An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Benedict Resigning

add

HisChildForever

I think speculation about the next pope is both exciting and enlightening, especially in such a rare case where it is not tempered by mourning.

Yeah, seriously. Besides, this is a discussion board. People discuss things.

Basilisa Marie

Ugh can we please not turn this thread into an anti-altar girls, anti-communion in the hand, anti-standing to receive thread?  

As a former altar girl who always receives communion standing and sometimes in the hand, I'd appreciate it.  

Thanks. 

I like Oullet. :)

Ugh can we please not turn this thread into an anti-altar girls, anti-communion in the hand, anti-standing to receive thread?  

As a former altar girl who always receives communion standing and sometimes in the hand, I'd appreciate it.  

Thanks. 

I like Oullet. :)

Did I miss some posts or was my troll!Pope really that successful?

Huh? Someone said they didn't know who Arinze was so I posted the first couple YouTube videos I found so they could see how he speaks and stuff. Geesh.

inunionwithrome

pope lightning

popelightning_zps2ebf4042.jpg

Do you think God was trying to tell us something? He already knew what had or was going to happen. He created all of us to serve Him. Jesus promised an Advocate, the Holy Spirit, someone to help us here on earth after He had died. It is in the wisdom, understanding, knowledge, fortitude, and other gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit that Pope Benedict XVI selected his resignation as being what is best for the Church. We should all honor that and do what we can (praying) for all that is holy.

KnightofChrist

Huh? Someone said they didn't know who Arinze was so I posted the first couple YouTube videos I found so they could see how he speaks and stuff. Geesh.

Whatever you say traddy. :p Arinze is one of the ones I hope will replace Benedict XVI.

Being humble is asking for help, not giving up.

This is so sad, God bless him, he has the true well-being of the Church at heart, and loves her dearly. "Giving up" is far from the reality of the situation and I am sad to see it referred to in those terms.

ithinkjesusiscool

when will they elect o new pope? when will you have to be in Rome if you wish to attend the habemus papam ceremony?

when will they elect o new pope? when will you have to be in Rome if you wish to attend the habemus papam ceremony?

IIRC, the projected start date of the Conclave is March 17. Canon law specifies an interregnum period, which in this case is somewhat shortened due to the lack of mourning days. In theory the Conclave could take many days, even weeks, but it will probably not last longer than four days.

HisChildForever

I believe someone mentioned that 2 weeks after the resignation conclave will begin. But no one knows how long it will take after that. A new Holy Father could be elected in two days or two weeks.

Does anyone remember how long it took for B16 to be elected? I want to say 5 days but I'm not sure.

I believe someone mentioned that 2 weeks after the resignation conclave will begin. But no one knows how long it will take after that. A new Holy Father could be elected in two days or two weeks.

Does anyone remember how long it took for B16 to be elected? I want to say 5 days but I'm not sure.

"The conclave began on 18 April 2005 and ended on the following day after four ballots."
From Wikipedia.