An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

Roamin Catholic

Myths about vaccines
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/09/10/debunking-vaccine-myths/#.UXCrALVJOkI

ROFL!!!!

This one you posted??? It is in support of vaccines.

Debunking vaccine myths
By Phil Plait | September 10, 2012 9:30 am
My friend Dr. Rachael Dunlop is a tireless promoter of science and fighter of antivaccination propaganda. I somehow missed this when she wrote it last November, but she put together a fantastic article tearing apart a whole passel of antivax lies: "9 vaccination myths busted. With Science". It’s basically one-stop shopping for the truth about vaccines.

We need people talking about the need for vaccines more than ever right now. Measles cases have nearly doubled over last year in the UK. My hometown of Boulder is suffering through an outbreak of pertussis. California is on its way to having serious epidemics due to lower vaccination rates. In North Carolina just a few days ago, a two month old infant died from pertussis.

Let me repeat that: babies die because of diseases that can be prevented by a simple vaccination. Factually-bereft antivaxxers – cough cough Meryl Dorey cough – claim that no one dies from these diseases any more. They are wrong.

Antivaccination beliefs are bad science, pure and simple. Vaccines don’t cause autism. They don’t have toxins in them that can hurt you in the doses given. They don’t overtax the immune system. Read Rachie’s article to get the truth.

What vaccines do is save millions, hundreds of millions, of lives. They protect us from diseases that used to ravage entire populations. And they save babies’ lives.

We need to keep up our herd immunity if we are to keep ourselves healthy, and that includes adults. Talk to your board-certified doctor and see if you need a booster. Please.

Roamin Catholic

Tried my best to find them.  Been up since 6 this morning.  I am still against them

Ok? I've been up since 5am and it was still obvious.

Also, like many others; I'm still waiting for you to actually show us scientific proof that vaccines don't work. A random blog entry doesn't count as a solid source FYI.

I think it has been made clear that elizabeth09 is against vaccines because her mother told her that vaccines caused her (& other people) harm.  IMHO, asking her to produce case-controlled double blind clinical trials to back up her position is pointless. 

Nihil Obstat

I think it has been made clear that elizabeth09 is against vaccines because her mother told her that vaccines caused her (& other people) harm.  IMHO, asking her to produce case-controlled double blind clinical trials to back up her position is pointless.

Also there is the fact that such studies do not exist. But yes.

havok579257

if she wants to claim she doesn't use vaccines because of personal experience then fine.  although she is claiming that it is a fact that vaccines are bad for children and harm children.  when someone claims something as fact, it should not be to much to ask them to back up their claims.

havok579257

That is only 808 cases of measles.  Have you ever gotten measles?

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/timelines/polio

elizabeth are you ever going to show us these facts about vaccines hurting children?  all you've done is show us blog posts of people's opinions and even articles to disprove your own stance.  if its true that vaccines harm children then there would be facts to back it up.  i would love to see these scientific facts please.

havok579257

so you obviously due not understand the term scientific data.  the article is one case.  i can also find one case where nearly every thing man made has killed someone.  does that mean that its proof that such items, such as a tv kill people?  no, it means they are statistical outliers who have had a freak accident happen to them and it is not the norm.

ok, honest question.  do you have true scientific data to back up your claims of vaccines hurting children or not?  if you say you don't, ok then end of story and you just don't like vaccines for personal reasons.  although if you have scientific data to back up your claims I and many others on here would love to see it.  show us the studies, the case reports where children die from vaccines.  if not i think its time to conceed your point about having evidence to back up your claim vaccines hurt children.

Archaeology cat

Elizabeth, I'd encourage you to look at the studies, not blogs. Blogs aren't going to help your case, as they just aren't good sources.