An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

My mom.  She thought about for while and then when I did not speak after the vaccine, she thought a while on it, then we found it out what happen few years ago.

I completely understand that for a mother it must be very scary when something is wrong with your child, and it is natural to try and find something to blame. Is your mother a doctor or a medical professional? "Thought a while on it" doesn't give suitable reasoning. As I have already said, correlation does not imply causation. 

Edit: I do not say this to criticise or blame your mother in the slightest, and I do not mean to do so. As I said, I completely understand. But that does not make it true that vaccinations are bad. 

Edited by EmilyAnn

elizabeth09

I have a 3 year sister, who, in her life, never had vaccines, and she during better then I was when I was her age.  If I have children, I do not want them having them vaccines, because what happen to me.

I have a 3 year sister, who, in her life, never had vaccines, and she during better then I was when I was her age.  If I have children, I do not want them having them vaccines, because what happen to me.

but I had vaccines and I turned out fine.

Why do you think the vaccine only harmed you but not me?

I also know many people with autism and other problems who weren't vaccinated.

Or do you think it's possible that it's just a coincidence that you have the vaccine?

How do you know for sure?

My sister and I were both vaccinated and she has significantly poorer health than me. Not everyone's immune system is naturally to the same standard. There are simply too many factors in play to say that your sister is healthier because she has not been vaccinated. 

elizabeth09

When I got the vaccine, I was beginning to talk.  Once I got it, I was silent for a while.  It hurts a lot of other people as well.  Some people, like yourself, got the cheap way out.  You might be affect in another way.

What vaccine is this? 

There are also many other reasons for changes in speech development like that. 

GeorgiiMichael

There is no reputable study that has found a link to vaccines and developmental issues. There is no logical connection between vaccination and autism. 

Vaccines literally have nothing in them that would cause any sort of developmental disability. They have either dead or active virus in them in small enough amounts so as to not cause illness but in large enough amounts that the body can develop an immunity to them. 

Refusing to immunize a child places that child and the community at risk of disease outbreak. 

We might not know what the cause of autism is, but we do know that it is not vaccinations.

elizabeth09

My sister and I were both vaccinated and she has significantly poorer health than me. Not everyone's immune system is naturally to the same standard. There are simply too many factors in play to say that your sister is healthier because she has not been vaccinated. 

Different people will react with different vaccinate.  For me, it was measles, mumps, and Garments poxes. 

There is no reputable study that has found a link to vaccines and developmental issues. There is no logical connection between vaccination and autism. 

Vaccines literally have nothing in them that would cause any sort of developmental disability. They have either dead or active virus in them in small enough amounts so as to not cause illness but in large enough amounts that the body can develop an immunity to them. 

Refusing to immunize a child places that child and the community at risk of disease outbreak. 

We might not know what the cause of autism is, but we do know that it is not vaccinations.

To add to this, the original paper that linked MMR vaccinations and autism has long since been discredited. It has been declared as fraudulent and the doctor who wrote it has been barred from practicing medicine. 

Different people will react with different vaccinate.  For me, it was measles, mumps, and Garments poxes. 

I assume you are referring to the MMR vaccine. I've already mentioned that there is no research linking MMR vaccination and adverse effects, and the research that led to the MMR scare was fraudulent. 

Archaeology cat

As with any medicine, some will have adverse reactions to vaccines, sometimes serious ones. Does this make them bad? No more so than antibiotics are bad because some may react badly (I don't think anyone would say abx are bad).

I will say that I dislike them being compulsory (yes, you can get an exemption, though the reasons vary by state), simply because I dislike the government mandating medical choices and reasons you can be exempt. While my experience in the UK was limited, I can think of maybe 2-3 people I know there who didn't follow the NHS recommended schedule exactly, and at least one of those just spaced them out a little (the jabs aren't compulsory there).

MissScripture

As with any medicine, some will have adverse reactions to vaccines, sometimes serious ones. Does this make them bad? No more so than antibiotics are bad because some may react badly (I don't think anyone would say abx are bad).

I will say that I dislike them being compulsory (yes, you can get an exemption, though the reasons vary by state), simply because I dislike the government mandating medical choices and reasons you can be exempt. While my experience in the UK was limited, I can think of maybe 2-3 people I know there who didn't follow the NHS recommended schedule exactly, and at least one of those just spaced them out a little (the jabs aren't compulsory there).

I also found the CDC to be a bit over-emotional in their approach to convince people to vax, which I thought weakened the argument. (We have vaxed, but in doing my research on various vaccines, I just thought it could've been presented a bit differently. But, I also have a background in healthcare, so I am more responsive to things being laid out via scientific research. When either "side" of an issue starts to be presented in a fashion that is emotional, I start to feel manipulated, and automatically start forming arguments against what they are saying, even if I actually agree with that "side.")  Where we live, they are "mandatory" but the exemptions can be pretty much for any reason, you are just required to fill out paperwork for school.

Info on Misconceptions.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/6mishome.htm

There are soooooooooooooo many sites out there that claim false information so you always need to be careful what you read. The bottom line is Vaccines are good! They aid in disease prevention and they are something we should all take advantage of. 

Archaeology cat

I also found the CDC to be a bit over-emotional in their approach to convince people to vax, which I thought weakened the argument. (We have vaxed, but in doing my research on various vaccines, I just thought it could've been presented a bit differently. But, I also have a background in healthcare, so I am more responsive to things being laid out via scientific research. When either "side" of an issue starts to be presented in a fashion that is emotional, I start to feel manipulated, and automatically start forming arguments against what they are saying, even if I actually agree with that "side.")  Where we live, they are "mandatory" but the exemptions can be pretty much for any reason, you are just required to fill out paperwork for school.

Agreed! I prefer to look at the studies and vaccine inserts and other "primary" sources and go from there.

Vaccines. Not all are as they seem. Some use aborted fetus tissue (yes, children are being injected with cells from aborted babies) and in many cases there are no  ethical alternatives, as in the case of the chicken pox vaccine and flu shots adults take.

You can view the list here: http://www.cogforlife.org/vaccineListOrigFormat.pdf

While this is still being debated, a rise in autism has been blamed on the 6 in 1 shot given to children. Some cite this as a cause due to it overwhelming the system. It is difficult to explain the spike in autism which has risen since this was implemented.

It is impossible to opt out as children need certification to attend school, so parents are forced to expose their children. Sadly, the Roman Catholic Church simply has to cite that these vaccines using aborted fetus tissue are against the faith and Catholics (like muslims) would be able to opt out.

As a side note, I suggest exploring this site (cogforlife.org) as it is horrifying what products contain aborted fetus tissue (from Pepsi (R&D) to coffee creamers (Nestles) to gum (Cadbury)  to skin cream).