An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

elizabeth09

I do agree that parents should have the right to vaccines their children or not, its just that I am trying to get the truth about vaccines out there so that way parents could have second thought about it before it really happens to their children.  With my story, I want people to hear/read what I have to say about the topic.  I was not hoping that this will go this far, or may it into a depate.

You need to consider what meaning your trying to get across to people. This is a very serious issue that shouldnt be taken lightly. If you have a problem with vaccines do some personal research or talk to a professional before you attempt to dissuade people from taking vaccines so that you know that the things you are communicating isnt a false, emotional induced fear of something good.

CrossCut, I agree that many do not examine the data. I try to look at primary sources whatever subject I'm studying, including vaccines, as I don't trust second-hand information.

What do you consider a secondary source?

Do you often read the research reports directly? 

What about schooling? I have studied these things quite a bit...would I be considered secondary? Or the education secondary?

Seems like this is a more deep rooted fear than just vaccines, people are so incredible suspicious that its ridiculous.

I do understand the discretion of looking online though. There is a TON of crap out there, but if you know how to find reliable sources, then there shouldnt be any fear that people are trying to mislead you.

I promise I am not.

That data is clearly a lie meant to mislead you into getting vaccines which will ultimately result in your slow and painful death.

Maybe the vaccines arent protecting us from diseases...maybe the vaccines ARE the diseases???

fides' Jack

I rarely look at primary sources, mainly because I rarely care about the material in question enough to do so.

Sources from media are almost always incorrect, and absolutely always biased, but in every story I think there's at least an element of truth, especially with something as hyped up as this is.

Yes, I think it's been shown that there is no significant direct correlation between the MMR shot and autism - but autism is definitely on the rise, and I would love to know why.  We may find that there is perhaps an indirect correlation here

I rarely look at primary sources, mainly because I rarely care about the material in question enough to do so.

Sources from media are almost always incorrect, and absolutely always biased, but in every story I think there's at least an element of truth, especially with something as hyped up as this is.

Yes, I think it's been shown that there is no significant direct correlation between the MMR shot and autism - but autism is definitely on the rise, and I would love to know why.  We may find that there is perhaps an indirect correlation here

So let me get this straight. This is what you just said...

"I don't look at primary sources for any info" - meaning you have no knowledge of any information.

then you said

"sources from the media are almost always incorrect" - meaning you do have knowledge of the correct information...

So I must assume this can only mean that you possess some sort super power that allows you to know all things without every learning them. That's amesome. What else can  you do?

Edited by Raz

That data is clearly a lie meant to mislead you into getting vaccines which will ultimately result in your slow and painful death.

Maybe the vaccines arent protecting us from diseases...maybe the vaccines ARE the diseases???

You make a good point. Graphs like this are meant to be read inversely, just like playing records backwards will reveal the devil's true message in the music. I'm glad we have a scientist here to point these sorts of things out, it would be a shame to live in a world that was blind to so much truth!

elizabeth09

Just read the Giver one day.  It does not bring up vaccines, but it does bring up a good point.  Do we want the government to control us, or do we want to control yourself?  Just a thought.

Quid Est Veritas?

Do you mean The Giver by Lois Lowry? I love that book. :)
The reason for the government's existence is to legitamately and justly exercise power. Requiring vaccinization is like making sure that sewer systems and electric grids work. It has been determined by professionals that vaccinization decreases the spread of deadly diseases and so the government works to keep its citizens alive by requiring them.

Archaeology cat

What do you consider a secondary source?
Do you often read the research reports directly?

What about schooling? I have studied these things quite a bit...would I be considered secondary? Or the education secondary?
Seems like this is a more deep rooted fear than just vaccines, people are so incredible suspicious that its ridiculous.

I do understand the discretion of looking online though. There is a TON of croutons out there, but if you know how to find reliable sources, then there shouldnt be any fear that people are trying to mislead you.

I promise I am not.

Yes, I read the studies and research reports. :) I know you aren't trying to mislead, so no worries there. I don't fear vaccines, or the diseases, for that matter, for I don't find fear to be conducive to good decision-making (for me, at least). Thus I look at the data. I tend to analyze things a lot. I will also look at those who have studied the material, but place more weight on the research reports, whle also looking at the researchers backgrounds and conflicts of interest, if such exist. I look to see what the data say, not what I want it to say. Nor do I make a conclusion and then search for data to support it.

Do you mean The Giver by Lois Lowry? I love that book. :)
The reason for the government's existence is to legitamately and justly exercise power. Requiring vaccinization is like making sure that sewer systems and electric grids work. It has been determined by professionals that vaccinization decreases the spread of deadly diseases and so the government works to keep its citizens alive by requiring them.

the problem I have with requiring it is that we should have he freedom to make our own medical decisions. Vaccines aren't compulsory in England, yet I could count on one hand the people who either spaced out the jabs while still getting all of them, skipped certain ones, or declined all jabs. Mandating vaccines isn't he only way to get the jabs done. Yes, you can get exemptions in he US, but I still have a problem with it being required. Edited by Archaeology cat

Autism is on the rise partially because the definition of Autism has expanded.  The new diagnostic criteria is responsible for a significant portion of the increase.

one reference: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8749.2008.02057.x/full

Another reason is general awareness.  A friend of mine was just referred to a professional to have their child evaluated for Autism.  Why?  A daycare teacher saw their 2 year old running in circles.  That's it.  The child has perfect social interactions and is affectionate, but a daycare teacher sees repetitive behavior and immediately thinks of Autism.  With that kind of vigilance, there is bound to be an increase in false positives.

A third reason is increases in parental age.  This goes for both mom and dad, but the effect isn't additive.

Data are

datum is