An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anne Line's Kitchen Table - Serving Up Randomness

AnneLine

brianthephysicist

Ok so continuing to hi-jack Phil's thread, I decided to come on over to the table here and give you an update. (hope you don't mind AL)

So today was a hard day. My sisters rights and the fathers rights were all terminated. After my trip to Texas, and meeting with the foster family, speaking with my oldest niece, decided she was best to stay there as that was her desire. She had been ripped up so many times, I did not want to put her through that again unless I was sure I could provide a better home. The foster family are practicing Catholics. Praise God. I still think about her everyday and am broken hearted. I know my weakness is guilt, so I must fight it. The younger two will be adopted by another family member and his wife. I will probably be moving in with them for a year or so to help during the time of transition. (The have 3 other children). So looks like I will be moving back to the Midwest and getting a real job. Please pray for all involved and that I could find a job. Thank you all for your support, prayers, and kindness during this difficult time. 

*Hugs*

Good luck out there.  We'll be praying for you.  

Do you know when you'll be leaving?

To Jesus Through Mary

*Hugs*

Good luck out there.  We'll be praying for you.  

Do you know when you'll be leaving?

Thank Brian! A week or two or a few months. It really depends on what the home assessor says, if I need to be there for the assessment or if they just need to do a background check and how fast Ohio moves to place the kids with them. The interstate agreement makes things a little tricky. 

Please pray for some members of my family who are pretty mad at me for not adopting and just all the guilt/regret that is plaguing me now. That I be as loving as possible. Also that I find a job quickly when I get there. There are so many things to take into account in this, but I know God is still in control. He keeps proving that.

Tried an experiment that worked SO WELL I had to share it -- tortilla pizzas.

Bounced off an idea I saw on a different website -- the person who did it insisted you HAD to use a cast iron skillet in the oven, but I tried it with a corningware baking dish (heavy crockery) and it worked BEAUTIFULLY.... and I would think it would also work with a glass or heavy baker of any kind.

YOu put Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Put a wheat tortilla in the pan (no oil, no nuthin) and put 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (I used some basil and tomato pasta sauce, and it worked great) on the center of the torilla and spread it around, leaving 1 inch of empty tortilla at the edge.  The receipe was from a vegetarian site, so they said just  use some shredded mozzarella cheese and toppings... but I used some left over sliced provolone and the last few slices of salami.  Put it in the center of the oven for AT LEAST 15 minutes said the other site -- found for me it was 20.... and WOW it was REALLY GOOD thin crust pizza!!!

I would prefer the thick crust, but this worked, and better for my (lack of) waistline.....

AND... this (below) looked wonderful when it was posted a few days back... it got slipped onto the previous page... I want to try this SOON!!!!

Semi-related, I told B I want to make this for him:

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/grands-pepperoni-pizza-bake/a3d058ba-4746-4ed6-932f-4d7af3d913cd

He is going to let me do all kinds of food experiemts on him. I'm so excited. :evil:

^^ AnneLine, you just discovered one of my favorite fast ways to make pizza. :)

You know what else I like to use instead of a tortilla though? A middle-eastern style flatbread. Like this:

Flatbreads.JPG

Less oily than a tortilla, and it is about the closest I have ever come to mimicking the crust from my favorite defunct pizza place ever, Grampa Tony's. We get ours here: http://www.stpaulflatbread.com/

brianthephysicist

Thank Brian! A week or two or a few months. It really depends on what the home assessor says, if I need to be there for the assessment or if they just need to do a background check and how fast Ohio moves to place the kids with them. The interstate agreement makes things a little tricky. 

Please pray for some members of my family who are pretty mad at me for not adopting and just all the guilt/regret that is plaguing me now. That I be as loving as possible. Also that I find a job quickly when I get there. There are so many things to take into account in this, but I know God is still in control. He keeps proving that.

*hugs*

I'll continue to pray for you and your family.  Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Tried an experiment that worked SO WELL I had to share it -- tortilla pizzas.

Bounced off an idea I saw on a different website -- the person who did it insisted you HAD to use a cast iron skillet in the oven, but I tried it with a corningware baking dish (heavy crockery) and it worked BEAUTIFULLY.... and I would think it would also work with a glass or heavy baker of any kind.

YOu put Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Put a wheat tortilla in the pan (no oil, no nuthin) and put 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (I used some basil and tomato pasta sauce, and it worked great) on the center of the torilla and spread it around, leaving 1 inch of empty tortilla at the edge.  The receipe was from a vegetarian site, so they said just  use some shredded mozzarella cheese and toppings... but I used some left over sliced provolone and the last few slices of salami.  Put it in the center of the oven for AT LEAST 15 minutes said the other site -- found for me it was 20.... and WOW it was REALLY GOOD thin crust pizza!!!

I would prefer the thick crust, but this worked, and better for my (lack of) waistline.....

AND... this (below) looked wonderful when it was posted a few days back... it got slipped onto the previous page... I want to try this SOON!!!!

That sounds amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

He he he   :blush:

Well.... a  little column ad worked for me... but it WAS 20 years ago... and I was and am a cheap date:

/============================/

Friday, February 14, 1992

Dearest L_____, I know

I've been a pain at times

but I think your the

greatest.  Will you

marry me? - M____

P.S. Patience is a virtue.

With Love

And WE are getting ready to celebrate our 20th Anniversary on May 1st!!!!!

To Jesus Through Mary

Well.... a  little column ad worked for me... but it WAS 20 years ago... and I was and am a cheap date:

Dearest L_____, I know

but I think your the

greatest.  Will you

marry me? - M____

With Love

Awwwww 20 years. Way awesome AL. :love:

To Jesus Through Mary

Dearest L_____, I know

but I think your the

greatest.  Will you

marry me? - M____

With Love

Awwwww 20 years. Way awesome AL. :love:

Happy anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. AnneLine! Praying for many more years of blessing and happiness for you both. :blowkiss: :flowers:

Don't forget to eat delicious food today. And then tell us all about it. :wave:

Too busy to post much today... .but having a lot of fun.  Check out some photos in open mic....

Promise to get back to you, and thanks for the well wishes Missy & ARFink!

• 3 weeks later...
To Jesus Through Mary

Soooo I am not sure how this thread ended 3 pages back! How are you? How is Mr. AL doing?

So I thought I would give a quick update. I am all moved in to my brothers house on the outskirts of Dayton. It has been a very busy week sending out resumes, getting the house ready for our home inspection this week, keeping up with my nieces, and trying to find a decent parish. Today my brother took me out to teach me how to drive a stick, as that is what I will be driving while I am here. I didn't do to bad. 

My whole family is protestant, and my brother is a very good debater and very much a Calvanist. Anyway, we were driving today he was complaining how protestants get so upset if the lesson they are learning about isn't centered around a scripture passage... that they discount it based off of it not being directly in scripture. So I was quiet for a min, and then said "Well isn't that the natural ramification of Sola Scirptura?" He said something, then got quiet. Then said "I am going to have to think about that. That is a very good question." He has never said that to me before, and heaven knows it wasn't me. I am not super quick in apologetic situations. Please pray that while I am here I represent the faith well. I am a pretty weak person. It is so easy to be super devout when it is apart of my job, but now this is the world. 

Tomorrow I go get finger printed and interviewed for the adoption process. I really hope we will get them here soon. Like in the next month. It is frustrating that they are in foster care when they could be with us. 

Anyway, thank you again for your prayers. We should Skype again sometime. Although I might have a little one- or two hanging off of me while we chat!