An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vaccinate And Why They Are Bad

elizabeth09

Roamin Catholic

It is impossible to opt out as children need certification to attend school, 

Homeschool. Problem solved. 

MissScripture

Homeschool. Problem solved. 

That, and depending on where you live, you could opt out, anyway, it would just mean paperwork. 

Correlation does not imply causation. Vaccines are not bad. 

It certainly doesn't imply a lack of causation, either. Thus I don't know how you get the second statement from the first.

I opted out of the college ones. :|

Me, too. And I wouldn't vaccinate my kids, either. Science changes its mind too much. 

missionseeker

UNCLEAN!!!!!

Although, I actually was allergic to one of the shots I received as a baby. It was so painful, that I remember it. lol. I was unable to move for about 48 hours (literally could not move. Was paralyzed.) Also sound was magnified and it was just terrible (I was about 2). Luckily, it WAS a temporary reaction (and yes, doctors saw me after and said it WAS a reaction) Unfortunately, about 8 years ago, we found out that there was a massive class action law suit and I totally could have made my family rich (probably not, considering it was temporary, but I have  delusions of grandeur. At any rate, it definitely makes me anxious about vaccines that I most likely don't need (malaria, for instance. Though I did debate the meningitis one.)

Edited by missionseeker

As a side note, I suggest exploring this site (cogforlife.org) as it is horrifying what products contain aborted fetus tissue (from Pepsi (R&D) to coffee creamers (Nestles) to gum (Cadbury)  to skin cream).

I find this very difficult to believe. Where's the evidence?

missionseeker

Although, I actually was allergic to one of the shots I received as a baby. It was so painful, that I remember it. lol. I was unable to move for about 48 hours (literally could not move. Was paralyzed.) Also sound was magnified and it was just terrible (I was about 2). Luckily, it WAS a temporary reaction (and yes, doctors saw me after and said it WAS a reaction) Unfortunately, about 8 years ago, we found out that there was a massive class action law suit and I totally could have made my family rich (probably not, considering it was temporary, but I have  delusions of grandeur. At any rate, it definitely makes me anxious about vaccines that I most likely don't need (malaria, for instance. Though I did debate the meningitis one.)

Also, it was the one whooping cough, or whatever and I have asthma and I ALWAYS have terrible coughs when I get sick and I do wonder if there was a connection. Then again, people born under my astrological sign are prone to diseases of the lungs. :|

Info on Misconceptions.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/6mishome.htm

There are soooooooooooooo many sites out there that claim false information so you always need to be careful what you read. The bottom line is Vaccines are good! They aid in disease prevention and they are something we should all take advantage of. 

You trust the government? That'd be the first site I'd read carefully.

missionseeker

I find this very difficult to believe. Where's the evidence?

pepsi used to, they don't anymore. But Nestle does use child slave labor in Africa. :|

Vaccines literally have nothing in them that would cause any sort of developmental disability.

Except all that stuff we won't find out causes developmental disability until 100 years from now.

Scientists and doctors are constantly unloading things on us that they insist do no harm. Wait just a little while, and voila, waddayaknow, they do harm. "We didn't know..." No, they didn't. But they were so arrogant in insisting that they did.

The question for any given individual isn't so much whether vaccines do harm or don't—in this, we can only know what we know, and wait till we know more. The real question is: Does the potential risk of taking the vaccine outweigh the potential risk of getting whatever disease it prevents? In societies where most of those diseases are no longer prevalent, it does. Should there be future outbreaks, it wouldn't. But until the next outbreak, I think we should all just say 'no' to vaccines.

Edited by curiousing