the cupboard and fridge to help them showcase their possibilities:

1 TBSP dried onion flakes

2-3 cloves of garlic, cut very coursly (not as garlicy if you do that, hint, hint....)

as needed, salt and pepper to taste

a few dashes of paprika (ads color and a subtle little flavor)

A little bit of water - about 1/4 cup

1 tsp 'better than boullion' (and it really is!!!)  I used the vege because it was open, but my favorite is the turkey.  But all of them are much less salty than boullion and work beautifully to add flavor to things..... (and aren't bad in a cup with water either!)

41DJmmiBOZL.jpg

Browned the hamburger in a frying pan with the butter and spices on medium low.  Added the water, onion and garlic, and cooked till the garlic was soft, and the onion had re-hydrated, and there isn't much if any water left.   Doesn't take long (and  be sure not to burn the onion!).

Add the sliced mushrooms and frozen spinach right at the end of the cooking.  (you don't have to thaw it... it will cook in the hot mixture).   Cook on ONLY until the spinach is thawed and bright green - you don't want to overcook that spinach!

Turn off the pan and add the sour cream; mix just until mixed.  Taste; adjust for salt/pepper/paprika if necessary.

Served it over jasmine rice (my favorite of the white rices), but it would be equally good over noodles, or by itself with some garlic bread.

Looked a lot like this!

8794795-beef-stroganoff-over-white-rice-

Also had the remaining glass of orphaned wine from the night before!

NOT BAD!!! Not bad at all!!!!

Yum.  

Edited by AnneLine

Just found this on you-tube... also posted it in the VS thread on Dominican Rite Mass.

It's NOT about the Dominican Rite Mass -- but it IS about restoring the pipe organ at St. Dominics.

Interesting stuff... and beautiful pix of the Parish.  However, photoclips at least are a few years old... you can see in places scaffolding and windows covered with hangings because there is no glass in them!   They from when they were being releaded and repaired.  (I actually think the video is old, too, even though just posted recently... I think that renovation was done about 8 or 9 years ago... but they're probably still trying to get it paid off. 

But it is interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jv-tWx9z8

Annie, your cooking always excites me. This is coming from a girl who just conquered eggs. 

When I finally make it out West, we should cook together. I follow directions well. :like:

Cool.   I've also been known to cook WITH someone over a telephone.  (and not ARFink, either)

Someone who hadn't ever cooked ANYTHING and wanted to get started.  WE mastered eggs together.

What ya want to cook?

(and this thread isn't just about cooking... but it seems to interest people.....)

Some of you may like this.  It is a link to a really neat website.  It is called BibleWalks.

http://www.biblewalks.com/index.html

It is a map of Israel and nearby countries with all sorts of interactive links. 

You can look up people and places, and see photos of the exact spot being talked about in the scriptures.  

It will help your bible reading and general study come alive!!!!

From the website:

"Welcome to the home page of the Holy Land sites review - a gateway to the Land of the Bible, home of the New and Old Testaments. Packed with original images and information, it highlights the wonders and charm of the region and its relevance to the historical and biblical roots."

"The sites featured in BibleWalks pages are located in the Holy Land. These include Biblical places (such as Megiddo and Mount Tabor); Christian sites that follow Jesus footsteps (New Testament sites such as Nazareth, Banias, Jerusalem and Capernaum); Roman and Crusader forts (such as Acre); historical places (such as Gamla and Masada), and other selected archaeological and religious sites in Israel."

galileemapsmall.jpg

Each one of those spots is 'clickable' on their website.  It's fascinating!  Give it a try!

Sheesh, you're right, Missy!

I've been too busy with the

FLYLady for Lent

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/127033-lenten-flylady-challenge-from-anneline/?p=2550406

and

Novena for Baby Leo

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/127316-prayers-for-baby-leo-a-novena-for-healing/?p=2550504

threads in Open Mic I guess!

I've also had Mr. AnneLine home for 3 days!!!!   So.... falling behind on a LOT of stuff.

Will try to do better in next day or so.

Right now just want a cup of coffee (and I will watch those coffee grounds!) and then a quiet night to just read and rest... and chat with friends.  Sounds lovely....

800px-Cappuccino_in_Tokio.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

For you. 

313733_618546021496304_368637782_n.jpg

Wow.  That's powerful.  Definitely on the table for dinner tonight.  Thank you.