An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Benedict Resigning

add

Does anybody else feel sick to your stomach? For most of today I forgot this happened and then whoop all at once remembered.

Not really. For me, once the initial shock wore off, I was feeling pretty decent.
Nervous, but hopeful too. There are several great men with a good shot at being chosen.

Ash Wednesday

Does anybody else feel sick to your stomach? For most of today I forgot this happened and then whoop all at once remembered.

When I first heard it in the news where it was breaking on the BBC but no reason for resignation was given, I felt completely sick and my heart was pounding.

Now after the fact, my thoughts are settled. Nonetheless, we live in such strange times.

Go eat a pÄ…czki before midnight and you will feel better.

HisChildForever

Can someone tell me why Cardinals lose the right to enter the conclave at age 80?  I suspect it's from a decline in mental cognition but I can't find anything to answer this question.

Maybe it has to do with travel and safety.

Maybe it has to do with travel and safety.

They are expected to attend, if health allows. They leave when the extra omnes is declared.

I'm not nervous or anxious. I'm just going to miss Benedict. :( Really sad and happy for the new Pontiff at the same time.

I don't understand why anyone is nervous or anxious. You think the Holy Spirit isn't up to the job?

Wellllllllll, let us not fool ourselves here. A very bad pope is far from impossible. History proves that well enough.

I do not think that will be the case for several well-founded reasons, but the possibility does exist.

Wellllllllll, let us not fool ourselves here. A very bad pope is far from impossible. History proves that well enough.

I do not think that will be the case for several well-founded reasons, but the possibility does exist.

We've been blessed with a recent string of very good popes.  It's easy to overlook the fact that a bad pope is a real, albeit unlikely, possibility.