An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

elizabeth09

I found a  blog post by a Pro-Life Doctor discussing the WI-38 cell line when used in the Rubella portion of the MMR vaccine. 

I totally understand someones problems with taking a vaccine made in this way, but I think the Doctor gives a somewhat different perspective that is worth reading about.

http://www.drwalt.com/blog/2008/07/09/vaccine-myth-13-vaccinations-are-made-from-aborted-babies/

Crosscut, are you trying to tell me that you agree with me, then?

homeschoolmom

Why does every thinks that vaccines are good when before vaccines, everything was better.

Why do you think everything was better?

If that is what she thinks I agree with Im not sure how that was interpreted from the blog post I linked to. 

Why does every thinks that vaccines are good when before vaccines, everything was better.

Everything was better back when people were dying of preventable diseases? Really?

I interpreted as you were against vaccination all together.

Not the case at all. The current topic was about denying the Rubella Vaccine based on moral grounds considering that SOME (not all) of the MMR II vaccines are produced from a cell line called WI-38 which are cells from an aborted fetus.

The blog post I linked was of a pro-life doctor explaining that while he understands the moral stance to refuse such vaccine, he doesnt believe it is immoral to accept them. It is like accepting an donor organ for your child from someone who died from murder. The murder was tragic and terrible, but the organ is ok.

He doesnt believe that taking the vaccine means you condone abortion.

Edited by CrossCuT

havok579257

You may have a point, but vaccines do more damages then you are thinking that they do.  Memories that we wish we never had.  Some of my earliest memories were going to speech therapy.   At least with a seat belt, you have a greater change with survive then with vaccines.  Why does every thinks that vaccines are good when before vaccines, everything was better.

because millions if not billions of deaths have been prevented by vaccines.  Here's the thing, you have absolutely no scientific evidence to support your claims about vaccines.  You have bee shown scientific evidence why your point is wrong.  You refuse to believe it and think that your right.  Your starting to sound crazy, you know that right.  Its one thing to deny use of vaccines on moral grounds but its completely another thing to deny scientific fact nad claim you are right when you have absolutely no evidence to back up your points. 

The bigger issue at hand, and I think it can be said for many other topics as well, that there is a huge disconnect between the science educated population and the science illiterate. I dont mean to say that to be harsh or to point fingers with blame, I just understand that there is a communication barrier there.

Science in some respects can almost be considered its own language in certain contexts but those contexts are not understood by the average person. 

We ALL function the exact same however...we are all scientists because we are observing our surroundings and trying to understand how certain things effect our life.

Due to the fact that not everyone has a science background, it is easy to mistakenly accept the observations of pop culture media when there is a huge emotional note connected to it. We can ALL identify with the fears of getting sick, contracting a disease, or much much worse, but it is NOT ok to refuse a deeper look into the subject when such things like health and safety are on the line. 

It is a huge disservice to ourselves and to others to turn a blind eye to great medical advances that have been proven to work on the grounds of erroneous emotional values that are attributed to something we dont understand. We are treading on thin ice and it is important that we dont help melt it.

It is important to me and to a lot of other people to help try and make this gap smaller and help people understand what the heck us nerds are talking about and why we are saying ITS OK!!!!

elizabeth09

Everything was better back when people were dying of preventable diseases? Really?

People have stronger immune bodies, then, because they are not eating the way we are eating today.

because millions if not billions of deaths have been prevented by vaccines.  Here's the thing, you have absolutely no scientific evidence to support your claims about vaccines.  You have bee shown scientific evidence why your point is wrong.  You refuse to believe it and think that your right.  Your starting to sound crazy, you know that right.  Its one thing to deny use of vaccines on moral grounds but its completely another thing to deny scientific fact nad claim you are right when you have absolutely no evidence to back up your points. 

http://thepeopleschemist.com/reasons-dont-vaccinate-children-vaccine-supporters-shouldnt-give/

elizabeth09

If vaccination work, how come then, the girl died and I had that reaction then the a vaccination?

elizabeth09

No, but because of the vacation, I cannot talk for some time.  Because of my mom, I can talk on my own.

Archaeology cat

CrossCut, I agree that many do not examine the data. I try to look at primary sources whatever subject I'm studying, including vaccines, as I don't trust second-hand information.

Elizabeth, I can understand your distrust, and that of your mother. After all, my eldest had a serious reaction to the DTaP (he can have Td, but not pertussis vaccines now). Even though that happened, I wouldn't say the DTaP is bad or tell people not to get it, nor do I think a decision to avoid (or get) a vaccine or treatment should be made out of fear. I do think parents should have the freedom to decide for themselves, hopefully after looking at the actual data. And I wish those who do refuse some/all vaccines weren't demonized in the press or written off as uneducated/ignorant. But we cannot take one example, or even a few, and extrapolate that to the entire population or tell people what medical decisions to make. After all, I cannot tell people to avoid lidocaine simply because I am allergic to it. I know this is a topic that is close to your heart, for understandable reasons.

God bless