An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

PhuturePriest

BAD COPY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND SCIENCE. IT HURTS.

I'm sure my high school science education can save the day!

missionseeker

I need prayers today. My head hurts like a boss. I cannot take any decongestant. I think I have an ear infection (but am on antibiotics for a sinus infection, so hopefully that'll clear both up?). I'm just feeling generally unwell today. I have to go to work because I have to drive my aunt and uncle to Dothan 2 times this week and so I can't afford to not go to work. 

BAD COPY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND SCIENCE. IT HURTS.

I'm sorry, but stop yelling. missionseeker's head hurts.

God bless you missionseeker. I hope your head feels better.

I hope you feel better, mission. And I know the feeling about not taking meds -- I've been coughing a lot again lately but don't want to use my inhaler for pretty much the same reason. :console:

It's good practice for pregnancy, I guess. :|

Is there something you are not telling us?

:hehe: :stubborn:

She needs lots of practice...?

Pretty much this. :topsy: I am one of those people that has always gone to the doc and gotten medicine when I'm sick. 

Pretty much this. :topsy: I am one of those people that has always gone to the doc and gotten medicine when I'm sick. 

That's very American.  

Yeah, it is. 

Interviewed the vet again and FINALLY got the clarity I need to tell my pet story well. Now to tear down the wall of writer's block, and then go home to enjoy this weather! I wore my most favorite spring outfit and sandals. Today I feel genuinely beautiful and happy. One day at a time...

Edited by MissyP89

Annie, I'm sorry to be serious, but I meant it when I said I don't want to talk about that thread here. It's a sensitive area for me right now. <3 Thanks for understanding. :buddies:

Edited by MissyP89

OK, and I apologize. 

(It's sad that thread (and so many like it) take such a stupid turn.  Just sad.)

And you did make it clear, and I guess I crossed the line. 

I'm glad you are having a good day, and I'm glad you wore your favorite outfit!

There are reasons why it happens. It's unfortunate, and I SO wish we could have an honest, reasonable discussion about it, because I really rely on the wisdom of this community.

But if anything, all the different opinions have only confused me more. I have a lot of baggage surrounding the modesty issue, and I've actually decided recently that the best thing to do is avoid those threads completely. I need to forget everyone else's opinions and do what is best for me, my relationship with God, and my relationship with Brian.

I'll have to talk to you about this more when we can finally catch up. :bounce:

PhuturePriest

Really? I've never gone to the doctor for being sick. I didn't even go to the doctor when I was hit by a car. :P

brianthephysicist

I got a free lunch on the department's bill today because I was invited to lunch with one of the prospective students they're trying to recruit to our department.  After watching me say grace silently, he asked if I was religious.  I responded that I am, and that I'm a Roman Catholic.  A smile lit up his face and he said he is too and we talked about Mass on campus, the Catholic club on campus, how often Fr. D is around for confession and spiritual direction, prayer and fellowship opportunities through the week.  

This semester, they've always scheduled these lunches while I'm in class, but for some reason they moved it around today.  God's little movements here and there always astound me.

Off to lab!